What's new

Should India allow Pakistani Kashmiris into indian institutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
indians are always giving indians sources which on one in the world trust anymore....

There is this report that 100 kashmiri students wants to study in Pakistani universities..........

indians are always giving indians sources which on one in the world trust anymore....

There is this report that 100 kashmiri students wants to study in Pakistani universities..........

so take them.they can go through wagah border or any other way

Kashmiris of GB and *** are Indian citizens, so they should be allowed to read in India’s elite institutions, however, reservations for them is altogether a different question

Well, why would there be any quotas fro Students Of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir?? Well they certainly can Learn from IIT and IIM's If they wish to, but separate Quotas, forget it .... A Big No To reservations for them....

Well its not about who has bigger contest - please refrain. I can show you news where many Pakistani students want to study in INDIA.

:cheers:

yeah Kashmiris want to study in Pakistan. In the Lashkar-e-Taiba university! Where the admission criteria is how many stones you can pelt in a minute.

yeah Kashmiris want to study in Pakistan. In the Lashkar-e-Taiba university! Where the admission criteria is how many stones you can pelt in a minute.

Dont categorize Kashmiris as terrorists and stone-pelters. And above all, dont trivialize the issues they are facing. We can have a discussion here without calling anybody names.

First of all, one needs serious brains to get into such prestigious institutions even if is under reservations category. (Here's an insider thing, in IITs and even in IISc, students are expected to maintain a certain GPA to continue their studies there. Most students in reservation category fail to maintain that and by the end of 1st year are well on their way out of the institute.)
Secondly, seats in such prestigious institutions are for the citizens of the Republic of India, those holding Indian passports.

Mr. Inqlabi, who demanded a seat in such prestigious institution is welcome to apply, if and only if he rejects/discards his present passport and gets an Indian one. Let him do that and he is more than welcome to apply. Getting an actual seat would still depend on the competition.
you are wrong here.

i am studying in IIT Kanpur and I can assure you that the students who come through reservation are just as smart and do just as well as the rest of us. they need reservations because they did not have the same resources before coming to IIT. general category students get to go to coachings and have access to various books. the reserved category students come from economically weaker backgrounds and need that extra push in form of reservations.

when it comes to getting facilities, they want to be known as Indian citizen, and in general they dont want to be recognised as Indians but a part of azad kashmir under the rule of pakistan..what the heck !

If they want facilities like these they should show India that they are Indians from heart...and not just for the sake of getting facilities...why dont these guys fight for their freedom from the Pakistan administration in P0K ??

today they get admission and tomorrow they will create another anti India group sending information to LeT and regroup and activate some sleeper cells.

I know about all thats going on in indian kashmir, but this is about the other one. enjoy :cheers:

P0K students want seats in IIM/IITs!

Students of Gilgit-Baltistan in P@kistan occupied Kashmir have demanded reservation for them in India's elite educational institutions.

"We want quotas in the Indian Institute of Management, the Indian Institute of Technology and law colleges of India. India should not ignore us,:lol:" said Shafquat Ali Inqlabi, a resident of Gilgit, told rediff.com.

Inqlabi and other 18 others are visiting India to participate in a conference organised by the New Delhi-based Institute for Conflict Management to discuss 'Alternative Futures' for Jammu and Kashmir [ Images ] on May 19-20.

Inqlabi says, "Indian maps always show Gilgit and Baltistan as part of India. The Constitution of India mentions that we are part of India. In your eyes, we are Indians and Pakistan has 'occupied' Indian territory. Then, why should we not get admissions in the IIMs and the IITs?" he says, adding, "I am an engineer, but now, I want to study law in the best of Indian law colleges. Help me get admission."

One of the demands made in a resolution unanimously passed by the conference -- which had the tacit support of Indian government -- says, 'The Government of India should provide openings in higher, professional and technical educational institutions to deserving students from Gilgit-Baltistan and Pakistan-administered Kashmir, who are denied necessary facilities for such education.'

The Karakoram University is the only institution for higher studies in Gilgit-Baltistan. The members of the delegation claimed that it does not have proper facilities.

Inqlabi, a political activist, says, "India should either accept us as Indians or give up claim on the territory."

In view of the All Party Hurriyat Conference's rejecting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's [ Images ] invitation to attend the second roundtable conference on Kashmir, the conference presented the ground realities about the future of Kashmir.

Editor of Public Opinions and Trends Sushant Sareen says, "The prime minister's roundtable on Kashmir has shown that there is no uniformity of views amongst Kashmiris. The region carries a multiplicity of views. Hurriyat, which is a non-entity, is getting attention it doesn't deserve. It's high time the people of Gilgit-Baltistan, who have been denied rights by Pakistan, and the people of *** get our attention."

Dr Ajaya Sahni, who organised the meeting, said, "Unfortunately, discussions on Kashmir are overwhelmingly defined by people who resort to terrorism. People who are displaced, marginalised and the voices of non-violence are neglected. Now is the time to respect those voices that have rejected terrorism."
Yeah right! As if Indian students don't already have to struggle with the quota system for OBCs, SCs, STs and religious minorities. Out of shame, I chose not to consider the quota in my studies.

Now we have to allow even terrorists and enemies of India into our academies. This will happen only over the dead bodies of Indian students. :angry:

Dont categorize Kashmiris as terrorists and stone-pelters. And above all, dont trivialize the issues they are facing. We can have a discussion here without calling anybody names.
It is the truth. Kashmiris today are two kinds: normal fellows and separatists. The sooner you accept it the sooner you come out of the rosy cloud of supposed peace around us.

Some Pakistanis are being jealous in this!
I wonder if they are aware of the very high standards of IIT and IIM?

Some Pakistanis are being jealous in this!
I wonder if they are aware of the very high standards of IIT and IIM?

How high is the standard? I know lot of indian fellows here UK from IIT and IIM ... they are same as others you know its a fact..... infact Pakistani FAST, ULM, LUMS are at more better positions world wide.... :pakistan:

How high is the standard? I know lot of indian fellows here UK from IIT and IIM ... they are same as others you know its a fact..... infact Pakistani FAST, ULM, LUMS are at more better positions world wide.... :pakistan:

can you share source of your claim . or just ...........

Thanx for the laugh mate!You made my day!:rofl:
I know..Hillary clinton said that Pakistani universities are the best in the world??
I know...Microsoft employes maximum students from Pakistani universities.
And i know...There are over 1,000 foreign students in Islamabad(DELHI:P) university(IIT):smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom