What's new

Shekhar Kapur to make film on Armenian genocide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree wholly. This is nothing to do with Muslims per se, and there is no reason either for Indian posters to be offensive and malicious. On the other hand, personally, some of the outrageous statements being made by some Pakistani posters deserve a response, and the alternative to offence and malice is irony. You will understand if that is much in use against some obnoxious Pakistani posts. I feel that obnoxious Indian posts will show up as obnoxious by themselves, but acknowledge that they need to be criticised.

Your statement is bang on in regards to this thread but if i may add, what really saddens me Joe is that before joining this forum , I had this idealist classic liberal Candienne view of the world(canadienne exceptionalism) and believed that Canadienne policies promoting multiculturalism, human right, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and other secular values could be applicable to any nation no matter what the ethnic, religious, caste background etc.. may be as we are all humans, however in this forum, the importance of identity over humanity shocked me to say the least. On the contrary, looking through posts from different countries, its definately clear that these idealist candienne values are definitely not universal but the biggest shock as classic liberal was the pessimism and paranoia some neorealist express in their posts here.

which is not to say that they do not have a valid point as they have been right before on some occasions. while we classic liberals failed to comprehend the reality then, so I am not dissing all you NEO REALISTS on this forum.

merci

Your statement is bang on in regards to this thread but if i may add, what really saddens me Joe is that before joining this forum , I had this idealist classic liberal Candienne view of the world(canadienne exceptionalism) and believed that Canadienne policies promoting multiculturalism, human right, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and other secular values could be applicable to any nation no matter what the ethnic, religious, caste background etc.. may be as we are all humans, however in this forum, the importance of identity over humanity shocked me to say the least. On the contrary, looking through posts from different countries, its definately clear that these idealist candienne values are definitely not universal but the biggest shock as classic liberal was the pessimism and paranoia some neorealist express in their post, which is not to say that they do not have a valid point as they were right about predicting WW2, while we classic liberals failed to comprehend the reality then, so I am not dissing all you NEO REALISTS on this forum.

merci

You MUST make the acquaintance of Yasser Latif Hamdani, the most outstanding young Pakistani of his generation. He has given us a wealth of knowledge about consociationalism, and the brilliant way in which Canada has implemented it. More on this later, as soon as I attend to some unexpected domestic chores.

I think America raped Pakistan they don't remember it......

why ur *** is burning ?? U want replace ur tongue in place of the Indian??:lol:

These posts are uncalled for. Indians who believe that Pakistanis make objectionable posts do not gain much credibility if they make similarly objectionable posts. If we dislike someone else's upbringing and public manners, it does not seem reasonable to show our dislike by behaving in an identical fashion.

Your statement is bang on in regards to this thread but if i may add, what really saddens me Joe is that before joining this forum , I had this idealist classic liberal Candienne view of the world(canadienne exceptionalism) and believed that Canadienne policies promoting multiculturalism, human right, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and other secular values could be applicable to any nation no matter what the ethnic, religious, caste background etc.. may be as we are all humans, however in this forum, the importance of identity over humanity shocked me to say the least. On the contrary, looking through posts from different countries, its definately clear that these idealist candienne values are definitely not universal but the biggest shock as classic liberal was the pessimism and paranoia some neorealist express in their posts here.

which is not to say that they do not have a valid point as they have been right before on some occasions. while we classic liberals failed to comprehend the reality then, so I am not dissing all you NEO REALISTS on this forum.

merci

Speaking for myself, personally, I must beg you not to be disillusioned so early, but to weather these early storms, until you learn to distinguish the genuinely worthwhile opinions on the forum. You will find then that your inputs will receive huge appreciation, including from those who are already here who happen to be Canadian, and incidentally, on an unimportant note, Muslim.

Canada has achieved a very happy state of social adjustment, and we have huge amounts to learn from their experience, in India far more than in Pakistan. That is not to say that the state of affairs is more bleak than in Pakistan, rather, it is point out that a more complex situation demands more elevated methods of response. The best, in fact, available from scanning practices current through the world.

Please suspend judgment until you have crossed 500 posts, at least (1,000 would be even better) and allow us a chance to present our better side. There is such a side.

he would waste his money. if he wants to earn big bucks which im sure every film producer want, he should go for chikabry/jism2 etc etc type of movies for Indian audiance

btw jism 2 was a big flop.....

and dis chikabry...... have not heard the name even

seems u njoy a watchin a lot f fail stuff

Joe, however my conclusion in regards to this thread is that in contrast to what most canadienne think, Canadienne exceptionalism can't be applied universally but rather each society has to find its own identity and set of values that they all share. I am assessing this based on statements several southasian posters on both sides in this thread that resorted to point scoring in contrast to discussing the important issue at hand regarding the significance of armenian genocide and what the implication the film will have on the global audience keeping in mind that even candienne theatres run most indiene movies.
Also joe as far as the general trend of point scoring goes, I think from a western perspective, there is an underlying identity crisis in posters from both sides in my humble opinion and I can only point to this thread as a direction example to earlier assessment.

Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot. Considering your posts and sensible nature, they mean even more

I have to acknowledge publicly, to assuage my own conscience, that your post was at the right moral level, and caused me more than a little deep embarrassment. Please continue. It is highly appreciated, at least by one of your audience.

Joe, however my conclusion is that in contrast to what most canadienne think, Canadienne exceptionalism can't be applied universally but rather each society has to find its own identity and set of values that they all share. I am assessing this based on statements several southasian posters on both sides in this thread that resorted to point scoring in contrast to discussing the important issue at hand regarding the significance of armenian genocide and what the implication the film will have on the global audience keeping in mind that even candienne theatres run most indiene movies.
Also joe as far as the general trend of point scoring goes, I think from a western perspective, there is an underlying identity crisis in posters from both sides in my humble opinion and I can only point to this thread as a direction example to earlier assessment.

A brief word before hurrying away to a prior engagement: of course Canadian consociationalism cannot be applied universally, because the precise circumstances are to be found nowhere else! Most certainly, some localisation is demanded, but the important point is that thinking people should know that a model exists, which we can build on for our own use, in suitably modified form. Just as you have suggested.

Regarding the matter of identity, you have put your finger on the single most painful subject, as indeed the single most painful problem of our region. That subject deserves extended discussion, but I do not have the time now. Do forgive me for rushing away from a most interesting discussion, but perhaps we can pick up the threads later.

btw jism 2 was a big flop.....

and dis chikabry...... have not heard the name even

seems u njoy a watchin a lot f fail stuff

I dont watch even your hit trash

the movie made with 6 crore done business of 36 crore in opening week

Speaking for myself, personally, I must beg you not to be disillusioned so early, but to weather these early storms, until you learn to distinguish the genuinely worthwhile opinions on the forum. You will find then that your inputs will receive huge appreciation, including from those who are already here who happen to be Canadian, and incidentally, on an unimportant note, Muslim.

Canada has achieved a very happy state of social adjustment, and we have huge amounts to learn from their experience, in India far more than in Pakistan. That is not to say that the state of affairs is more bleak than in Pakistan, rather, it is point out that a more complex situation demands more elevated methods of response. The best, in fact, available from scanning practices current through the world.

Please suspend judgment until you have crossed 500 posts, at least (1,000 would be even better) and allow us a chance to present our better side. There is such a side.

Joe, for a long period of time I have browsed this thread, while I may not completely understand the complexity of the issues that southasian posters discuss in regards to historic significance that continue, I do however see a common theme of paranoia from each side that prevents culture exchange to take place online, my examples would be the Iranian-saudi dilemma, pakistani-indian point scoring threads and i cannot understand the bangladeshis on this forum as I do not understand some of their terms yet, but based on general observation they do resent indians to certain degree. However my point is that the importance of identity over humanity is reoccurring general trend that i have observed so far.

Marvellous. you do not watch even our hit trash but track its intimate details.

Since you are so wise at so young an age, you perhaps would know how to look up Katherine Mayo, "Mother India", and also Gandhi's comment about the book. It is quite apt.

Turkey should make a film on Kashmiri Genocide!

I cannot believe that it will come to this kind of tit-for-tat behaviour. I cannot believe that humanity should depart so rapidly as to lead to this reaction.

Joe, for a long period of time I have browsed this thread, while I may not completely understand the complexity of the issues that southasian posters discuss in regards to historic significance that continue, I do however see a common theme of paranoia from each side that prevents culture exchange to take place online, my examples would be the Iranian-saudi dilemma, pakistani-indian point scoring threads and i cannot understand the bangladeshis on this forum as I do not understand some of their terms yet, but based on general observation they do resent indians to certain degree. However my point is that the importance of identity over humanity is reoccurring general trend that i have observed so far.

I really must run, but before that, I wish to share with you that this is indeed the central theme of our discussions on south Asian matters. The question of identity is a very painful one, and has caused more deaths than many wars have done. But more later - please.

Marvellous. you do not watch even our hit trash but track its intimate details.

Since you are so wise at so young an age, you perhaps would know how to look up Katherine Mayo, "Mother India", and also Gandhi's comment about the book. It is quite apt.

I cannot believe that it will come to this kind of tit-for-tat behaviour. I cannot believe that humanity should depart so rapidly as to lead to this reaction.

Sir am i not supposed to keep my eyes open.

anyway suggest any art movie from India i would be happy to watch

who cares weder u watch or not.

but den y r u so interested in collecting box office details

song dedicated to all indians by pakistanis- "i hate u like i love u" we ppl love it wen u all take so much pain to do research on india .... carry on soon u will start loving india

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom