What's new

Shanghai sits top of the world in all catagories of PISA 2009 assessment in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez I've heard about being more Catholic than the pope, but more American than the Americans? That's a new one. Stop licking boot you suck up.

I was amused when the sycophant claimed that he's more American than I. My brother served as an U.S. Army Ranger and the sycophant was claiming to be more patriotic. That's ridiculous. A keyboard warrior can never measure up to a real soldier.

I also have doubts about his claims of being American. His English, syntax, and grammar are horrible. Let's take a look at a sample.

I understand your all defensive here but our standard of living is much higher. we actually have workers rights here too :).

I know your used to your environment, just ask any of your fellow countrymen who live here about living standards here vs your home court. It's not bragging, shoot that's why I came to the US.

How many Americans can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're"? "We" needs to be capitalized. He is unaware of the possessive form (e.g. workers' rights). There are two "run on" sentences.

My verdict: I doubt he's American at all. In any case, I'll give him a "D-" for English skills. There are at least six errors in only four sentences. I am leaning towards seven errors. There should be a comma before "but."

Last edited:
I was amused when the sycophant claimed that he's more American than I. My brother served as an U.S. Army Ranger and the sycophant was claiming to be more patriotic. That's ridiculous. A keyboard warrior can never measure up to a real soldier.

I also have doubts about his claims of being American. His English, syntax, and grammar are horrible.

Yeah it's sad when new immigrants do this. You become a citizen to be treated as an equal, you don't suck up to white people to appear more American/Canadian/whatever.

Funny thing is those "asian" (he probably mean east asians) that he thinks are terrible racists (ironic eh?) are much better integrated here in Canada.

can you pass that joint you're smoking please :) . You're like the Baghdad Bob of china (look it up) ;) .

I don't mind your spunk, you are a good cheerleader for the country, ill-informed, but I get a smile on my face when I read your posts :D

it's purely common sense. india is has high disease, high poverty, low GDP, high infant deaths, high starvation, low nutrition, high corruption, bad infrastructure, and on top of that you don't even live there anymore + think that the US is your #1 nation and not india which shows that you think it's terrible.

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/science/88/8831sci2.html

Similarly, Xiaoyu Li, another Peking University-trained undergraduate, returned to the university earlier this year with an aim of using the high-throughput-screening expertise he acquired while working at the Cambridge, Mass.-based Broad Institute. Specifically, he hopes to screen chemical libraries built through the DNA-programmed chemistry he helped develop in David R. Liu’s lab at Harvard and nearby Ensemble Therapeutics.

Xing Chen, who trained with Carolyn R. Bertozzi at the University of California, Berkeley, before doing a postdoc in immunology at Harvard Medical School, is looking forward to joining the college’s faculty this fall. He hopes to design chemically customized sugars and nanomaterials to study the spatial and temporal regulation of cell signaling.

“Any of these young people could have landed good faculty jobs in the U.S.,” Gao notes. Still, challenges remain in recruiting top-flight talent. “We face stiff competition from other universities, both in China and abroad, as well as from the Chinese Academy of Sciences” institutes, Gao concedes. Faculty salaries also remain low in comparison with those in the West, and rapidly rising real estate prices in China generally, and in Beijing specifically, are making it challenging for young faculty to buy their own homes.

You attract low level wage workers, we attract top level scientists.

How many Americans can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're"? "We" needs to be capitalized. He is unaware of the possessive form (e.g. workers' rights). There are two "run on" sentences.

My verdict: I doubt he's American at all.

Yeah I got a distinctly Fobish feel off of him. Though it was more from the fact, he kept inserting odd out of place American cultural references in his posts. Also the way he breaks up sentences is something I see a lot in posts here.

can you pass that joint you're smoking please :) . You're like the Baghdad Bob of china (look it up) ;) .

I don't mind your spunk, you are a good cheerleader for the country, ill-informed, but I get a smile on my face when I read your posts :D

Awfully proud of your random references aren't you? And spunk? Who under the age of 70 uses the word spunk?

Geez I've heard about being more Catholic than the pope, but more American than the Americans? That's a new one. Stop licking boot you suck up.

LOL. did I hit a nerve? seems so. This is a classic example, you can't handle Chinese being called racists. It's always " Oh no, we just are impolite when we make racists comments". ROFL

But I still like your food :) especially eating it with those funny sticks - :rofl:

it's purely common sense. india is has high disease, high poverty, low GDP, high infant deaths, high starvation, low nutrition, high corruption, bad infrastructure, and on top of that you don't even live there anymore + think that the US is your #1 nation and not india which shows that you think it's terrible.

Chemistry At Peking University Turns 100 | Science & Technology | Chemical & Engineering News

Similarly, Xiaoyu Li, another Peking University-trained undergraduate, returned to the university earlier this year with an aim of using the high-throughput-screening expertise he acquired while working at the Cambridge, Mass.-based Broad Institute. Specifically, he hopes to screen chemical libraries built through the DNA-programmed chemistry he helped develop in David R. Liu’s lab at Harvard and nearby Ensemble Therapeutics.

Xing Chen, who trained with Carolyn R. Bertozzi at the University of California, Berkeley, before doing a postdoc in immunology at Harvard Medical School, is looking forward to joining the college’s faculty this fall. He hopes to design chemically customized sugars and nanomaterials to study the spatial and temporal regulation of cell signaling.

“Any of these young people could have landed good faculty jobs in the U.S.,” Gao notes. Still, challenges remain in recruiting top-flight talent. “We face stiff competition from other universities, both in China and abroad, as well as from the Chinese Academy of Sciences” institutes, Gao concedes. Faculty salaries also remain low in comparison with those in the West, and rapidly rising real estate prices in China generally, and in Beijing specifically, are making it challenging for young faculty to buy their own homes.

Like I said, macho man. Good for you. If you get sense of pride only by belittling other countries, there is not much anyone can do. But congrats for your scientists. May they develop something good for humanity.

LOL. did I hit a nerve? seems so. This is a classic example, you can't handle Chinese being called racists. It's always " Oh no, we just are impolite when we make racists comments". ROFL

But I still like your food :) especially eating it with those funny sticks - :rofl:

Leave it. Couple of big American dudes discussing about punctuations and stuff. Let them be.

Like I said, macho man. Good for you. If you get sense of pride only by belittling other countries, there is not much anyone can do. But congrats for your scientists. May they develop something good for humanity.

you talk about belittling? every day indians say china copy this, china copy that, we indians are true innovators, so honorable, don't copy, we attract so many immigrants, we plan to make 2000 star destroyers and conquer the globe. i'm just giving people like atl a reminder of reality.

Yeah I got a distinctly Fobish feel off of him. Though it was more from the fact, he kept inserting odd out of place American cultural references in his posts. Also the way he breaks up sentences is something I see a lot in posts here.

I'll give you that, as it turns close to 1 am here on the east coast, my attention to grammar declines. besides I don't really pay much attention to it on forums. But I see that seditious martin is keen to come into this conversation. Our local American Taliban sympathizer :)

We don't like people who engage in anti-Chinese propaganda. I have lived in the United States for a very long time. Where are these Chinese racists that you claimed to have encountered? I've met and known many Chinese-Americans. They are hard-working and well-educated. I dare say that you are neither.

Because Indians never do this right?

That's the problem with you. I was talking to one particular person. Did I say all Chinese? Don't bother replying, I am not in the mood to argue with you.

you talk about belittling? every day indians say china copy this, china copy that, we indians are true innovators, so honorable, don't copy, we attract so many immigrants, we plan to make 2000 star destroyers and conquer the globe. i'm just giving people like atl a reminder of reality.

There could be Indians who exaggerate a bit (including me), but in general what we say would be partially true. But we don't pass idiotic statements like 'India would never be able to attract immigrants' around. That just shows how stupid you are.

But anyways, I was replying to your statement. You talk to me about what I said not other Indian says.

Chemistry At Peking University Turns 100 | Science & Technology | Chemical & Engineering News

did you just give examples of your countrymen running to the US for an education, Shanghai Bob?

I really don't want to insult your country, like you have done with India. One only has to Google the great life in china. that's if they allow anyone to Google them :yahoo:.

Last edited:
That's the problem with you. I was talking to one particular person. Did I say all Chinese? Don't bother replying, I am not in the mood to argue with you.

Oh dear we'd have to cope without a constant stream of off-topic one liners then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom