What's new

Ship-borne MiG-29KUB jet for Indian Navy crashes in Russia

Just pitching a superior product and highlighting the Russian failure in any and every thread
So what about a B-2 crash, American junk failure?

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

In my view IN might have thought that if they selected Su 33 then they could not deploy enough fighters to their smaller carriers.So they went for the smaller Mig 29Ks.Again this is only my thought and I can very well be wrong.
REGARDS....
Small correction, the problem is not size its weight.

Interesting................ also frm what i heard...... mig 29 has design flaws.
Well the MiG 29k is a different machine altogether.
Having similarities with the basic version of MiG-29 airframe layout, this family actually represent new aircraft. The new engine features 7% higher power in comparison to the baseline RD-33 model due to the use of modern materials on the cooled blades. The MiG-29K was drastically modified from the Mikoyan MiG-29M while retaining the same basic configuration. For carrier operations, the airframe, undercarriage, and arrestor hook were strengthened, folding wings and catapult attachments were added, and the landing gear widened.
Special coatings reduce the MiG-29K's radar signature 4-5 times over the basic MiG-29.

Question: Why didn't the IN choose the SU-33 instead? Isn't that a better option to the MIG-29K?

Su33 is huge, Don't know whether it can operate from INS Vikramaditya (40,000 Tonn class AC), Su33 is for supercarrier (carrier > 60,000 ton displacement)..

And who told you that Su33 has not crashed???

American Junk really? If American weapons were junk why would you buy any product from the USA? Stop fooling yourself kid. Sad day, Indians have become quite arrogant because economy is good......yet they show poor performance like 26/11 in which they lacked tech and poor training. Let me guess the same evaluation process that bought extra T 90 tanks after Arjun is to be used....then is should be wuite easy to bribe once AK Anthony leaves office lol..some process.

Dude tell me one thing, Can we (India) trust America???

Interesting................ also frm what i heard...... mig 29 has design flaws.

Son it is a standard process, When a plane goes down, immediately the entire fleet is grounded, The expert check whether it is tech glitch or human error, It human error, fleet oked to fly, else the technical problem is rectified... It is standard process followed in all field.

Have you heard that Maruti called back its 1000+ vehicle from road? or Honda has recalled 1000s of cars to rectify some problem???

If you really want to know bout MiG29 Watch this, Hope you like it... watch all 4 part

And this is comparison between F18 and Mig29. Dog fight btwn two machine

Last edited by a moderator:
why not , we are already buying big from them...

What we are buying is non-critical equipment, Our deal is restricted to transport and carriers (till now). Americans want us (Indian ) to sign on a deal called CSMOA (If I correctly remember). According to this deal, The military channel we use to communicate will be known to USA (or We will use the same communication channel, what American will ask us.)

Many part of C150 Hercules was stripped off coz\ India is not ready to sign this agreement (CSMOA). Along with that, Indian will not allowed to repair iny problem in American planes, Americans will be stationed (Few CIA agent) where there machine stationed.. (Remember Meharn Base where CIA agents were present to keep Eyes on Chinese Spies )

USA is not trustworthy yet... Friend is earned, not made.. USA has not done anything to earn friendship of India...

Son it is a standard process, When a plane goes down, immediately the entire fleet is grounded, The expert check whether it is tech glitch or human error, It human error, fleet oked to fly, else the technical problem is rectified... It is standard process followed in all field.

Have you heard that Maruti called back its 1000+ vehicle from road? or Honda has recalled 1000s of cars to rectify some problem???

Hey dude. This time he's actually right. The original MiG 29 design has a structural flaw which over the course of a decade caused cracks due to corrosion of the Tail section. The Indian fleet never faced this problem but after the Russians grounded their fleet the entire Indian fleet was grounded as well and preventive maintenance was done. Subsequent upgrades solved the problem.
Mig 29k is an entirely different machine. No such problems with it. But all Mig 29 series are known to be advanced but complicated machines and handling is to be done by extremely experienced crew. Hence records differ from country to country. When German pilots flew it they had the F 15's beat in the exercises. But during the gulf war,Iraqi Mig 29's couldnot stand up to F-18's. Main difference-Pilot skills.

What we are buying is non-critical equipment, Our deal is restricted to transport and carriers (till now). Americans want us (Indian ) to sign on a deal called CSMOA (If I correctly remember). According to this deal, The military channel we use to communicate will be known to USA (or We will use the same communication channel, what American will ask us.)

Many part of C150 Hercules was stripped off coz\ India is not ready to sign this agreement (CSMOA). Along with that, Indian will not allowed to repair iny problem in American planes, Americans will be stationed (Few CIA agent) where there machine stationed.. (Remember Meharn Base where CIA agents were present to keep Eyes on Chinese Spies )

USA is not trustworthy yet... Friend is earned, not made.. USA has not done anything to earn friendship of India...

all these are P-8I , C-17 , C-150 are defensive in nature but are all critical equipments in a event of war...

all these are P-8I , C-17 , C-150 are defensive in nature but are all critical equipments in a event of war...

Dude,actually the P 8I is very critical system to IN because it will do the job of anti submarine warfare.It is the only platfrom india bought from US sofar that will be equipped with weapons,others like C 130 and C 17 are both transport aircrafts.
Now suppose in future in a time of war USA stops the spare supply.We can still manage with our other transport aircrafts.But same thing can not be told about fighters.Grounding the whole fleet of fighters during war will seriously hamper IAF capability.US has done it in the past,who can assure they will never do it in future????

American Junk really? If American weapons were junk why would you buy any product from the USA? Stop fooling yourself kid. Sad day, Indians have become quite arrogant because economy is good......yet they show poor performance like 26/11 in which they lacked tech and poor training. Let me guess the same evaluation process that bought extra T 90 tanks after Arjun is to be used....then is should be wuite easy to bribe once AK Anthony leaves office lol..some process.

Kid Its not just about the junk part only...its about the need tht wether we need tht or not...i mean wat is the need to buy fighter jet wen u hve doubt tht wether u will be able to use tht in war scenario or not....and on the 26/11...... Part may i know why the mighty tecnologicaly so advance americans were not able to stop 11/9 from happening

Back
Top Bottom