What's new

Shed insecurities: India to Pakistan

Not because of India it hasn't :D

And at this point one could argue that both are rather equally balanced. But in any case. my point is made that on its own India really cannot exert influence over a large part of Afghanistan, no matter the braggadocio of 'India will do whatever it wants'.

I personally dont think India would want to have such an influence. It does not have the capability to maintain military power projectction in Pakistan's neighbourhood for an extended period of time. What India wants is to deny complete control to Pakistan like prior to 2001 and in my view, India is getting what it wants.

will get back to you ... will read about the Indian dossier to Pakistan and get back... Not sure whether I could get any copy of that dossier, still let me see...

anyways so far from the discussion in this forum with Pakistani members I infer the following.

1. Pakistani territory is being used for terrorism against Pakistan as well as other countries.
2. GoP is not able to excercise full control over whole of Pakistan.
3. The point 2 is applicable for other countries also, but only thing is the combination of point 1 && 2 makes it worse for Pakistan.
4. At present Pakistani's are not accepting that the GoP is involved in terrorism against other countries.
5. Kashmir insurgents are called as freedom fighters which finds support among majority of Pakistanis.
6. These terrorists as well as so called freedom fighters are differentiated based on whom they kill (which I find ridiculous), and nobody seems to be sure about the command and control structure of terrorists doing terrorist activities in Kashmir and other parts of India. Only point made is that when an insurgent kills an Army Jawan he is a freedom fighter and the same guy if he kills any one else he is a terrorist, without knowing the command and control things are differentiated (This is my opinion)...
7. GoP accuses GoI because GoI accuses GoP. --> what a strange thing to do...

and let me know one thing, once I get back, can I open a new thread about these points as well as whether GoP is involved or not ? I would expect you to get involved in that discussion.

Here you go...

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Militants nurtured for short-term objectives: Zardari

Do you still need proof that GoP is not involved ?
So now where is the proof for GoI getting involved in terrorism in Pakistan ?
or atleast show some NON STATE ACTORS of India behind the TTP as some of you guys claim.

Here you go...

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Militants nurtured for short-term objectives: Zardari

Do you still need proof that GoP is not involved ?
So now where is the proof for GoI getting involved in terrorism in Pakistan ?
or atleast show some NON STATE ACTORS of India behind the TTP as some of you guys claim.

Ok, so I believe he's talking about things that happened decades back. How does that prove anything about what is happening now?

As far as proof for India supporting terrorism in Pakistan is concerned, well here's thing in simple terms to avoid getting caught up in a huge debate. You guys believe that the Pakistani state is supporting terrorism backed up by no solid proof. Let's assume that there is no proof of Indian involvement based on what you said. We are doing the same regarding India that Indians do regarding Pakistan. So please don't give us the moral high ground and factual high ground arguments. Well I do know that there is plenty of proof of Indian involvement in terrorism, but I will not get into it as that will make the topic take some diversion.

Last edited:
Shed insecurities: India to Pakistan

NEW DELHI: India on Monday said “trust deficit” with Pakistan can be bridged only if it “shed its insecurity” on asymmetries in sizes and capabilities between the two nations.

Foreign secretary Nirupama Rao, who asked Pakistan to get real, said Islamabad should not entertain the feeling that the strategic leverage gained by India after the Indo-US nuclear deal would be targeted against the neighbour.

“We sincerely desire peace with Pakistan. We have to learn to live with the asymmetries in our sizes and capabilities. Such differences of scale should not deter us from working with each other. Pakistan should shed its insecurity on these counts,” she said.

Ms Rao also reminded Pakistan that despite misguided and serious provocations, India has exhibited true restraint. The foreign secretary said it was in Pakistan’s own interest to prevent the entry of radical ideology into the domain of religion, and, the consequent implications for peace and security between India and Pakistan.

“Radical, terrorist forces are increasingly battling for larger space in a deadly struggle that seeks to overwhelm moderate, democratic forces in Pakistani civil society. The writing on the wall must be seen,” she said.

The foreign secretary said terrorism as a continuation of war by other means and the use of terrorist groups selectively as strategic assets against India cannot and must not continue.

“As an intrinsic part of the long-term vision of relations it desires with India, Pakistan must act effectively against those terrorist groups that seek to nullify and to destroy the prospects of peace and cooperation between our two countries,”

Ms Rao said in her address at the Afghanistan-India-Pakistan ‘Trialogue’ organised by Delhi Policy Group.
Pointing out that the last 60 years have had more than their share of bitterness, recrimination, and miscommunication, she said the two countries should tackle the challenges.

Shed insecurities: India to Pakistan-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

Is this a joke? because last time we checked its India who has insecurities with Pakistan and not the other way round. Bulk of the Indian armed forces are present on the Indo Pak border and with doctrines like cold start, Ms Rao coming out with a suggestion like this truly represents the saying "Bagal main churi maon main raam raam"

She's one hell of a strong lady. With the typical courage of an Indian woman.

Every Indian remembers the calm and collected manner in which she addressed the media from ground zero minutes after the cowardly bomb blast in Afghanistan.

I salute her and agree with what she has said 100%. Every Indian does.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom