What's new

Should Pakistan join China J-31 / F-60 project?

join F-60 project?

• yes

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters

Superboy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Canada
J-21_3view2.jpg

Joining the FC-1 project was a brilliant choice. J-31 / F-60 is a 5th generation fighter built by AVIC, also for export. Pakistan joined FC-1 with a 500 million USD contribution. What about joining F-60 with a 1 billion USD contribution? The result could be JF-26. JF standing for joint fighter. 26 means 10 more than 16, that is, to replace F-16, just as 17 means 10 more than 7, replacing F-7. :p:

Joining the FC-1 project was a brilliant choice. J-31 / F-60 is a 5th generation fighter built by AVIC, also for export. Pakistan joined FC-1 with a 500 million USD contribution. What about joining F-60 with a 1 billion USD contribution? The result could be JF-26. JF standing for joint fighter. 26 means 10 more than 16, that is, to replace F-16, just as 17 means 10 more than 7, replacing F-7. :p:

Well, there will be hardly anything that we can contribute to a 5th generation plan.plus,for the time being we have budget limitations as well. so in my opinion let the chinese build it till past 2020 and we'll be the first costumer provided that the project turns out to be successful.

Well, there will be hardly anything that we can contribute to a 5th generation plan.plus,for the time being we have budget limitations as well. so in my opinion let the chinese build it till past 2020 and we'll be the first costumer provided that the project turns out to be successful.

If Pakistan can contribute to funding, it should be able to get production and license rights. Rumor has it PLAAF is primarily funding J-20, with little funding for J-31. J-31 is primarily funded by AVIC itself, not like J-20 which is heavily funded by the Chinese government. If PAF can provide say 1 or 2 billion funding for J-31, the project can really turn out great. Plus, PAF needs a medium fighter in the future to replace F-16, and J-31 is the best choice for that. :p: F-35 is too costly, and only has 1 engine. J-31 would be much less costly, and having two engines means it would be a lot safer to fly than F-35.

If Pakistan can contribute to funding, it should be able to get production and license rights. Rumor has it PLAAF is primarily funding J-20, with little funding for J-31. J-31 is primarily funded by AVIC itself, not like J-20 which is heavily funded by the Chinese government. If PAF can provide say 1 or 2 billion funding for J-31, the project can really turn out great. Plus, PAF needs a medium fighter in the future to replace F-16, and J-31 is the best choice for that. :p: F-35 is too costly, and only has 1 engine. J-31 would be much less costly, and having two engines means it would be a lot safer to fly than F-35.

Our poor economy won't allow anything except for producing JF-17s to replace the old fleet for the foreseenable future.

Our poor economy won't allow anything except for producing JF-17s to replace the old fleet for the foreseenable future.

JF-17 replaces F-7, Mirage III / 5, A-5. J-31 which I assume would be called JF-26 in PAF would be good for replacing F-16, being in the same size class.

PdwtkLy.jpg

If we have $$$ we should do , if not than never mind ... i am sure PAF will look for the best birds in limited funds

Sounds like a good idea, although what about looking into projects that are increasingly utilizing local talent? Instead of just paying the Chinese to do everything. I also believe that Pakistan should atleast have the capability to make atleast one 100% made Pakistan JF-17 per year. I guess the engine may be a compromise on that one.

sorry to say but our pak peples thinking is very low and poor .....we just used to think negatively..we cant contribute project this and so .we got lot of resources lot of money inside our pakistan lot of things we could fund not only fighter aircraft projects but scientifically we could be a rising nation among whole world.. when will stop thinking poorly and then we will move forward ..sorry to say this poor thinking that we cant contribute cant make something would never make us great nation among the world..great nations never think like that...great nations never loose hopes and why not we keep hope of building 5th generation aircraft ourselves or atleast join the project.... why not government utilizes youth knowledge, minds and talent.....why there are so many enginers and research works is nowhere to see........all coz of poor thinking....if we shud have to take some positive steps pakistan shud have funded more then a billion dollar.......where is Gold mine of pakistan???why not pakistan using coal mines ........and i had heard about lot of other resources which few peples are unaware off.......sorry to say coz of our poor thinking!!! we are not developed yet.........a nation could never progress with poor management..our gov never take anything seriously coz they dont have any problems they are living luxury lives..saying that we cant contribute is a big lie ...yes we can contribute....if we want to change everything we shud have to take destiny of nation in our hands.....

Pakistan brings tons of input from operational aspects. I think Pakistan's contributions would be invaluable and our input would create the aircraft that fits our operational needs.

J-31 is an opportunity we must not miss, only if our economy allowed to procure an expensive stealth aircraft.

Easily double the lifetime cost for an F-16. Nopes we cannot afford it in numbers it will matter. India will have categorically superior firepower in sea, land and air by the end of this decade. While we will still be grappling over TTP and the likes.

Easily double the lifetime cost for an F-16. Nopes we cannot afford it in numbers it will matter. India will have categorically superior firepower in sea, land and air by the end of this decade. While we will still be grappling over TTP and the likes.

There is always room for optimism though. We just need to maintain a technological balance of power with India. Don't have to beat them bullet by bullet.

We got nothing to contribute

I would beg to differ. Spain is a partner of Eurofighter, but contributed very little to it. :D

J-31 should be easier and less costly to service than F-16.

Back
Top Bottom