What's new

Shivalik Class Frigates Thread

Any plans for the Shtil being replaced with Barak NG/MR-SAM?Will the older Project 17 Shivaliks be upgraded with the MR-SAM or will only the newer Project 17A's come with MR-SAM?Currentlyin my opinion it lags behind when it comes it comes to anti-aircraft capabilities.

When the second frigate will join indian navy? is it delayed?

It was delayed coz the Russians thought that it would be funny to delay the suply of Klub S cruise missiles for the ship , which in turn delayed the weapons trial for this ship

It was delayed coz the Russians thought that it would be funny to delay the suply of Klub S cruise missiles for the ship , which in turn delayed the weapons trial for this ship

shivalik FFGs use brahmos isnt it?

i am proud of Indian navy.

Indian navy is mighty and prefers indigenous products.

this is why today India can build frigates, destroyers in large number because navy has faith in ships built by mazegaon dock.

Any plans for the Shtil being replaced with Barak NG/MR-SAM?
Not right now. Might be in future when it will come for retrofitting....

Will the older Project 17 Shivaliks be upgraded with the MR-SAM or will only the newer Project 17A's come with MR-SAM?
Project 17A will get MR-SAM not P17....

Currently in my opinion it lags behind when it comes it comes to anti-aircraft capabilities.
No it doesnot....Indian warship contains all the best weapons, radar and sensor packages. As far as Barak NG is concerned, its really a next gen product. Soon we will get Shaurya and Brahmos 2, combination of all these will make each and every warship the most deathly in the world....

the second batch of Shivalik frigates will use the ship launched version of the Nirbhay cruise missile and the Brahmos 2 as well as the new Barak-8

No it doesnot....Indian warship contains all the best weapons, radar and sensor packages. As far as Barak NG is concerned, its really a next gen product. Soon we will get Shaurya and Brahmos 2, combination of all these will make each and every warship the most deathly in the world....

I meant Surface-To-Air missile capabilities.The Shtil isn't that advanced considering what other navies have like the Aster Family,RIM-66M-5, RIM-156, and 3S-90/M-22 'Uragan'.If we do get Barak NG which is much more advanced than the Shtil then only can the anti-air capabilities of the Shivalik be comparable to other contemporary warships of it's tonnage.

I meant Surface-To-Air missile capabilities.The Shtil isn't that advanced considering what other navies have like the Aster Family,RIM-66M-5, RIM-156, and 3S-90/M-22 'Uragan'.If we do get Barak NG which is much more advanced than the Shtil then only can the anti-air capabilities of the Shivalik be comparable to other contemporary warships of it's tonnage.

brother the 3S-90 in the launcher for the Shtil SAM.
The M-22 Uragan which you talked about is the (SA-N-7) Gadfly SAM which is the Shtil SAM itself.
The Shivalik FFGs have the more advanced version of the Shtil-1 SAM and uses the new 9M317-ET missile with a 45-50Km range and a single shot hit probability of 88% and a dual shot of 95% chance.Its a quite advanced SAM indeed.

the second batch of Shivalik frigates will use the ship launched version of the Nirbhay cruise missile and the Brahmos 2 as well as the new Barak-8

P-15B might be the first ship to get Nirbhay and Brahmos-2. Think about a destroyer with high degree of stealth, hypersonic Brahmos-2, Nirbhay and new generation anti-missile and air defence system at IN service! :D

Back
Top Bottom