What's new

Sheikh Mujib on independence

Was mujib a traitor?

• Total voters
If any son of Mujib really did bad thing ( although there is no concrete evidence of it) , then that does not make Mujib Himself a traitor . Mujib was unaware of many bad acts of his own people . However still nothing justifies the murder of Mujib and his family . Sheikh Russel was only 10 years old that time .

If you really support this coup , still they only could through Mujib out from power .They murdered the whole family instead. Only evils can murder a baby , only evils can justify killing an innocent baby .
Agree

the dogs like tajuddin and others that signed treacherous deals with India during the war.
Perhaps that's the reason no one from his family was in high position in AL except Sohel Taj was a state minister?However why exactly he resigned ? Wanted to become a hero or serving India like his father too?
You saw that the daughter of Tajuddin wanted to steal the glory of Bangabandhu and gave it to her father in her book!Probably we know who want to defame banga bandhu .

Sheikh Hasina has ruined her father's, Mujibur Rehman's, legacy.

She has and will continue to alter how we feel about him, because she is using his goodwill and name to contest elections and exploits the "sheikh" in her name as if it were a devine mandate.

Sheikh Hasina has ruined her father's, Mujibur Rehman's, legacy.

She has and will continue to alter how we feel about him, because she is using his goodwill and name to contest elections and exploits the "sheikh" in her name as if it were a devine mandate.
But you see the hunger of fame is actually making Hasina thinking of people of Bangladesh . Hunger of fame and considering herself as savior of Bangladesh has some benefits. Unlike the other woman she has no hunger for money . That's the reason when she is secured in power by deep state , he made AL sidelined . What wrong is in it ? I want a Bangladesh that will be under a benevolent autocratic ruler ( like Hasina ) surrounded by educated bureaucrats with military back up from behind . Country like Bangladesh will run in this system the best .

People often say the guy was a traitor along with Bhutto but by independence, he didn’t mean a separate country, listen to what he has to say and for, your judgement
Well he was a traitor and Bhutto forced him to become one. Why not give him the pm ship when he won the majority. And why did he betray his country even if his opposition is bad.
He didn't ask for more rights or autonomy. He only aks for seperation and get the help of Indian.
Good for you.
Now after 50 years we support you. Don't have any hate. Great love for you people. Stay great.

And why did he betray his country even if his opposition is bad.
He did not betray his country . But the western part of the country actually betrayed eastern part , at least ruling class betrayed . Ruling class was from western part and they betrayed the majority east Pakistan. Not only betrayed , but the ruling class deployed army at the middle of the night to kill their own people and later faced the consequence.

Actually west Pakistani ruling class was the real traitor to democracy ( although now common Pakistani folks cry for democracy in Bangladesh, what a joke!) and right of majority of people of Pakistan . And that's the reason majority got freedom from traitor ruling class , that's all .

Now after 50 years we support you. Don't have any hate. Great love for you people. Stay great.
We also do not hate you . There is no issue between common people, so love for your people too . All were political game that we saw (and still seeing) and that played by ruling class.

But you see the hunger of fame is actually making Hasina thinking of people of Bangladesh . Hunger of fame and considering herself as savior of Bangladesh has some benefits. Unlike the other woman she has no hunger for money . That's the reason when she is secured in power by deep state , he made AL sidelined . What wrong is in it ? I want a Bangladesh that will be under a benevolent autocratic ruler ( like Hasina ) surrounded by educated bureaucrats with military back up from behind . Country like Bangladesh will run in this system the best .

You're speaking to soon pal, the truth will come to fore in the coming decade.

For now we don't know how much wealth she has amassed through corruption, but if her compatriots in BAL are anything go by then......

There is no fancy spancy deep state in Bangladesh, it's called spineless self serving leadership that will do anything to stay in power and foreign infiltration of our government establishment.

You call it deep state due to the near arbitrary, illogical, hasty and fickle nature of our policy makers but this is nothing but the outcome of poor leadership and foreign meddling into our internal affairs.

Which baby ? None of Mujib's children were toddlers/babies when they were assassinated.
There was one baby in the womb of Kamal's wife, a unborn baby. Russel was crying but he was shot. The criminals should not have done many of these things. Sk. Moni's wife was bearing Taposh. If it is true I wonder how she was saved. Am I mistaken?

The military criminals did the killings because they did not want the country become a dependent of India. Reason is alright but it was too many killing of innocent people. It is unacceptable.

You're speaking to soon pal, the truth will come to fore in the coming decade.
Yes buddy we should wait and observe few decades , I agree.
There is no fancy spanchy deep state in Bangladesh, it's called spineless self serving leadership that will do anything to stay in power and foreign infiltration of our government establishment.
Since there is no evidence of either deep state or foreign infiltration , so let's agree to disagree here. Time will tell what power is backing Hasina.

The military criminals did the killings because they did not want the country become a dependent of India.
@Old School seems to have good knowledge about these stuffs . He thinks the opposite . And in Bangladesh many people think the opposite too, and the number is increasing . India Mujib connection is only to defame him I believe . But leave it, because I do not feel that you will be convinced .

There was one baby in the womb of Kamal's wife, a unborn baby. Russel was crying but he was shot. The criminals should not have done many of these things. Sk. Moni's wife was bearing Taposh. If it is true I wonder how she was saved. Am I mistaken?

The military criminals did the killings because they did not want the country become a dependent of India. Reason is alright but it was too many killing of innocent people. It is unacceptable.

Why is Taposh still here then ?

What happened to Mujib and his family is truly an atrocity but let's not forget what preceded these actions by the perpetrators.

Mujib put his foot down and the population wasn't ready at that time for such an iron fist type of governance.

You first explain things to people with love, care and reasoning but he made a mistake and went for the guns first.

Whatever, I'm not judging, perhaps to him at that point a heavy hand was necessary to keep law and order in a as of then nascent Bangladesh.

He did not betray his country . But the western part of the country actually betrayed eastern part , at least ruling class betrayed . Ruling class was from western part and they betrayed the majority east Pakistan. Not only betrayed , but the ruling class deployed army at the middle of the night to kill their own people and later faced the consequence.

Actually west Pakistani ruling class was the real traitor to democracy ( although now common Pakistani folks cry for democracy in Bangladesh, what a joke!) and right of majority of people of Pakistan . And that's the reason majority got freedom from traitor ruling class , that's all .

We also do not hate you . There is no issue between common people, so love for your people too . All were political game that we saw (and still seeing) and that played by ruling class.
Come on. I have seen bangladeshi youth filled with this unseen pakistani hate.it pains me because we in Pakistan are not taught to hate.
Look you create visited pakistan 3 years after seperation that clearly shows that he though a traitor to Pakistan but after getting his goal, he didn't wnat his nation to hate pakistan.
It should not be like that, if west Pakistanis are not giving you your rights then you must fight, fight hard not seperate . Bangaldesh should have a seperate pm at the start. 1 president and 2 pm.
But anyway what's done is done.
And we don't criticise bangladeshi government or democracy. We only aak hassina to not kill old men who love Pakistan or oppose the creation of banhaldesh or stayed loyal to Pakistan. They can do nothing.
And besides don't even compare to pakistan. The challenges we face you cannot even imagine. We are federation and surrounded by 2 of mortal enemies.

Whatever, I'm not judging, perhaps to him at that point a heavy hand was necessary to keep law and order in a as of then nascent Bangladesh.
Our people are unruly. After such a war it was needed that he talked and acted strong. Note also that many of his cronies became also Power Kings due to his absence in 1971. Thus, he was not actually holding an absolute power. Think of Tajuddin, Sk. Moni and many others.

But, the real problem was Mujib was a street agitator and not an administrator. He lost his vision as then west Pakistan was not to be contested. He became a dictator although Moni was very powerful then.

We should never allow his family, party off the hook

Not just for their treachery but even during recent years as they tried to side with Modi and hindutva India whether it be in SAARC or other platforms

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom