What's new

Shanghai sits top of the world in all catagories of PISA 2009 assessment in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are ignorant of current facts. U.S. GDP is $14 trillion. China's GDP is $5 trillion. U.S. GDP is slightly less than three times larger than China's.

See List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

trust a dailykook.com extreme lefty to use wikipedia as a source of information.

but your right, although not completely, its slightly above 3 X depends on whose calculation you look at. Now go join the weatherman underground :thinktank:

If the anyone of you here work for the Chinese govt. be sure to alert them to this fella, he'll happy spy against the US.

Last edited:
^Jay unnecessary aggression mate. take it easy

Somehow I quiet agree with "great". This is very visible in US. India's engineers in US they really can talk. I personally reviewed one of my india engineer's work before, not that good in terms of professional. After he was laid off by the company, he joined another company and then he was promoted very quickly, in just four years, he is already a general project manager. I really think Chinese engineers should know how to talk beside their professional skills.

Hey Abishek, just curious, have you started learning Mandarin?

I think you can get around alright in Taiwan with English, but it's probably best to learn the basics of Mandarin too.

Last edited:

yeah ,you're right , he is getting on my nerves. I'll just add to my / Ignore list going forward. this fella is obviously not a American.

Hey buddy just curious, have you started learning Mandarin?

I think you can get around alright in Taiwan with English, but it's probably best to learn the basics of Mandarin too.

I would love to, but too old to learn a new language. But what has Taiwan to do with it ?

I would love to learn it to understand some those fantastic operas you guys have. But, as longs as the world's language is English- I think I'm safe, yeah you agree?

I would love to, but too old to learn a new language. But what has Taiwan to do with it ?

I would love to learn it to understand some those fantastic operas you guys have. But, still as longs as the world's language is English- I think I'm safe, yeah you agree?

Sorry I was directing that question at Abishek, since he's moving to Taiwan in December (according to his signature).

But you're right, English is the global language and you can survive in most places using just English.

Sorry I was directing that question at Abishek, since he's moving to Taiwan in December (according to his signature).

But you're right, English is the global language and you can survive in most places using just English.

yeah, but I'll tell you, my kid is 7 and I had a conversation with my wife and that I wish they taught both Chinese languages in his school.

Hey Abishek, just curious, have you started learning Mandarin?

i enrolled in a mandarin class but the prof. wasn't great. the univ is about to bring in a new prof. so i am waiting for the new guy.
Just to clarify, I'm not moving to TW yet, just going there to see the in-laws to be.
TW was pretty easy to navigate, plus the people are really nice so I'm looking forward to this short trip.

forgot to add, the food is out of this world :smitten:

yeah, but I'll tell you, my kid is 7 and I had a conversation with my wife and that I wish they taught both Chinese languages in his school.

:cheers:

You don't need to learn both though, it's easier to go with just Mandarin. I'm a Cantonese speaker myself, but Mandarin is definitely more useful. :tup:

i enrolled in a mandarin class but the prof. wasn't great. the univ is about to bring in a new prof. so i am waiting for the new guy.
Just to clarify, I'm not moving to TW yet, just going there to see the in-laws to be.
TW was pretty easy to navigate, plus the people are really nice so I'm looking forward to this short trip.

If you want to learn Mandarin, I recommend that you use the "Rosetta stone" language learning software, it's a really good program.

Anyway, Taiwan is a great place, I wish you and your family good luck and happiness when you eventually move there. :cheers:

what kind of food? I have no clue what they eat and kinda assumed it was closer to Chinese food. Please please tell me its SPICY!

If you want to learn Mandarin, I recommend that you use the "Rosetta stone" language learning software, it's a really good program.

Anyway, Taiwan is a great place, I wish you and your family good luck and happiness when you eventually move there. :cheers:

thanks CD. btw I've already warned CS that if I show up in his part of town, he better be ready to show me around. (I'm a bit shameless like that) :D

same goes for you, especially if I move to TW(you can bet I will visit HK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom