What's new

Shiekh Rasheed Interview with Sami Ibrahim | May 3 2022

No such proof , Mr Imran Khan was there as tour was planned 2 years ago

Russia/Ukraine issue was not under consideration

CPEC is a perfect example here.
Bad relations with the US come and go. But I don’t know why some among us ignore real politik and are intent on making martyrs out of themselves and everyone else. Political expedience? I suppose and opiate of the masses. But when the source of these comes from the meddling and installations of the establishment itself, you have to wonder what retards were driving that strategic thought between 2012 and 2021.

Bad relations with the US come and go. But I don’t know why some among us ignore real politik and are intent on making martyrs out of themselves and everyone else. Political expedience, I suppose and opiate of the masses, but when the source of this comes from the installation of the establishment itself, you have to wonder what retards were driving that strategic thought between 2012 and 2021.

To be fair, nobody gets it right all the time. Just like just about every other country, Pakistan has defined its national interests in ways that were shown to be less than optimal. But then again, retrospectoscopes offer 20:20 vision, don't they?

Every major decision has pros and cons. What Pakistan did during that period offered many advantages too. It was the overall balance that tilted it that way versus not.

Pakistan isn't getting a needle from the US. Let alone weapons. The Americans want only one thing from Pakistan. Obedience and subservience. That too free of cost and without any nagging. You know why. When the Americans say that they will forgive Pakistan they really mean to say be thankful that we didn't turn you into Tora Bora.
When time comes they will do it anyway... regardless of obedience and subservience. Right now we are turning Pakistan into Tora Bora....and neutrals are providing full game play.

When time comes they will do it anyway... regardless of obedience and subservience. Right now we are turning Pakistan into Tora Bora....and neutrals are providing full game play.

When Bangladesh happened no one took responsibility. In Pakistan the elites cannot be held accountable. Unfortunately this crucial moment too will pass without accountability.

its realpolitik, the Russians want India to emulate the legendary Mizaru ape and see no evil in Ukraine. Pakistan's indifference on the other hand is only worth a paltry 30%. Pretty sure China is milking the Russian bear real hard as well... :lol:

we don't mind..
Nothing bad is happening in Ukraine,
Gandhi said see no evil, speak no evil and hear no evil

That would be great, were it not for the conscious absence of such a needed counter-narrative when this setup was being installed to replace the previous one, making the effort selective and therefore ineffective now.
The crutch was removed given the internal and external factors arising and those on the periphery of the last government filled the vacuum. One should ask, why was the crutch needed in the first place and also why it was accepted? I agree on the effectiveness of the current setup as being questionable. Polls are the only way out.

Exactly. Once Pakistan is forced into this course correction led by Bajwa, the next step would be psychological conditioning. That would entail instilling hopelessness, defeatist mentality.

Reducing Pakistan into a vassal state, throw a few bread crumbs when the scream gets a louder, and then the nukes.
Nothing of this sort. This is a dejected, dooms-day scenario painted every few years in Pakistan. Those who hated Musharraf said the same, then also with the following two governments and now the current set up. Ironically, PML/N and PPP were crying about the same sell-out when PTI government was in power.

If Pakistan did not give up its nukes in 1990s or its Kashmir cause when it was under the most severe sanctions, as per Pakistani standards, then why would the military do so now? We did not give in to the Western pressure from 2004 to 2021 in Afghanistan so why would anyone surrender now?

Let's not pitch these hell in a basket stories please. I understand that since IK is no longer at the helm, people are disappointed but nobody is indispensable. Not IK, not Bajwa, not anyone. The only thing indispensable is the country and the country, like always, will see itself through this "bohran" as well.

The crutch was removed given the internal and external factors arising and those on the periphery of the last government filled the vacuum. One should ask, why was the crutch needed in the first place and also why it was accepted? I agree on the effectiveness of the current setup as being questionable. Polls are the only way out.

You ask questions for which the honest answers may be difficult for the faithful audience, as it exists on this forum, to accept, so I will let those be, and limit myself to saying that I agree polls are the best way forward, with the added observation that they must be held in accordance with the applicable provisions of the law and follow due process, and not blackmail by street power.

Only one country on planet can even dream of taking on a nuclear power

Americans have fuelled wars in Pakistan . Sheltered terrorists in Afghanistan . Launched hybrid war on our soil. Stroked baluch militants turned blind eye to indian counselates in Afghanistan

Thousands of pakistanis have died due to this .

Americans have blocked every arms deal that they could even the one with turkey .

American money comes with so much strings attached that most of time it won't come .

And our generals are still not decided who the real enemy is

The real enemy is mental slaves of gora mentality syndrome that seems to be prevalent in elite class including military higher ups

Well it's an open secret much of what he said give or take.
I'm finding it hard to look for what exactly was gained by this major political kerfuffle, so far nothing, and knowing history it will continue to be nothing.
The gulf continues to widen between the people and establishment which is usually an ominous warning of a major upheaval which will change the country for ever.

The gulf continues to widen between the people and establishment which is usually an ominous warning of a major upheaval which will change the country for ever.

First of all, no major upheaval is likely for the foreseeable future, and second of all, if it ever happens, it will be due to overpopulation and resource scarcity, and not due to any gulf between the people and the rulers.

Today's interview of Sheikh Rashid with Sami Ibrahim....

Watch from 32:14

"The only problem is that institution wants to stay with US and they say that IMF will give us money whereas you want to go with Russia and take gas/oil @ 30% less and you want to go with China & CPEC. This is the only problem"

Things have started to come out in the open confirming that our institution wants to stay as the lapdog of US and don't want to have an independent dignified position on the world stage. The real question is why?

1. Dollar Khori - Institution has been addicted to dollars after war on terror and the huge influx of non-audited dollars received from US. As it has been stopped so they are behaving like an addict without his fix.

2. Personal Interests - Personal interests of top generals and core commanders. Their children studying here, living there, doing businesses there, and the general themselves want to have a lavish retired life in the west.

3. Resistance to Change - Since last 70 years Pakistan has been aligned with US and the institution don't want to change the direction towards Russia & China. Don't know what kind of ally we were though considering Pak was one of the most heavily US sanctioned and droned country. US back stabbed Pakistan and left it high n dry everytime their interest was over.

This is what I was thinking.

First of all, no major upheaval is likely for the foreseeable future, and second of all, if it ever happens, it will be due to overpopulation and resource scarcity, and not due to any gulf between the people and the rulers.

Nope not at all things are very different this time around.

Nope not at all things are very different this time around.

I would disagree with that, but I am perfectly willing to wait and see how and if things work out any differently this time around.

Back
Top Bottom