Shaukat Aziz advisor to Lakshmi Mittal

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Aziz, advisor to India steel Mogul
Staff Reporter

KARACHI: Former prime minister Shaukat Aziz has been appointed as financial advisor to prominent Indian businessman Lakshmi Mittal. According to details, Shaukat Aziz has been playing a new role as financial advisor to Lakshmi Mittal to whom the former PM had sold Pakistan Steel Mills, which was later stopped by the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Lakshmi Mittal, who is owner of some 30 steels mills in India, made Shaukat Aziz's appointment in his London office.

People had expressed their annoyance over the disgraceful step taken by the former prime minister for accepting offer from an Indian businessman in the wake of recent tension between the two countries on different core issues particularly water dispute and Kashmir issue. -Agencies

Aziz, advisor to India steel mogul - News

Jana baji this man will do anything for money .. Why are you so worried about a Traitor.

I met an Australian Business man who worked with S Aziz and he told me similar stories about him..

anyway ...

Jana baji this man will do anything for money .. Why are you so worried about a Traitor.

I met an Australian Business man who worked with S Aziz and he told me similar stories about him..

anyway ...

:) I have not problem with his personal decisions but leaving a lucratvive job for less one is beyond understanding

Aziz, advisor to India steel Mogul
Staff Reporter

KARACHI: Former prime minister Shaukat Aziz has been appointed as financial advisor to prominent Indian businessman Lakshmi Mittal. According to details, Shaukat Aziz has been playing a new role as financial advisor to Lakshmi Mittal to whom the former PM had sold Pakistan Steel Mills, which was later stopped by the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Lakshmi Mittal, who is owner of some 30 steels mills in India, made Shaukat Aziz's appointment in his London office.

People had expressed their annoyance over the disgraceful step taken by the former prime minister for accepting offer from an Indian businessman in the wake of recent tension between the two countries on different core issues particularly water dispute and Kashmir issue. -Agencies

Aziz, advisor to India steel mogul - News

Whats wrong with that? So many nationalities work under Mittal.

ex PM's have to eat also.

Regards

In my opinion accepting an offer from an Indian is not as big a concern as the fact that he (Aziz) as an 'imposed' PM tried to cut a shady deal with the same business tycoon who's job he has now accepted. This clearly shows a conflict of interest and also proves that honorable CJPs action on Pakistan Steel was valid.

In my opinion accepting an offer from an Indian is not as big a concern as the fact that he (Aziz) as an 'imposed' PM tried to cut a shady deal with the same business tycoon who's job he has now accepted. This clearly shows a conflict of interest and also proves that honorable CJPs action on Pakistan Steel was valid.

Proof the pudding is in eating it? Where is Pakistan Steel and Mittal Steel today?

The man has successfully turned around many a steel mill and saved many a jobs.

You don't become the third richest man by just being an Indian?

Regards

Can't agree more. This makes it all the more shady.

However, how credible is this news? Is he a salaried employee or he gave Mittal and advice or two and the media blew it out of proportion?

:) Who says its wrong.

Atleast im ok with it as long as he doesn’t collaborate with anyone for harming Pakistani interests.

Is Mittal an international terrorist like Dawood whom you keep happily as a house guest?

Regards

Proof the pudding is in eating it? Where is Pakistan Steel and Mittal Steel today?

The man has successfully turned around many a steel mill and saved many a jobs.

You don't become the third richest man by just being an Indian?

Regards
I'm expecting a denial from Aziz... I always believed PML-Q members were the real driving force behind that deal. The government had no mandate of the people to go ahead with such a venture. It seemed more and more like a kick back.

I'm expecting a denial from Aziz... I always believed PML-Q members were the real driving force behind that deal. The government had no mandate of the people to go ahead with such a venture. It seemed more and more like a kick back.

I have no problems whether the deal was cancelled or not but to blame that Mittal was behind the scam is being very presumptious.

Mittal does not Pak Steel but Pak Steel definately needs a person like Mittal.

Regards

Is Mittal an international terrorist like Dawood whom you keep happily as a house guest?

Regards
How many times we have to hear this fabricated Indian Mantra that Dawood is based in Pakistan. He is welcome to come and go, however the DAWOOD that Indians always point to in Karachi is Seth Dawood. A semi-prominent Business man - a totally different person. Who is dead and now his children, also Dawoods are handling his businesses.

Thats why you have Dawood plastered everywhere around Karachi. It's not Dawood Ibrahim.

The only Seth Dawood we could give you was:

But he died a few years ago.

I have no problems whether the deal was cancelled or not but to blame that Mittal was behind the scam is being very presumptious.

Mittal does not Pak Steel but Pak Steel definately needs a person like Mittal.

Regards
Who is blaming Mittal, he may have offered a bribe or two, but the real culprits were the Pakistanis who were taking it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom