What's new

Shanghai sits top of the world in all catagories of PISA 2009 assessment in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
a cabbage for $2 at a grocery store or even less if you go to a ' farmers market'

McDonald hamburger for 99 cents :)

and Freedom for FREEEE (priceless!)

and oh minimum wage per hour averages $7.25 for all! or 48.29 Yuan/ hour mandated or in some states as high as 55 Yuan/ hour :usflag:

You're an idiot, he's talking about SK (South Korea).

a cabbage for $2 at a grocery store or even less if you go to a ' farmers market'

McDonald hamburger for 99 cents :)

and Freedom for FREEEE (priceless!)

and oh minimum wage per hour averages $7.25 for all! or 48.29 Yuan/ hour mandated or in some states as high as 55 Yuan/ hour :usflag:

SK = south korea.

now what you didn't mention: at minimum wage working for 40 hours per week you'll make 1500 per month. 1/3 of that goes to taxes of various sorts, the biggest of which is income tax which we don't have here for anyone making below 5000 per month unlike the robber state USA. rent in los angelos goes anywhere from 500 to 1000, nothing lower even in the ghettos. there's no public transportation in the US so you have to drive a car, more strain of finance, and this isn't even considering you have to eat and use electricity and wear clothes.

doesn't look so hot now does it, like i said, relative wages are what's important, absolute wages are meaningless. otherwise you might think that this McDonalds kid lives far better than Indian IT professionals.

^^^^^^

If you ever ever ever look at a girl of another race. Speeder will find you and kick you in the nuts to ensure the pure Han blood is not tainted.

You can't make policy based on IQ test results. IQ is a verboten subject. You can't walk into a room full of diverse people and discuss IQ differences and policy choices dispassionately. They'll want to kill you.

Speeder just needs to relax. IQ results are academically interesting because they reflect the effectiveness of an educational system. I don't think they were meant to be used to create division.

Speeder should come to the United States. There are good-looking women of every race. A world where everyone gets along is preferable to the alternative.

Here's an experience that I'll never forget:

Once, I sat in an university classroom and the professor asked, "What do you think explains the difference in the economic success of Chinese in America in comparison to Vietnamese immigrants?"

I said, "Chinese work harder." The room exploded and everybody booed me. Thank God I didn't say that Chinese have superior intelligence genes. :-) If I did, they would probably have lynched me. See Speeder, self-preservation is a good reason to change your views.

Last edited:
You can't make policy based on IQ test results. IQ is a verboten subject. You can't walk into a room full of diverse people and discuss IQ differences and policy choices dispassionately. They'll want to kill you.

Speeder just needs to relax. IQ results are academically interesting because they reflect the effectiveness of an educational system. I don't think they were meant to be used to create division.

Speeder should come to the United States. There are good-looking women of every race. A world where everyone gets along is preferable to the alternative.

Here's an experience that I'll never forget:

Once, I sat in an university classroom and the professor asked, "What do you think explains the difference in the economic success of Chinese in America in comparison to Vietnamese immigrants?"

I said, "Chinese work harder." The room exploded and everybody booed me. Thank God I didn't say that Chinese have superior intelligence genes. :-) If I did, they would probably have lynched me. See Speeder, self-preservation is a good reason to change your views.

Hahahaha did you really say that in lecture?

Anyways, to answer your other point. Choices for partners are not made from a spreadsheet, and to say you can only marry such and such is a massive violation of personal freedom (we're not India right?). I'll not let anyone say I can only date Chinese girls and I'm sure most people feel the same way.

*I hope you knew my other comment was a joke*

Last edited:
Hahahaha did you really say that in lecture?

Anyways, to answer your other point. Choices for partners are not made from a spreadsheet, and to say you can only marry such and such is a massive violation of personal freedom (we're India right?). I'll not let anyone say I can only date Chinese girls and I'm sure most people feel the same way.

*I hope you knew my other comment was a joke*

Yes, I actually said that during discussion. I never raised my hand to volunteer an answer after that experience. The answer seemed pretty harmless. Surprisingly, my answer incited a roomful of mostly Caucasians to become extremely agitated. Imagine a roomful of Indians, I would never have made it out of there. :-)

I'm no dummy. IQ and race are sensitive subjects. Stay away from them. I'm not ashamed to say that I was a little alarmed and frightened by their response. I mean, what the hell, there wasn't any Vietnamese in the class and everyone had been mostly comatose for most of the semester. It was a shock when they all booed me and made catcalls.

Yes, I actually said that during discussion. I never raised my hand to volunteer an answer after that experience. The answer seemed pretty harmless. Surprisingly, my answer incited a roomful of mostly Caucasians to become extremely agitated. Imagine a roomful of Indians, I would never have made it out of there. :-)

I'm no dummy. IQ and race are sensitive subjects. Stay away from them. I'm not ashamed to say that I was a little alarmed and frightened by their response. I mean, what the hell, there wasn't any Vietnamese in the class and everyone had been mostly comatose for most of the semester. It was a shock when they all booed me and made catcalls.

The funny thing is the hypothetical Vietnamese person would understood your explanation perfectly. People from Asia aren't burdened with the white man's guilt and tend to talk more broadly about race without being uncomfortable. This is likely because there was no racial hierarchy in China in the same way they existed for white Colonialists. Chinese who are new to western society tend to shock people because they just don't view it as a sensitive thing.

I think speeder's racial fantasies has much more to do with western racism and the Stormfront brand of supremacists.

SK = south korea.

now what you didn't mention: at minimum wage working for 40 hours per week you'll make 1500 per month. 1/3 of that goes to taxes of various sorts, the biggest of which is income tax which we don't have here for anyone making below 5000 per month unlike the robber state USA. rent in los angelos goes anywhere from 500 to 1000, nothing lower even in the ghettos. there's no public transportation in the US so you have to drive a car, more strain of finance, and this isn't even considering you have to eat and use electricity and wear clothes.

doesn't look so hot now does it, like i said, relative wages are what's important, absolute wages are meaningless. otherwise you might think that this McDonalds kid lives far better than Indian IT professionals.

Just like your cabbage prices you have a lot of ignorant assumptions:

Nearly 1/2 of US population pays no Federal tax .

So no 1/3 won't go in taxes at $1300.

In LA the median salary in 2008 was $55,452 . I haven't researched 2010 but I'm sure its around the same Los Angeles County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

In China per this article - The salaries of factory workers in China are still low compared to those in the United States and Europe: the hourly wage in southern China is only about 75 cents an hour.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/business/global/08wages.html

New York Times financial columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin wrote that at General Motors( auto industry factory), "the average worker was paid about $70 an hour, including health care and pension costs."

Average hourly rate is much much higher than the minimum rate mandated by the govt in LA and in most cities, especially in major cities. even McDonald's pays higher than federal rate .

Ghetto Apartment rent probably 2x or 3 x size of your ghetto apartments, that's if they don't live in a hut over there, would be called projects and they are heavily subsidized- To a point of being free or almost free. but yes you could share an 2 bedroom apartment for about $400/ month in safe , clean and somewhat decent area. probably considered a middle class apartment in china. It just a higher standard of living.

Public Transportation is good in Ca and New york but not everywhere. and you could get a car for $100 / month.

I understand your all defensive here but our standard of living is much higher. we actually have workers rights here too :).

I know your used to your environment, just ask any of your fellow countrymen who live here about living standards here vs your home court. It's not bragging, shoot that's why I came to the US.

Last edited:
The funny thing is the hypothetical Vietnamese person would understood your explanation perfectly. People from Asia aren't burdened with the white man's guilt and tend to talk more broadly about race without being uncomfortable. This is likely because there was no racial hierarchy in China in the same way they existed for white Colonialists. Chinese who are new to western society tend to shock people because they just don't view it as a sensitive thing.

I think speeder's racial fantasies has much more to do with western racism and the Stormfront brand of supremacists.

Speeder has to be careful. If he says the stuff about genetics and apartheid-era marriage laws, someone may take it personally and decide to straighten him out. They have nothing to lose and they're serious.

About six months ago, I read a story on Google News. A man had walked by a panhandler (in Atlanta?). She asked for a donation. He walked by her, paused, and turned around. He said, "you should get a job." She followed him, took a gun from beneath her coat, and shot him.

Economic times are hard everywhere. Saying controversial stuff can be dangerous in real life.

yeah sadly- immigrants in the US are quite racist. I've noticed this especially is Asian communities. tend to be close knit too...

yeah sadly- immigrants in the US are quite racist. I've noticed this especially is Asian communities. tend to be close knit too...

They aren't racists lol. They just don't have a racial politeness filter put in yet. They are no more or less racist than the Angelos.

They aren't racists lol. They just don't have a racial politeness filter put in yet. They are no more or less racist than the Angelos.

no, I'm afraid they are :(. they don't like African Americans, stay within their community. maybe they are not used to seeing people of other cultures and races much, but Asians have a strong racists undertone. Now maybe not if its 2nd / 3rd generation US citizens.

Remember the US elected an African American president , although I would agree there is racism in the US , but really not to the extent you have been lead to believe. It is an open society, it assimilates people of different races , cultural much better than EU and a melting pot. else, you would not have everyone wanting to come to the US.

let's be honest, do you see people flocking to go to China or India or the US as immigrants ?

no, I'm afraid they are :(. they don't like African Americans, stay within their community. maybe they are not used to seeing people of other cultures and races much, but Asians have a strong racists undertone. Now maybe not if its 2nd / 3rd generation US citizens.

Remember the US elected an African American president , although I would agree there is racism in the US , but really not to the extent you have been lead to believe. It is an open society, it assimilates people of different races , cultural much better than EU and a melting pot. else, you would not have everyone wanting to come to the US.

let's be honest, do you see people flocking to go to China or India or the US as immigrants ?

Geez I've heard about being more Catholic than the pope, but more American than the Americans? That's a new one. Stop licking boot you suck up.

right now, the tide is reversing. it's merely the US having a small amount of leftover momentum. india will never be able to attract immigrants, but China has already began to do so.

right now, the tide is reversing. it's merely the US having a small amount of leftover momentum. india will never be able to attract immigrants, but China has already began to do so.

Good for you. We have enough Bangladeshi, Nepali, Bhutanese, Tibetans in our country as immigrants. We can't afford more. But, thank you for that insult.

Also, India has larger immigration rate than you. Here is the excerpt from the report.

Interestingly, even as 11.4 million people from India went abroad, 5.4 million came into the country, making India No. 10 in the list of nations attracting the most immigrants -- and No. 2 in Asia, behind only Saudi Arabia.

Read more: Indians No. 2 in emigrating, top in sending money home - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ey-home/articleshow/7050010.cms#ixzz17aekyNQR

But if you think only whites are considered as immigrants. Then you are right.

Last edited:

can you pass that joint you're smoking please :) . You're like the Baghdad Bob of china (look it up) ;) .

I don't mind your spunk, you are a good cheerleader for the country, ill-informed, but I get a smile on my face when I read your posts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom