What's new

Shanghai and Mumbai railway stations compared

enjoy it, and I hope everyone in that building can stay healthy.

Web+I%27m+Lovin+ItMcDs_Print.jpg

There is no question about its elegant appearance. The problems here is:

as the central station, it is accessed by many locals/visitors on a daily basis, it is probably the busiest station in the country, then why the central government refuse to fund a real clean up? why such key infrastructure is not carefully maintained? Probably because the regime never care about it?

time to hold a real uprising against the regime in new delhi which systematically failed generations of indians for 6 decades.

I find the point behind what you say peaceful. and I agree completely in that Indian railway is not anymore a government org and is now interested in profts but doesnt improve facilities or even safety. But to be fair to them, does your shanghai railway also charge you 0.4 INR(0.008$) per km?

You must not compare the buildings or structures..............but you must compare the facilities provided to general public........If those facilities are good rest is nothing....except buildings, stones etc.

I find the point behind what you say peaceful. and I agree completely in that Indian railway is not anymore a government org and is now interested in profts but doesnt improve facilities or even safety. But to be fair to them, does your shanghai railway also charge you 0.4 INR(0.008$) per km?

we can't have such ticket price competition with india, the operational costs here is completely different. e.g. in Shanghai, an unskilled migrant worker get paid for $400-500/month and the employer needs to provide lunch.

so such a worker's monthly income can buy 20 single tickets from Shanghai to Beijing (1463km). the train is not that fancy, but the condition is still far better than what I saw in india.

Ticket price, distance about the mentioned Shanghai to Beijing train.
1461|1461´Î»ð³µÊ±¿Ì±í|1461´ÎÁгµ²éѯ

train condition:
20099994902.jpg

What is right needs to be appreciated & learnt from.

The Railway station at Shanghai stands out for its cleanliness, orderliness and being completely stress free . In fact traveling by rail in China is quite an experience. The Platforms stand out for their complete absence of crowds - passengers have to wait in designated areas till the train reaches the platform & only then are they allowed to access their train - no vendors, no stall , no porters . This is in stark comparison to the hustle bustle of any Indian Railway Platform.

One thing Chinese railways must do is to put signboards in english as well.

Indian Railways would do well to learn.

Funny I pointed out things India should learn from other and folks just attacked me saying India doesn't need to do so...Good to see there are individuals who aren't blindly patriotic.....Call a spade a spade!

Funny I pointed out things India should learn from other and folks just attacked me saying India doesn't need to do so...Good to see there are individuals who aren't blindly patriotic.....Call a spade a spade!

railways are a lifeline for the uneven INdia and are meant to be damn cheAP!!! SO THAT POOREST OF THE POOR CAN TRAVEL TO THE FARTHEST DISTANCES!!!!look at indian airports they are as good as chinese peers and those who aren't will become so in next 2-3 years!!!

Back
Top Bottom