What's new

Shanghai and Mumbai railway stations compared

peaceful

Reaction score
Shanghai:

3689932.jpg

Mumbai:

2iv0g2u.jpg

Look, almost all modern Chinese buildings of any significance are designed by British/American/European architecture firms. I'm counting I.M. Pei as Chinese-American. I'm guessing Mumbai station was built by the British. If so, neither Chinese people nor Indian people really have anything to brag about.

It's like comparing Indian beaches to chinese beaches...

INDIAN BEACH​
359io8x.jpg

chinese beach​
fapyyx.jpg

:rolleyes:

Look, almost all modern Chinese buildings of any significance are designed by British/American/European architecture firms. I'm counting I.M. Pei as Chinese-American. I'm guessing Mumbai station was built by the British. If so, neither Chinese people nor Indian people really have anything to brag about.

Indians did not start the thread for the purpose of bragging. No matter who built it, Bombay's Victoria terminus is a World heritage site and Shanghai station is just another glass building.

lol What a backfire!!!1 :lol: Mumbai's main railway station is an architectural beauty. This thread is created only for trolling but Mod, seems like allowed this.

Mumbai%20-%20CST%20Station.jpg

I don't know what difference this thread starter wanted to point out, let me point out the 2 differences that I noticed.

Difference 1. The train timings are in 2 languages at least, English and Hindi. This shows that multiple languages are encouraged. There is no attempt to eradicate all traces of languages and dialects.

Difference 2. See the group of Bohris in the foreground. People are free to practice their religion. The government of India will not interfere in any religion or sect, both in theory or practice.

What is right needs to be appreciated & learnt from.

The Railway station at Shanghai stands out for its cleanliness, orderliness and being completely stress free . In fact traveling by rail in China is quite an experience. The Platforms stand out for their complete absence of crowds - passengers have to wait in designated areas till the train reaches the platform & only then are they allowed to access their train - no vendors, no stall , no porters . This is in stark comparison to the hustle bustle of any Indian Railway Platform.

One thing Chinese railways must do is to put signboards in english as well.

Indian Railways would do well to learn.

I bet the outside of mumbai station is way better than Chinese...Mumbai station is a World Heritage Site while Shanghai is just another steel and glass building.

There is no question about its elegant appearance. The problems here is:

as the central station, it is accessed by many locals/visitors on a daily basis, it is probably the busiest station in the country, then why the central government refuse to fund a real clean up? why such key infrastructure is not carefully maintained? Probably because the regime never care about it?

time to hold a real uprising against the regime in new delhi which systematically failed generations of indians for 6 decades.

What is right needs to be appreciated & learnt from.

The Railway station at Shanghai stands out for its cleanliness, orderliness and being completely stress free . In fact traveling by rail in China is quite an experience. The Platforms stand out for their complete absence of crowds - passengers have to wait in designated areas till the train reaches the platform & only then are they allowed to access their train - no vendors, no stall , no porters . This is in stark comparison to the hustle bustle of any Indian Railway Platform.

One thing Chinese railways must do is to put signboards in english as well.

Indian Railways would do well to learn.

In all our major ports, we have signboards in English and another popular foreign language in the region. e.g. in Beijing you should expect to see Korean signboards.

The difference is Chinese itself is used by 1/5 of the total population on earth, with Chinese/English signboards installed in those stations/ports, much more people can get the information they are seeking.

Difference 1. The train timings are in 2 languages at least, English and Hindi. This shows that multiple languages are encouraged. There is no attempt to eradicate all traces of languages and dialects.

You are probably too poor to travel to China. How about just shut up your big mouth, have a look at some photos, then honestly admit that india consistently refuse to provide assistance to Non-English speaking travelers?

For example, in Beijing, we have a lot of signs in Korean, it is not even a part of our official language:
2010176h.jpg

2010021.jpg

Why you have signboard in English? FFS, English is one of your official languages!

Difference 2. See the group of Bohris in the foreground. People are free to practice their religion. The government of India will not interfere in any religion or sect, both in theory or practice.

Liar. mumbai was attacked 2 years ago because of india's long history of repressing the Muslim minorities.

Religious violence in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shanghai Station can never even close to the History and Charm of Mumbai Terminus.

in my language, 150 years is never called "history". The following are stuff that I call "history":

3300 years old, in Shanghai Museum
2273473386893839969.jpg

2300 years old, in Shanghai Museum
74765041609536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom