What's new

Shekhar Kapur to make film on Armenian genocide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but this post indicates how little you know of the director. He has had Seven nominations for the Oscar for his film Elizabeth, the sequel he made to this fil ' The Golden Age ' too was nominated for two Oscars.

Once again, being a commercial venture he is at liberty to make movies on any subject he deems fit.

If for instance a director feels that a film on the Sex life of Mother Teresa would sell - he'll make it. Only, it obviously won't as the Lady ( Saint really) was too far above such things. This was just an example.

Sorry but didn't know about him. I wonder why they don't get lime light. All I can see Bollywood packing Tamil innovations.

idiots idiots idiots...the movie is done by bollywood...without any financing or support from the Govt of India. What happens in bollywood does not reflect on the official stance of India....years before bollywood did a movie on Kamasutra..does that mean Indian Govt is the promoter of sex positions worldwide ?

Actually a movie must have been made on Balochistan or East Pakistan.

Now how can someone not agree on the obvious.

If somehting is a fact then why feel ashamed of it . Until and unless its a propaganda.

Pakistanis are getting so defensive in every other thing. Why so Insecure ? :D

Now suppose we make a film on Bengali genocide then that wont be a propaganda coz PAKISTANIS THEMSELVES APPROVE OF IT. Fir kyon rona ? Ya fir aisa kaho ki Crying and Cribbing is some country's National Job. :D

The Bharti director is shameless. He should consider making films about Kashmiri mass graves/Sikh Massacre/Gujrat Riots before trying to stir trouble in someone else's home.

Apne Pakistani Film producers ko Bol do ki ak Picture tum logon ke hisaab se ban do....

salut wickerman, I am not sure if your being sarcastic or serious in your statement that there is lots of muslims that deny the armenian genocide, what does being of muslim faith have to do with denying such a tragic event that was inflicted on Armeniannè. Also an armenian could be of muslim faith so I do not think your religious arguement stands in this circumstance. However it does reflect some of your personal prejudices and islamophobic baises that you harbor against muslims. So i ask that you retract or delete your offensive post on muslims and focus on topic.

merci

No I wasnt being sarcastic or Islamaphobic. Dont throw around labels. Its how it is. People from Pakistan support Turkey because both are Muslim countries. Show me one muslim country that has recognized the Armenian genocide. And yes, this shouldnt be based on religion, religion has nothing to do with it.

The Bharti director is shameless. He should consider making films about Kashmiri mass graves/Sikh Massacre/Gujrat Riots before trying to stir trouble in someone else's home.

I think movies have been made about the Gujarat riots, the Partition etc., As for the Kashmiri mass graves - their existence itself is debated. Secondly, if we are to show those atrocities, then we need to show how we suffer state sponsored insurgency from Pakistan. Am not sure if that well sell in Pakistan though. But I do recommend making such a movie, showing the real situation in Kashmir about how terrorists sponsored by Pakistan brutalize and terrorize the population there, about how the separatist movements make up a very small minority, about how the people of Kashmir elect the National Conference and about how this is used in Pakistan to distort the truth. Infact it will make a great movie. It should also deal with the entire history of Kashmir. It should be made from the perspectives of an Indian and a Pakistani...maybe journalists (in the movie).

Licking western ***? I thought Turkey is an ally of the west and a NATO member.

I think America raped Pakistan they don't remember it......

i think it is not hard to find one indian out of couple- who doesnt stoop tht much low- that really shows the level of the indians here- and their upbringing- how many of you are there anyway- surely you are in majority-

Hmm...

Didn't knew "Bollywood" is an State Run Industry which falls Under the direct command of "Government of India" (?)

or

Op and other pakistanis on PDF are suffering from "Indophobic comprehension Bankruptcy" :what:

yaar these are F*king People of country where since inception Army Power is supreme , most of them born in dictatorship law ,

they don't know what is democracy, every thing in pak is handled by army and ISI , they think same happens in India ,

they don't know that everyone has it's own choice , And We should make Film on 90000 rapes by Pakistani army in Bangla.

i think it is not hard to find one indian out of couple- who doesnt stoop tht much low- that really shows the level of the indians here- and their upbringing- how many of you are there anyway- surely you are in majority-

ohhhhhhh ! title of thread show your level , we should treat you lower than this.

This is not acceptable sir.I request you to delete this post please.

read the title of thread.... and where are biased Islamic mods ?

No I wasnt being sarcastic or Islamaphobic. Dont throw around labels. Its how it is. People from Pakistan support Turkey because both are Muslim countries. Show me one muslim country that has recognized the Armenian genocide. And yes, this shouldnt be based on religion, religion has nothing to do with it.

I am quarter pakistani so i think i can comment on behalf of pakistanis here (eligible for citizenship) but my point being that most pakistanis do not support Turkey's stance and I know alot of people of pakistani descent/citizens ithat do not deny armenian genocide and are rather critical of it. Now imagine a country of 180 million+ population with diverse views, it is hard to say that pakistanis support Turkey on this issue just because some turks happen to be muslims. I think your making a broad generalization and also keep in mind that turkey is a secular republic.

India is against all Muslims. No surprise here.

Against genocide and the massacre of civilians. Anywhere, including in India. No surprise here.

Since you have time enough to comment, look up Izmir. I admire Ataturk, but not what the Turks did in their wars.

We support our Turkish brothers, while you hate.

Problem?

No, none.

Not until the point when you declare that others are not your brothers and sisters. At that point, it is a problem.

Not until the point when somebody at large declares that we hate Turks, because an Indian film-maker wants to make a film on a massacre by the Turks. At that point, it is a problem.

I am quarter pakistani so i think i can comment on behalf of pakistanis here (eligible for citizenship) but my point being that most pakistanis do not support Turkey's stance and I know alot of people of pakistani descent/citizens ithat do not deny armenian genocide and are rather critical of it. Now imagine a country of 180 million+ population with diverse views, it is hard to say that pakistanis support Turkey on this issue just because some turks happen to be muslims. I think your making a broad generalization and also keep in mind that turkey is a secular republic.

Yes it is a broad generalization indeed. But I was responding to broad generalizations. For instance:

We support our Turkish brothers, while you hate.

Problem?

Indians more Armenian than Armenians. :rofl:

That was funny? That was a sad reaction.

John Donne. Meditation 17. [No man is an island... For whom the bell tolls, etc.]

I cannot believe what i am witnessing on this forum, excusè moi for being politically correct, but are some of you folks honestly denying the ARMENIAN GENOCIDE. It does not matter what your religion,culture,caste etc.. may be but how can you deny such a tragic event. By the way, for the turkish monsieur/madam on this forum, I am not maliciously condemning your country or government and neither is our present government but I think Turkey will eventually have to reconcilè with Armenia

Finally on topic, I commend the indienne filmè industry on raising awareness of the Armenian Genocide as it does not get any coverage close to what the holocaust has had in the media. However the Indienne film industry has to be careful in the sense that it has to find the right balance in it's approach and not paint the entire turkish societè as murderers. On the contrary Turkey should not take this film as negatively but rather constructive criticism on their conduct in past and should make officalle apologie to the Amerinienne government.

sorry once again for my bad anglais, hopefully my point does get across.
bonnè chance with the film indienne

Thank you for your balanced and sensible comment.

I use to think that Turkey( only Asian NATO member ) and West were in same side. If we want lick west *** then why would we make film against West ally. Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom