What's new

Shed insecurities: India to Pakistan

Its india who is insecure not Pakistan. So, its india who need to shed its insecurities.

The last time India and Pakistan duked it out in Afghanistan, the only place where India did not need permission was a tiny sliver of NA controlled territory in the north of Afghanistan.

And that sliver has expanded quite a bit now..Hasnt it?

On a lighter note, reminds me of the disclaimer

" Past performance should not be taken as a measure of future returns"

:cheesy:

so u r comparing the randomness of stock market with geo-political history and that too of afghanistan. :)

so u r comparing the randomness of stock market with geo-political history and that too of afghanistan. :)

Nahin Sir.. The thought just came to mind while I was thinking of a response to your post. It seemed so apt and hence shared. World though has become much more random now as against what it was 20 years back..

The last time India and Pakistan duked it out in Afghanistan, the only place where India did not need permission was a tiny sliver of NA controlled territory in the north of Afghanistan.

then u also know that who is duking whom in Afghan know(according to Pakistani's themselves):pop:

And that sliver has expanded quite a bit now..Hasnt it?

then u also know that who is duking whom in Afghan know(according to Pakistani's themselves):pop:

Not because of India it hasn't :D

And at this point one could argue that both are rather equally balanced. But in any case. my point is made that on its own India really cannot exert influence over a large part of Afghanistan, no matter the braggadocio of 'India will do whatever it wants'.

we never or need Pakistan's permission in the first place, India will do what it wants.

Pakistan should forget India and focus on its main ally the USA that has increasingly made negative statements in the most strategic areas of all. General Kayani went to US with a request for Nuclear deal. Nothing came out of it. But in turn USA now raises objection to China selling Nucelar reactors to Pak. This I think is the biggest cause of insecurity for Pakistan. If Pakistan always looks for parity with its brother India, it will be vulnerable to exploitation on all fronts.

:cheers:

There may be Indians who hope Pakistan becomes a failed state. I for the record am not one of them. However 1 question. Apart from the nuclear status, Is Pakistan in a better state today (economically and standing in the world order) than it was in 1989 when it started the active support of terrorist activities in Kashmir?

Yes it's much better off now, thought some things are eerily similar such as war in Afghanistan, periods of foreign sponsored terrorism on Pakistani soil and Pakistan being the frontline state for USA.

Economically we can now look forward to self sufficient high growth, our military capabilities and intelligence are exponentially higher, we are questioning many of the laws laid by zia and moving towards a better society. We have been able to keep sufficient power for regional and global issues which we did not have before.

Though many Indians compare different periods of Pakistan to compare it's progress, they are unaware of ground realities and the differences that have occurred.

However one thing I will admit is that our image has been negatively affected because of WOT but this is a period and it will pass.

With all due respect to your country, but your politicians start acting like a clown as soon as any thing goes down in india, and the first and the only target for them is Pakistan. So can you guys shed the insecurities?

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Interesting mindset. Why does Pakistan think India and Afghanistan need its permission to have diplomatic/military ties? I see a misplaced sense of entitlement here....

once NATO/US leaves then we will se who needs permissio and hwo not

Yes it's much better off now, thought some things are eerily similar such as war in Afghanistan, periods of foreign sponsored terrorism on Pakistani soil and Pakistan being the frontline state for USA.

Economically we can now look forward to self sufficient high growth, our military capabilities and intelligence are exponentially higher, we are questioning many of the laws laid by zia and moving towards a better society. We have been able to keep sufficient power for regional and global issues which we did nit before.

Though many Indians compare different periods of Pakistan to compare it's progress, they are unaware of ground realities and the differences that have occurred.

However one thing I will admit is that our image has been negatively affected because of WOT but this is a period and it will pass.

this is what really the indians don,t like.they want us to be like nepal bhutan.lol dreamers

Not because of India it hasn't :D

And at this point one could argue that both are rather equally balanced. But in any case. my point is made that on its own India really cannot exert influence over a large part of Afghanistan, no matter the braggadocio of 'India will do whatever it wants'.

so with all respect currently who is playing the role of American ally,all those WoT,but still its us whose foot is in Afghan,u need a little more power lol;)

Back
Top Bottom