What's new

Shanghai sits top of the world in all catagories of PISA 2009 assessment in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
after medical school, maybe not rational, in north american system.

but if you majored in any engineering or science, you'll be a lab serf working for the white man for 10-15 USD per hour in a land where average prices are for your bosses and not you. lots of my father's friends in college went to the US for their PhDs (!!) and became scientific serfs for the white man.

in China he was a chemical engineer. He has 15 years of experience in petrochemicals and transition metal catalysis with over 10 patents to his name. A very qualified engineer by any measure. He went to the US in 1989, and got a PhD in physical chemistry in 1994, then took a postdoc position at CMU... where he stayed until now. CMU hasn't paid him in 6 months so he quit. Now he's working minimum wage writing patents for this no name company on the verge of collapse.

so why be a lab serf to the white man? that's what i don't understand. My father told him to come back to China, at worst he can get a process engineer position, better than minimum wage being a backroom slave. But he can't. He forgot most his chinese, his family became americanized, now he is stuck being a slave for the whites and can't even come back to china.

To be fair, white people are the slaves of white people too in that situation. It's just the nature of academic life here.

hopefully not all of our bright youngsters will be lured to the US. I am pretty sure I am going back to Shanghai after I finish medical school here in Canada!:china:

Well, the sad fact is many of them, if not all of them, are lured into western countries, and US is the favorite destination for most of them.

If China can't reverse this unprecedented brain drain, China has no future.

But it is good to know some of them like you, are willing to come back to China.

I think I'm gonna move to Taiwan. Better for the future kids :D

I think they'll repatriate your inferior brown genes by the customs.

Well, the sad fact is many of them, if not all of them, are lured into western countries, and US is the favorite destination for most of them.

If China can't reverse this unprecedented brain drain, China has no future.

But it is good to know some of them like you, are willing to come back to China.

Your government supports emigration to Western countries, for the very reason of attracting patriots who succeed abroad. The Chinese civil and military tech framework, is founded by the dispora.

There's no future for China if this unprecedented brain gain ends.

Last edited:
In India.....it very much distributive....

since no region is completely educated u will always find an average ranking for a region even if it has the best talent in the world..frankly even better than chinese.....

but u guyz know the problem with india......

so much disparity between rich and poor...educated and uneducated......

u get the BEST here and the WORST too.......

DEMOCRACY ROCKS !

same situation as of china some 10 - 15 yrs back.....

but now reforms have taken place.....

Education is become a compulsory right of every child and denying it is a crime.

we are getiing better and better and in next 20 yrs we will be the best in education.....HOPEFULLY :P

Again......DEMOCRACY ROCKS !

Your government supports emigration to Western countries, for the very reason of attracting patriots who succeeds abroad. The Chinese civil and military tech framework, is founded by the dispora.

I think you both have a point.

In India.....it very much distributive....

since no region is completely educated u will always find an average ranking for a region even if it has the best talent in the world..frankly even better than chinese.....

but u guyz know the problem with india......

so much disparity between rich and poor...educated and uneducated......

u get the BEST here and the WORST too.......

DEMOCRACY ROCKS !

same situation as of china some 10 - 15 yrs back.....

but now reforms have taken place.....

Education is become a compulsory right of every child and denying it is a crime.

we are getiing better and better and in next 20 yrs we will be the best in education.....HOPEFULLY :P

Again......DEMOCRACY ROCKS !

Are you drunk?

I think they'll repatriate your inferior brown genes by the customs.

Your government supports emigration to Western countries, for the very reason of attracting patriots who succeeds abroad. The Chinese civil and military tech framework, is founded by the dispora.

I disagree completely and facts are on my side. The examples of overseas chinese coming back to succeed are more visible, but they're obviously not the only examples or even a majority of examples.

Good luck :) China's medical system still needs a lot of help and I think the Canadian heath care does a pretty good job.

medical system is not because of a shortage of technical skill but because of an inferior administrative system.

i heard that no whites do science and engineering anymore. is that true?

Nooo, it depends on what the field of science but my University is still 50% white 50% assorted for science, and probably 30% 70% for engineering. Toronto is a very multi-ethnic city.

What really sucks is the sex ratio, in the hard science and engineering. (I sometimes wish I took some cheesy biology, or physiology degree)

medical system is not because of a shortage of technical skill but because of an inferior administrative system.

Yeah that's why I said medical system, not doctors.

Good going China :)

He forgot most his chinese, his family became americanized, now he is stuck being a slave for the whites and can't even come back to china.

Why do you have to be such a racist? It wasn't necessary to interject racism into this topic.

P.S. Congratulations to Shanghai! Maybe the one-child policy is paying off, big time ......

Why do you have to be such a racist? It wasn't necessary to interject racism into this topic.

P.S. Congratulations to Shanghai! Maybe the one-child policy is paying off, big time ......

More like overbearing parental pressure is paying off. I can't believe how hard some of my relative's kids work. Study machines.

I'm not a racist, it is a fact. His bosses are white, they don't have higher degrees than him, they probably have less experience (15 years in 1 industry is huge), less publications and less patents, yet they make more than he does. Now he almost forgot his Chinese, and is stuck in the US at a dead end job. After doing a PhD, writing all those papers, getting all those research done, and then being stuck as a lab serf which happens nowhere else in the world, seems like he truly is a slave.

I'm not a racist, it is a fact. His bosses are white, they don't have higher degrees than him, they probably have less experience (15 years in 1 industry is huge), less publications and less patents, yet they make more than he does. Now he almost forgot his Chinese, and is stuck in the US at a dead end job. After doing a PhD, writing all those papers, getting all those research done, and then being stuck as a lab serf which happens nowhere else in the world, seems like he truly is a slave.

There is something called social skills, Chinese are lagging in them big time. Just an observation. More than education, they determine who are right for certain positions.

But yes, Chinese have brains of GODs, everyone else are puny before them. If you want you can make a space ship tomorrow to fly to Pegasus galaxy. Please why don't you do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom