What's new

Shanghai sits top of the world in all catagories of PISA 2009 assessment in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something called social skills, Chinese are lagging in that big time. Just an observation. More than education, they determine who are right for certain positions.

hahahahahah... if you said anything else, i wouldn't mind, even say chinese are stupid, but saying low social skill... hahaha, you can't even imagine what social skill is over here.

hahahahahah... if you said anything else, i wouldn't mind, even say chinese are stupid, but saying low social skill... hahaha, you can't even imagine what social skill is over here.

I'll tell you some amusing stories of Indian social skills sometime.

Who is talking about people in China. I was talking about your cousins here in America. They are the most conservative people I have ever met, may be because a lot of them have a bit low communication skills.

Are you drunk?

well i dont know what made u feel so.....but i shud specify the presumption i made before making the comment.....and its that i assume these rankings is cumulative of IQ level of all the students in the sample set..... is it ?

if thats the case then in india we have very high IQ students..its just they arent high numerically as in china......and the other students who are uneducated do bring the average IQ to low level.....

hope i made my stance clear !

now if i am missing something u can correct me !

I think I'm gonna move to Taiwan. Better for the future kids :D

Not to give you any 2nd ideas or anything, I'd think it's better to choose hong kong or singapore, it's more diverse and has lower taxes, there's less geopolitical risk too. This is not to talk down Taiwan or anything, but if you really have the skills/money to choose whichever destination, then it's something to think about.

^^ Didn't you see, topjumper, that this guy is race-mixing with one Taiwanese girl , putting his indian DNA into Taiwan Han Chinese gene pool ?

That's why he is going to live in Taiwan, not his "Shining India," and talks about "futuree kids",etc :angry:

after medical school, maybe not rational, in north american system.

but if you majored in any engineering or science, you'll be a lab serf working for the white man for 10-15 USD per hour in a land where average prices are for your bosses and not you. lots of my father's friends in college went to the US for their PhDs (!!) and became scientific serfs for the white man.

in China he was a chemical engineer. He has 15 years of experience in petrochemicals and transition metal catalysis with over 10 patents to his name. A very qualified engineer by any measure. He went to the US in 1989, and got a PhD in physical chemistry in 1994, then took a postdoc position at CMU... where he stayed until now. CMU hasn't paid him in 6 months so he quit. Now he's working minimum wage writing patents for this no name company on the verge of collapse.

so why be a lab serf to the white man? that's what i don't understand. My father told him to come back to China, at worst he can get a process engineer position, better than minimum wage being a backroom slave. But he can't. He forgot most his chinese, his family became americanized, now he is stuck being a slave for the whites and can't even come back to china.

Very good one!

Let’s now ask the question: why those talents would rather be a lab serf than a freeman in China?

My guess:
1) He’ll probably be worse than a serf in China, given more competitions and lack of network (guanxi).

2) He has hope for his kids to have a chance in US. Chinese education system is too hard on the kids, he may consider, (as perhaps being brain-washed by democratic propaganda). But frankly, if his kids are interested in learning, the environment is very good for them to grow, provided that they live in a good community.

One of my friends tempted distributing some resume in China, but no position matches him, both in terms of payment and profession that I like. More, there are too many talents in China, nobody cares you, regardless of you PhD degree from world famous University with extensive professional experiences in SP 500 for prolonged time.

^^ Didn't you see, topjumper, that this guy is race-mixing with one Taiwanese girl , putting his indian DNA into Taiwan Han Chinese gene pool ?

That's why he is going to live in Taiwan, not his "Shining India," and talks about "futuree kids",etc :angry:

you can add "thedeleteduser" in my category as well :tup:

reason why china does so well? because it invests smartly in education. see the other top 5 under it , they too invest but smartly in education. India and US have a lot to learn. I can understand US being the preferred source for " higher" education. But India has the same the cultural attitude on education as china and should not lag behind this horribly in primary and secondary levels .

regardless, the reality of the situation is Indian brains are still sought after. this advantage is not just because of talent but because we have a better grasp of the English language. But China ( a documentary I recently saw in the US) is heavily investing is getting English integrated at earlier levels in their school systems and more broadly.

Very good one!

Let’s now ask the question: why those talents would rather be a lab serf than a freeman in China?

My guess:
1) He’ll probably be worse than a serf in China, given more competitions and lack of network (guanxi).

2) He has hope for his kids to have a chance in US. Chinese education system is too hard on the kids, he may consider, (as perhaps being brain-washed by democratic propaganda). But frankly, if his kids are interested in learning, the environment is very good for them to grow, provided that they live in a good community.

One of my friends tempted distributing some resume in China, but no position matches him, both in terms of payment and profession that I like. More, there are too many talents in China, nobody cares you, regardless of you PhD degree from world famous University with extensive professional experiences in SP 500 for prolonged time.[

That's because the US has over 5 X of china's GDP . hence you will get paid more. plus standard of living is higher...

Wow... just wow.

You do realize that there are a lot of mixed-race marriages between Chinese and non-Chinese right?

Your attitude is more like a White Nationalist rather than a Chinese Nationalist, which I guess is why you are such a fan of Stormfront.

Last edited:
Not to give you any 2nd ideas or anything, I'd think it's better to choose hong kong or singapore, it's more diverse and has lower taxes, there's less geopolitical risk too. This is not to talk down Taiwan or anything, but if you really have the skills/money to choose whichever destination, then it's something to think about.

I agree with this. :tup:

Hong Kong and Singapore have a better standard of living than Taiwan, and you'll be able to get around more easily even if your Chinese is not very good.

Some truly disgusting comments here by fellow Chinese members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom