What's new

Should France & India co-develop AMCA 5th gen fighter?

PLZ READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE POLLING

• Total voters
well then u can press no thanks button in protest to my thread but dont say piss off:lol:
alas yes !! i think the russians got angry that i revealed so many changes need to be done thats why in protest they change that thing that i had not mentioned in that thread
alas yes !

t502t503.jpg

That's why I didn't commented on that thread, just to your PM to show you where you got it wrong, remember?

10-12-2011 11:04 AM

...Going by this logical growth, we can expect the T50-3 to push the limit of aerodynamic tests once more (with limited external changes, only if required), but possibly with the next batch of electronics to be integrated, which might be radar arrays in the nose, cockpit sides and wingroots. This is even reported for the next, or maybe for the 4th prototype, so there is a logical growth of performance that you have to take to account first, before get into conclusions!...

Seems my guess was pretty close right? :smokin:

There is no need for me to get rude on you, but as I told you before, you are speculating too much in your threads and that's why you often get to wrong conclusions.

well if that really is true what ur saying then indeed it cant be called a 5th gen true stealth aircraft but it has all other capabilties of 5th gen aircraft apart from true stealth stealth version of rafale

Nobody said it's a 5th gen fighter! It's actually the EF consortium who is comparing the EF with the F35 or other 5th gen fighters, but the fact is, no matter how many 5th gen features Rafale and EF has, without a real stealth airframe, they can't be true 5th gen fighters!

now Mate how about this thing in LCA MARK 2 upgrade wouldnt it be nice ;)

We have more basic issues for LCA, so that's would be possible only for an mark 3 version if at all.

the question is not about the amount of investment ,but the worthiness of that investment

That's what I am talking about, it is way more worth it to have a dedicated 5th gen naval fighter, with good capabilities for the use on our carriers, instead of developing just another 5th gen fighter for IAF, with similiar features like FGFA, only smaller and with less performance (not as fast, not as maneuverable, less radar detection, less range and internal payload...).

why it cant be like JSF:azn: fulffilling all requreiment of 3 forces .

You should inform yourself a bit more about it, because the 3 forces are not that happy with it.

Well u cant say naval lca as a compromised development it is also advanced & i assume slight better looks than airforce one well when it is going to be inducted i cant say

We have IN officials and pilots stating that N-LCA is just a modest platform, even the final MK2 version, that it was developed because In had to commint themselfs on indigenous developments, not to have a good carrier fighter. They even said that they are not impressed by the early prototypes, because the gears for example were overdeveloped and turned out to be too big and heavy...
That's exactly why I'm saying, we shouldn't go for AMCA development because of pride reasons, but should look at the requirements of our forces first! IAF will have a 5th gen fighter and an 5th gen UCAV, then the logical way would be, to develop a 5th gen fighter for IN primarily.

That's why I didn't commented on that thread, just to your PM to show you where you got it wrong, remember?
ya man !!! not only u but kaapo also critcised me that i got it all wrong ,
t2348.gif

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ation-should-done-3rd-prototype-pak-fa-5.html

Seems my guess was pretty close right? :smokin:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. yes
t1933.gif

There is no need for me to get rude on you,
wow ,so nice of u:woot:
but as I told you before, you are speculating too much in your threads and that's why you often get to wrong conclusions.
alas YES !! u r 99.99999999% correct on that i expect too much for no real reason :hitwall:.OK whatever

Nobody said it's a 5th gen fighter! It's actually the EF consortium who is comparing the EF with the F35 or other 5th gen fighters, but the fact is, no matter how many 5th gen features Rafale and EF has, without a real stealth airframe, they can't be true 5th gen fighters!
yes i second that

We have more basic issues for LCA, so that's would be possible only for an mark 3 version if at all.
lol ,mark3 !!!!!:hang2:

That's what I am talking about, it is way more worth it to have a dedicated 5th gen naval fighter, with good capabilities for the use on our carriers, instead of developing just another 5th gen fighter for IAF, with similiar features like FGFA, only smaller and with less performance (not as fast, not as maneuverable, less radar detection, less range and internal payload...).
but buddy why we shoul knowlingly invest money & built a less capcable fighter as compare to pak fa when we should actually
improve it on amca by learning from PAKFA & MMRCA .
India would at best have 3 carriers ,so why invest so much money to equuip 3 carriers only :blink:
while also we should consider india's blue water capabilty's limit i hope u could understand what i meant to say .

You should inform yourself a bit more about it, because the 3 forces are not that happy with it.
i know it man ,but i was stating an example for comparision purpose only

We have IN officials and pilots stating that N-LCA is just a modest platform, even the final MK2 version, that it was developed because In had to commint themselfs on indigenous developments, not to have a good carrier fighter. They even said that they are not impressed by the early prototypes, because the gears for example were overdeveloped and turned out to be too big and heavy...
well i dont know in much detail about Naval LCA & also i dont wanna debate on worthiness of N.LCA as already i got flanked by my fellow countrymen for criticising LCA so i wont debate on it .please excuse me on that :meeting:
That's exactly why I'm saying, we shouldn't go for AMCA development because of pride reasons, but should look at the requirements of our forces first! IAF will have a 5th gen fighter and an 5th gen UCAV, then the logical way would be, to develop a 5th gen fighter for IN primarily.
well the same reason i stated above ,nothing more to say on it

India should go for some joint developments with Israel and France for critical technologies like engine. No need for full JV.
well apart from engine india may not go for any joint development with any other for 5th gen i assume
becoz india had started development of x BAND AESA radar for lca
lcatejasXbandaesaradar.jpg

while they would buy french avionics as best ,
Weaponry ramjet astra would have developed & foreign weaponry would obviuosly be there
designing composites & airframe may be a not a difficult challenge i assume

hmmmmmm......
interesting
but didnt the french already state that their long term strategy revolved around rafales and upgraded mirages
didnt they?

This MMRCA deal has opened door for Indo-French Corporation in Indian 5th gen AMCA also. After 2020-25, the time a saturation will be reached with any further upgrade of 4th gen aircraft and the time of 5th generation aircrafts will start, France can join this Indian AMCA project for next gen aircraft :tup:

Back
Top Bottom