What's new

Should India remove anti-minority hate from it's textbooks?

I hope for the freedom of Dalits and the removal of the vulgar caste system. Human rights must be respected. India needs to respect human rights and give equal opportunity regardless of religion, caste, skin colour, etc.

yes, you protrait my cencern about the Ugihar, tibetians in china.
I hope they also get fredom from those mainlanders and baise they encounter in their every day life.Their human rights index is prity low.

First off, tell me why the insecurity and defensive attitude?

Are you suggesting that Dalits are ignorant and their grievances are to be completely disregarded and ignored.

If they found it offensive, then, why question their sensitivity on the issue?

I have made an entire thread on Pakistani education and it is in the Pakistani section.

This is specifically made for Indians and this is why I mentioned it here.

Are you going to suggest that we discuss Pakistani education whilst discussing Indian education?

Is that how Kapil Sibbal et. al draft their education policy? What is happening in Pakistan? :undecided:

Strange. Very Strange.

No question is why are you sensitive about it and acting in a defensive mode.No one had any problem when this cartoon was published half a century ago.And it was part of NCERT for 5 years and why MPs waited five years to find it offensive.Such controversies were created for political means.You need to get some perspective before posting such subjects.

Anti-Islamic material in Indian textbooks. Trying to present Islam as an offshoot of Hinduism (Vaishnavism)

Under the fundamental principles of Islam ‘******’ has also been included as the sixth tenet. The role of the caliphs in Islamic conquests has been overlooked. There is no mention of the companions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). It was stated that after the demise of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), the caliphs of Umayyid Dynasty propagated Islam.

Distorting historical facts, it was mentioned that Muslim rule was establish due to the invasions of the Turks on India.

It was also mentioned that the Arabs were very much influenced by Hindu Culture. An attempt was made to make believe that the Arabs learnt numerology from the Indians. They also learnt Astronomy from the Indians and spread it in Europe. In this book, it was claimed that Caliph Haroon-al- Rasheed had appointed Indian Hakeems in his court.

It was also claimed that the designs of the tombs of the mosques have been derived from Hindu temples. The entrances of the mosques also resemble the entrances of the temples.

About crusades, it was mentioned that the Muslims had conquered almost all the holy places of the Christians in order to propagate Islam.

It would be appropriate if this book were shown to any Islamic Scholar for review and corrections.

---Siasat News

Spurious material about Islam in text books | Siasat

All these things are nothing but true and well known historical facts.What is so insulting.

All these things are nothing but true and well known historical facts.What is so insulting.

Factually wrong and inaccurate statements. No proof of this exists except in the minds of Gaurav Gatha extremists.

It was also claimed that the designs of the tombs of the mosques have been derived from Hindu temples.
:omghaha:

Distortion of Islam and presenting it with the preferred Indian narrative.

Under the fundamental principles of Islam ‘******’ has also been included as the sixth tenet.

The hidden word starts with a "J". There is no such "sixth" tenet in Islam as there are only five.

This is just comedy. He had Greco-Roman books translated by Indian Hakeems? :omghaha::omghaha:

In this book, it was claimed that Caliph Haroon-al- Rasheed had appointed Indian Hakeems in his court.

he is hitting the snail..the cartoon symbolises the slow pace at which constitution is being framed..people like you tried to make issue out of it nothing big..

I am not the one who found it offensive so proving anything to me won't make a big deal. But for those who did find it offensive on the other hand, need to be condoled for the most vicious and insensitive attack on their revered leader.

People can make fun of those who I don't hold dear to my heart because it won't matter to me given that I don't feel the same but what about those who do?

This is where the self-centered Indians' problem lies

Intolerant Indians need to learn to change this attitude of ignorance, xenophobia and bigotry where they completely disregard the sensitivity of other communities like the Dalits.

Also, the concerns were raised by the Indian opposition in the Parliament whilst Kapil Sibbal was speaking.

It was definitely a huge deal and cannot be shoved under the rug as you would like because the democratic system teaches us transparency, freedom of speech and expression.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-11/india/31668928_1_ncert-books-gujjars-jats

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dr-br-ambedkar-cartoon-raises-mps-hackles/1/188454.html

Factually wrong and inaccurate statements. No proof of this exists except in the minds of Gaurav Gatha extremists.

It was also claimed that the designs of the tombs of the mosques have been derived from Hindu temples.

Its True Humayun's tomb and Taj Mahal is a good example of this.It incorporates many aspects of ancient Hindu Rajput architecture.These are all well known facts.Read about use of Chhatris in Mughal architecture.

Under the fundamental principles of Islam ‘******’ has also been included as the sixth tenet.

The hidden word starts with a "J". There is no such "sixth" tenet in Islam as there are only five.

In India there are many other sects of Islam who believes in sixth,Seventh or even ten pillars of Islam.We cannot teach the children narrative that suites the majority.We must also teach about the beliefs of Shiites.And they do include "J" word as a tenant.Unlike you,we are a secular state.We must respect the beliefs of all our religious groups.Not just Sunnis.

This is just comedy. He had Greco-Roman books translated by Indian Hakeems? :omghaha::omghaha:

Greeko Roman books were widely translated in those days.I don't know it they were done by Indian Hakeems.But could be possible

In this book, it was claimed that Caliph Haroon-al- Rasheed had appointed Indian Hakeems in his court.

Considering the fact that Caliph Haroon-al- Rasheed even had extensive relations with Charlemagne dynasty,I don't see why is that not possible.If you wanna know more about his court read Thousand and one nights.

LOL.

NO Indian school text book teaches hate against anyone!

That cartoon just shows what BR Ambedkar faced criticism because he took too long to draft the constitution!

You would be wise to infact copy Indian NCERT text books verbatim and teach them in Pakistan. It would solve much of your country's problem of intolerant jihad loving kids.

Playing the typical Indian tactic of diversion and keep the issues stuck to Islam and Pakistan so their own issues are never addressed (or presented). Head in the sand, much? :omghaha::omghaha:

f_ca375f6d71.jpg

Its True Humayun's tomb and Taj Mahal is a good example of this.It incorporates many aspects of ancient Hindu Rajput architecture.These are all well known facts.

It quotes Arabs, not South Asian Muslims, influenced by the local architecture (although, Taj Mahal looks nothing like Khajuraho :omghaha:)

Chinese architecture influenced mosques in China but I won't be sharing pictures now as it will be too irrelevant and might burden your brain, too much.

In India there are many other sects of Islam who believes in sixth,Seventh or even ten pillars of Islam.
We cannot teach the children narrative that suites the majority.We must also teach about the beliefs of Shiites.And they do include "J" word as a tenant.Unlike you we are a secular state.

I would like actual proof of this non sense because no one includes that in their tenets and the religion cannot be taught as you perceive and what suits your liking. If a Muslim is saying that it is not, and so are scholars and every other secular or neutral book available on the subject, then it should be of no question, that it isn't.

This has been the first time I heard this non-sense after hearing all the misconceptions floating around in the internet. I've heard things like the Qur'an's first line teaches that you should kill everyone who doesn't believe in their religion. That was fantastic (root word: fantasy), but this is even worse because not only is it written in the way it has, it is being defended by you.

No other country in the world, that teaches world religions teaches this as they prefer to teach what people actually believe and not what they want to portray as them believing it.

By defending that non-sense, you are trying to impose illogical bullsh!t in the textbook on people. It's like me telling you believe the sky is green, when you don't believe that and then, one of my followers starts defending you believing that.

And the mention of Shiites only goes to show that your source of information is Indian media's talking points against Pakistan.

The Shiite agitation is active in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Bahrain, Yemen and Saudi's province of Qatif. It's a regional cold-war being played out and not something that you can cleverly shove down our throats.

BTW, I will wait for you to prove that it is a tenet in other sects and I will laugh at you being refuted because Shiites don't even believe in such a concept starting with "j" :omghaha:

I only played along to let you think you were able to actually get into a purposeful debate but you weren't.

Greeko Roman books were widely translated in those days.I don't know it they were done by Indian Hakeems.

Along with not knowing that it wasn't Indian Hakeems, you also don't know that it's Greco-Roman and not "Greeko Roman".

Furthermore, you also don't know that the word Hakeem was not introduced into Indian society till after the Turkic invasion. Therefore, we don't even know what this means in the Indian context?

What does it mean when it says Hakeem? Are we referring to Indian Sants, Gurus, Pandits? Who are these Hakeems?

And the last point on this nonsensical argument is that it is widely known by all secular sources that the European Renaissance was triggered by the Arabs in Spain (I don't glorify Arabs as I am not of their ethnicity - I am only reporting history).

It was done because of their access to Roman literature that the Europeans had rejected during their "Dark Ages".

It was the Jews and Muslims in Spain who had their "Golden Age" due to this literature.

No such reference is ever made to Indian involvement or inclusion in this - even before.

Haroon al-Rashid and Mamoon al-Rashid were ruling in the 8th century and no such contact has ever been reported with the Indians.

Arabs didn't contact Indians until much later but even that wasn't close enough because it was the Turkic people who ruled and not the Bedouins.

The best relations Indians have ever had with Arabs throughout history, is now.

Even Pakistanis didn't have relations with them till the '70s and 80's.

Also, no proof is present of Indians being in contact with Greco-Roman literature except for Porus and Alexander but no historical fact shows that they were present in Haroon al-Rashid's courts.

Therefore, it is not possible for one to accept an argument only made by someone who heard it just recently and is defending it because of delusional national pride.

I could've shared information about Ottomans using Russian Cossacks to fight against the British in Westminster Abbey where Indian snake-charmers settled the disputes and you would have started defending that, too.

Considering the fact that Caliph Haroon-al- Rasheed even had extensive relations with Charlemagne dynasty,I don't see why is that not possible.If you wanna know more about his court read Thousand and one nights.

He had contacts with the Romans because they were neighbours and most of the traveling at the time was done through land, horses, camels and not elephants.

I think you're taking my criticism in the religious sense or assuming that the difference in religion is the issue here so I will be more self-critical to prove to you that this is an issue of inaccurate fact reporting and not of Indian national pride, etc.

Pakistanis have claimed that Jats guarded the treasures of Caliph Hazrat Umar RA

The person writing was a Jat and wanted to promote his ethnic background in this way but nobody can possibly believe this non-sense.

Lastly, I realized that you were joking this entire time because One Thousand and One Nights are fairy tales translated and passed on over the entire world (with local adding their own twists in the plot).

People don't even know what the real fables were because they were changed as they were passed. If fantasy stories and fairy tales, themselves are not even passed on to different parts of the world, in one piece, how can anyone in their right mind prove anything relevant historically, through them?

It's like saying, 100 years from now, Harry Potter stories should be used to understand the British monarchy :omghaha:

'People of other religions busy in useless activities during religious festivals': So say Pakistan's school books

LAHORE: National Commission for Justice and Peace (NCJP) has conducted a content analysis of the revised curriculum of Punjab and Sindh textbooks for 2012-2013 for inclusion of biased and discriminatory content against religions other than Islam.
The findings reveal excessive use of the words Hindu, Christian and Jew while discussing the history of Pakistan and Islamic Studies, which portray the said faiths in a negative light.
For example, an Islamic Studies book of Sindh board for class 5, in a chapter on Eid (religious festivals), includes a line saying, “People of other religions usually stay busy in useless activities during their religious festivals. There is no concept of God or submission among them.”
The chapter “Pakistan, an Islamic State” in the same textbook of Punjab board includes this line: “Hindus harmed Muslims in every way.”
The content analysis has been published in Urdu to generate a debate on how the inclusion of discriminatory content in curriculum sows seeds of hatred, and to ensure that the review reaches maximum people.
Number of chapters with biased content
PUNJAB:
Class 1: General Knowledge – 1 out of 30 chapters (3.33%)
Class 5: Pakistan Studies -–1 out of 11 chapters (18%), Urdu – 2 out of 33 chapters (6.06%)
Class 6: History – 2 out of 5 chapters (20%)
Class 7: Pakistan Studies – 1 out of 10 chapters (10%)
Class 8: Urdu – 3 out of 43 chapters (6.9%), Pakistan Studies – 4 out of 13 chapters (30.76%)
Class 9 and 10: Urdu Grammar – 3 out of 9 chapters (33.3%)
Class 9: Pakistan Studies – 3 out of 4 chapters (75%)
Class 10: Urdu compulsory – 1 out of 32 chapters (3.12%), Pak Studies – 3 out of 10 chapters (30%)
Total number of chapters with biased and discriminatory content: 28 out of 204, which make up for 13.7% of the content.
SINDH:
Class 2: Urdu – 1 out of 39 (2.6%)
Class 5: Islamic Studies – 3 out of 4 (75%)
Class 6: Islamic Studies – 1 out of 5 (20%), Urdu – 3 out of 33 (9.09%)
Class 7: Pakistan Studies – 2 out of 9 (22.2%), Islamic Studies – 2 out of 5 (40%)
Class 8: Urdu – 7 out of 40 (17.5%), Pakistan Studies – 1 out of 9 (11.1%)
Class 9 and 10: Urdu – 1 out of 25 (4%), Pakistan Studies – 1 out of 10 (10%)
Total number of chapters with discriminatory content: 22 out of 179, which make up for 12% of the content of curriculum.
Comparison between revised curricula of 2009-11 and 2012-2013
SINDH:
The NCJP analysed that the syllabus being taught at government schools in Sindh includes a higher number of mentions which can be categorised as discriminatory. Number of chapters with discriminatory content in 2009-11 was 11, but in 2012-13 there are 22.
The marked increase is due to the addition of mentioned content in syllabus of Urdu for classes 9, 10, 8, 5, 6. However, the Islamic Studies book of class 7 and Pakistan Studies of class 8 do not include the discriminatory content from the 2009-2011.
PUNJAB:
In Punjab, the number of chapters with discrimination towards minorities has increased from 11 in 2009-11 to 22 in 2012-13.
The analysis shows that in 2009, the number of lines with religious bias was 45 and in 2012 the number is 122. Urdu and Pakistan Studies syllabus for classes 10, 9, 8 and 7 show a marked increase in discriminatory content.
In 2009, Urdu and Pakistan Studies books of the said classes included 15 lines with discrimination towards religious minorities, but in 2012, the number of such lines went up to 86, the NCJP reveals. Islamic Studies and Urdu syllabus include more content with religious bias. The Islamic Studies textbook previously did not include chapters with such content but now have three chapters each.
Recommendations
The content analysis recommends that students should be taught the role of religious minorities in Pakistan’s creation. Religious teachings should ideally be passed on to children at home through families.
In case, it is impossible for the state to exclude Islamic Studies from school curriculum, then the minority children should have a right to religious teachings as well, as per the Article 20 and 22 of Constitution of Pakistan. Therefore, the latter should be allowed to study teachings of their respective faiths instead of ethics.

‘People of other religions busy in useless activities during religious festivals’: So say Pakistan’s school books – The Express Tribune

Post this in the Pakistani section. This is not that section, is it?

Also, what does Pakistan have to do with the topic at hand?

You say that Pakistanis should take India as an example and not the other way around, but you are preaching the opposite, now, why?

LOL.

NO Indian school text book teaches hate against anyone!

That cartoon just shows what BR Ambedkar faced criticism because he took too long to draft the constitution!

You would be wise to infact copy Indian NCERT text books verbatim and teach them in Pakistan. It would solve much of your country's problem of intolerant jihad loving kids.

You shouldn't use Pakistan's example of anti-minority "hate" to justify your own hate for minorities in school textbooks.

It's like saying if Cuba has hate for capitalism in their books, so you will start teaching that in Indian textbooks, too. :omghaha:

I am not the one who found it offensive so proving anything to me won't make a big deal. But for those who did find it offensive on the other hand, need to be condoled for the most vicious and insensitive attack on their revered leader.

People can make fun of those who I don't hold dear to my heart because it won't matter to me given that I don't feel the same but what about those who do?

This is where the self-centered Indians' problem lies

Intolerant Indians need to learn to change this attitude of ignorance, xenophobia and bigotry where they completely disregard the sensitivity of other communities like the Dalits.

Also, the concerns were raised by the Indian opposition in the Parliament whilst Kapil Sibbal was speaking.

It was definitely a huge deal and cannot be shoved under the rug as you would like because the democratic system teaches us transparency, freedom of speech and expression.

Congress insulted gujjars, jats, Sikhs: BJP - Times Of India

Dr B.R. Ambedkar cartoon raises MPs' hackles : North, News - India Today

IF UR NOT OFFENDED??AND UR NOT BOTHERED?? WHY DID U OPEN THIS THREAD??I KNOW JUST TO TROLL..U HAVE MANY SERIOUS ISSUES AT HOME BETTER CONCNETRATE ON THEM BEFORE SHOWING FINGER TO SOMEONE ELSE.MINORITIES AND BACKWARD CLASSES HERE ARE FAR BETTER COMPARED TO UR COUNTRY.IF UR SO BROAD MINDED Y DONT U OPEN A THREAD ON UR COUNTRY AND WE SHALL DISCUSS..WHAT SAY U???IM WAITING

He is Troll , No source no Current affair .................Biased Mods Allow These pak_i Beggars , Lets bash him.

This is what I wrote to the Mods.

"Is this the attitude of Indian intolerance that you want to promote on this site whilst they don't even allow us on their sites like D F I where they banned me in one day for promoting Tamil rights and mocking their hysterical attempts at trying to "liberate" Baluchestan over the internet on a lowly site with no Traffic.

Also, they don't know much about Baluch affairs and that Mengal said no but who cares, they're Indians right?

I won't report every single post but I only did it because Indians usually run to you people first and get me banned like they did before because they are against freedom of speech (and believe it should be suppressed at all costs)"

Let's see what they do.

IF UR NOT OFFENDED??AND UR NOT BOTHERED?? WHY DID U OPEN THIS THREAD??I KNOW JUST TO TROLL..U HAVE MANY SERIOUS ISSUES AT HOME BETTER CONCNETRATE ON THEM BEFORE SHOWING FINGER TO SOMEONE ELSE.MINORITIES AND BACKWARD CLASSES HERE ARE FAR BETTER COMPARED TO UR COUNTRY.IF UR SO BROAD MINDED Y DONT U OPEN A THREAD ON UR COUNTRY AND WE SHALL DISCUSS..WHAT SAY U???IM WAITING

In a free and open society and culture (that this public forum is hoping to promote), people are open and welcome to discuss anything - especially, because it is a public forum.

This is India's section and the posts are in the relevant category.

If that is an issue, then, it seems to me that you're one of those who would like to put their head in the sand and not address the problems inherent in your society.

Continuing to not address real problems is never going to result in improving yourself (thinking you need no improvement won't be of much difference, either).

Lastly, I cannot be told what to do and what not to do as I refuse to be dictated in choosing what I access on the internet and what I don't access. I am not accessing your personal details or someone's private photos. These things are available on mainstream Indian newspapers and available for the whole world to see.

"Is this the attitude of Indian intolerance that you want to promote on this site whilst they don't even allow us on their sites like D F I where they banned me in one day for promoting Tamil rights and mocking their hysterical attempts at trying to "liberate" Baluchestan over the internet on a lowly site with no Traffic.

Also, they don't know much about Baluch affairs and that Mengal said no but who cares, they're Indians right?

I won't report every single post but I only did it because Indians usually run to you people first and get me banned like they did before because they are against freedom of speech (and believe it should be suppressed at all costs)"

Let's see what they do.

OooohhhKKK... so thats' why you are so pissed off with India ... because you got banned of behaving the way you aredoing right now... you decided to spew your venom here...

OooohhhKKK... so thats' why you are so pissed off with India ... because you got banned of behaving the way you aredoing right now... you decided to spew your venom here...

So, maybe things can change? I can spew facts and share mainstream Indian news articles, there? :omghaha:

Let's see what they do.

In a free and open society and culture (that this public forum is hoping to promote), people are open and welcome to discuss anything - especially, because it is a public forum.

This is India's section and the posts are in the relevant category.

If that is an issue, then, it seems to me that you're one of those who would like to put their head in the sand and not address the problems inherent in your society.

Continuing to not address real problems is never going to result in improving yourself (thinking you need no improvement won't be of much difference, either).

Lastly, I cannot be told what to do and what not to do as I refuse to be dictated in choosing what I access on the internet and what I don't access. I am not accessing your personal details or someone's private photos. These things are available on mainstream Indian newspapers and available for the whole world to see.

SO WHAT UR SAYING IS THATU HAVE NO GUTS TO OPEN A THREAD ON PAKISTAN IS THAT CORRECT??

COMMON WAITN BUDDY SEEMS UR VERY BROAD MINDED.WHY NOT WE DISCUSS THE PROBLEMS FACED BY CHRISTIANS ,HINDUS,AND OTHER MINORITES IN UR COUNTRY ALSO BALOCH ISSUE..R U READY??

SO WHAT UR SAYING IS THATU HAVE NO GUTS TO OPEN A THREAD ON PAKISTAN IS THAT CORRECT??

No, it's not that much of an issue to open a thread. It's actually pretty easy and it does not require huge acts of valor as you suggest.

I said I will choose not to but I already have - although, I don't need to prove this to you as the site (along with this world) is free for you to choose to do whatever you please without anyone's dictation.

COMMON WAITN BUDDY SEEMS UR VERY BROAD MINDED.WHY NOT WE DISCUSS THE PROBLEMS FACED BY CHRISTIANS ,HINDUS,AND OTHER MINORITES IN UR COUNTRY ALSO BALOCH ISSUE..R U READY??

I am ready to discuss it on D F I and I was discussing it but they banned me out of embarrassment and insecurity.

Back
Top Bottom