What's new

Shaukat Aziz advisor to Lakshmi Mittal

Working in a bank in Hong Kong, Singapore, London or New York is no service to humanity in general or your country in particular.

I didn't get your comment. Are you implying that all the banks be shut down because they do not provide any service to humanity.

I didn't get your comment. Are you implying that all the banks be shut down because they do not provide any service to humanity.

No, people working in investment banks are highly intelligent, gifted and hard working people. These places are filled with people from the developing world today. Their countries need them. They do not do any service to humanity in general or their country in particular by working in an investment bank in Hong Kong or a securities firm in London. On the other hand, a Bangladeshi physicist working in New Zealand is contributing to both his country and humanity.

I know these are odd and somewhat idiotic feelings but its not because I despise bankers. It's just the way I think :angel:

Got it. Although I don't agree with your theory entirely.

No, people working in investment banks are highly intelligent, gifted and hard working people. These places are filled with people from the developing world today. Their countries need them. They do not do any service to humanity in general or their country in particular by working in an investment bank in Hong Kong or a securities firm in London. On the other hand, a Bangladeshi physicist working in New Zealand is contributing to both his country and humanity.

I know these are odd and somewhat idiotic feelings but its not because I despise bankers. It's just the way I think :angel:

Dear it makes me happpy to see your understanding of the concept of GDP. But take the Nobel Prize winners of any decade at random and 4-5 will be on the topic GDP.

There are different measures of development, social indicators, economic indicators, HDI etc. but follow to analogy; If you want to tell someone how wealthy or well off a family is you can say;
1. How many houses and cars they have,
2. How well educated the family is,
3. The kind of jobs they are doing,
4. The kind of awards and respect this family has earned,
5. And the collective earning of all the members of the family. [which in case of a county makes up GDP, which can again be different for different people, as not all the brothers in the family will be earning same amount of money].

And no offense taken. :bunny:

Sir the way you discuss is quite impressive..
You have patience and I really appreciate it...

I will post an article tomorrow which quotes the inventor of the GDP...I think he was the main guy who gave an idea to the world about GDP..The article is in my bag now and it is late over here so wait till tomorrow..
So, if that guy is not satisfied with his "invention" than why do we have to bother about other prize winners..

Thanks

Pakistan wins five World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders awards

The Financial Daily Reporter

Staff Reporter
KARACHI: The World Economic Forum (WEF) Wednesday announced its Young Global Leaders (YGLs) for 2010. This year, five Young Global Leader awards have come to Pakistan. The recipients are: Syed Mustafa Kamal Mayor of Karachi, Hamid Yar Hiraj Minister of State for Commerce, Amir Jahangir Chief Executive Officer of SAMAA TV, Muhammad Tabba CEO Lucky Cement, and Umar Saif, Founder of Saif Center for Innovation. The honour, bestowed each year by the Forum, recognises and acknowledges up to 200 outstanding young leaders from around the world for their professional accomplishments, commitment to society and potential to contribute to shaping the future of the world.
For 2010, the Forum has selected 197 YGLs from 72 countries. They were shortlisted from all the walks of life (business, civil society, social entrepreneurship, politics & government, arts & culture, and opinion & media).

Pakistan wins five World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders awards

The Financial Daily Reporter

Staff Reporter
KARACHI: The World Economic Forum (WEF) Wednesday announced its Young Global Leaders (YGLs) for 2010. This year, five Young Global Leader awards have come to Pakistan. The recipients are: Syed Mustafa Kamal Mayor of Karachi, Hamid Yar Hiraj Minister of State for Commerce, Amir Jahangir Chief Executive Officer of SAMAA TV, Muhammad Tabba CEO Lucky Cement, and Umar Saif, Founder of Saif Center for Innovation. The honour, bestowed each year by the Forum, recognises and acknowledges up to 200 outstanding young leaders from around the world for their professional accomplishments, commitment to society and potential to contribute to shaping the future of the world.
For 2010, the Forum has selected 197 YGLs from 72 countries. They were shortlisted from all the walks of life (business, civil society, social entrepreneurship, politics & government, arts & culture, and opinion & media).

Good News ... after sometime:cheers::pakistan::yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom