What's new

Shahzeb Khan murder: Parents pardon culprits 'in the name of Allah'

please have a heart for the poor parents. They've lost a child. With heavy heart they are forced to 'forgive' we know not

Not in the name of allah in the name of money would be a better title.

BT0tmAfCIAA7Nmv.jpg

Chairman Pakistan Ulema Council says Shahzeb case does not fall in Qisas or Diyat, it deserve maximum punishment

On what basis are u claiming that this family is not Pukhtoon? Do you have blood relation with this family? When you don't know something better keep your mouth shut.

They are relatives of nabil gobol, gobol family is balochi/sindhi not pushtoon. Nabil gobol and his other relatives have disowned them "la taluq" for not giving justice to the kid and running after the money/visas.

So yes I know something you can keep quiet and sit in the corner.

No deal in return for culprits' pardon: Shahzeb Khan's father

Shahzeb Khan’s father Aurangzeb said Tuesday in a TV show “To The Point” on Express News that he had not entered into any deal, and had pardoned his son’s murderers without being forced.

Shahrukh Jatoi, Nawab Siraj Talpur, Nawab Sajjad Talpur and Ghulam Murtaza Lashari had earlier been handed down the death sentence and life imprisonment for the murder of Shahzeb Khan, in a case that had gripped the nation’s attention for its significance as a test case for delivering justice amidst the travesties of class difference.

Speaking about his decision, Aurangzeb said, “I cannot even think of agreeing to a deal with anyone. I have not agreed to a pardon under duress, but there are complications.”

Shahzeb’s father did not indicate what the “complications” were.

“I went to the court all alone for nine months. The case was no where near the finish lane. I have just reached a point where I want to leave everything to God,” said Aurangzeb.

He claimed that Sikandar Jatoi, the father of Shahrukh Jatoi had visited his house six times to ask for a pardon.

‘No one will be harmed’

Asserting that he had not pardoned the culprit to harm anyone, Shahzeb’s father said, ”Ibrahim Jatoi who is also an MNA of the National Peoples Party (NPP) has guaranteed no one will harm the witnesses.”

Responding to a query about the family leaving for Australia, he said, “we had applied for visas when everyone had suggested that we leave the country out of concern for our safety”.

He said the visas had not arrived as part of any deal.

Aurangzeb said, “I’m not going anywhere. Why would I leave my country? I will make sure that the witnesses of the case are safe.”

Responding to the question about his relation with Muttahida Qaumi Movement MNA Nabil Gabol, he said, “If it hadn’t been for Nabil Gabol, the FIR would not have been filed.”

“I respect everyone’s views but I did what I had to keeping in mind everyone’s interests,” he said, adding that Shahzeb’s friends were skipping their classes to devote their attention to a case that would have taken several months to resolve.

All four murderers had appealed to the Sindh High Court six days after a Karachi Anti-Terrorism Court had handed down the death penalty to prime suspects Shahrukh Jatoi and Nawab Siraj Talpur and life imprisonment for co-accused Nawab Sajjad Ali Talpur and Ghulam Murtaza Lashari for their involvement in the gruesome murder of Shahzeb Khan on the night of December 24-25, 2012 in the upscale DHA neighbourhood of Karachi.

“Parents must have pardoned the culprits under duress”

Speaking in the same TV show, Shahzeb Khan’s aunt said that she was sure if “Shahzeb’s parents had signed anything, it was under duress”.

Quoting Shahzeb’s father, Aurganzeb, the victim’s aunt said that he always wanted the culprits to face the consequences of their actions.

“He would never have pardoned the culprits,” she said.

Talking about the ordeal that Shahzeb’s family had to face on a regular basis, she said, “Shahzeb’s was not the only blood that our family saw. Aurangzeb was continuously beaten and our family elders had to often take him to the hospital, bleeding.”

“Ziauddin Hospital has records of the injuries he had suffered,” she added, while stating that her brother was injured even now.

Talking about the hue and cry that was raised on social media over the pardon, she said that Shahzeb was not only Aurangzeb and Ambreen’s son but he is the entire nation’s child.

“The conviction of Jatoi should not be reversed based on the signature of a single family,” she said.

She also maintained that the Aurangzeb and Ambreen were not in touch with any of the family members since the last six months.

“Even Ambreen’s sisters had no idea that the family was planning on pardoning the convicted,” she said.

Where the entire government machinery is involved in saving the murderer, what difference does it make if the family do so?

Yes the family can be pressurized, yes brothers and sisters can sell blood of their brother but I am not ready to accept that parents can sell blood of their only son. The family may have been subject to immense pressure to which they have scumbed to. Imagine the power of the family whose murdrer son was sent abroad by not less than the first house of the country. Still ATC is there, lets see will of state and judiciary to punish the culprits, though I have my apprehensions.

Look at that mf murderer how he was showing victory sign & giving his midd13 finger to everyone.

Why Shahzeb's parents pardon him is out of my mind atleast.

If they were so Islamic then they should have never said & i Quote . " No Money can Buy Our Son , He will get Justice , We will nto Forgive his Killers " .

unfortunately .. some political pressure Namely " Nabeel Gabool of MQM " and a Certain PPP minister plus Rs.370m & Australian visa was what needed to give Justice to their Son .

Islamic Law does not mean you have to force the victim to take blood Money .

The religiousness of the people who can take money and pardon the murderer , doesn't matter . That is how the specific Islamic law works . How does one gauge it anyway ?

But then again , there's no way to know the intentions of the person , is there ? How can the system implement it practically ? Whether they took it in good faith/intentions or not cant be determined by the judiciary . After all , they just took the ' blood money ' as per the law and due to the ' forgiving rights ' they had . The killer will be freed according to the same . The law worked , like its supposed to be .

After the extensive support by the public of Pakistan and the Chief Justice himself , it doesn't take a genius long to understand that there was no compulsion/ force/harassment involved . Even if it was there after the death sentence , the family withstood that pressure and threats from the day , their son was murdered . Did they just lose hope after their son's killer was sentenced to death ? . Its all about the money and pure greed , nothing else . I see no other way to look at this whole tragic ending .

Did they take blood money... ? is blood money legal in pakistan.. like some ME countries.

Did they take blood money... ? is blood money legal in pakistan.. like some ME countries.

Legal or not this should be sent to cold storage for a few years until people become enough civilized for now we need "Pakistani laws aka danda law". In US/Canada/West if someone commits crime the case goes to State and then no one says anything only law/judiciary/anti terror courts proves guilty/non guilty. Believe me you can't even talk to opposition lawyer unless you lawyer is there and that too can only be discussed in special rooms in Courts not outside.

Legal or not this should be sent to cold storage for a few years until people become enough civilized for now we need "Pakistani laws aka danda law". In US/Canada/West if someone commits crime the case goes to State and then no one says anything only law/judiciary/anti terror courts proves guilty/non guilty. Believe me you can't even talk to opposition lawyer unless you lawyer is there and that too can only be discussed in special rooms in Courts not outside.

well am curious to know when this blood money came into your law, as we inherited same law from british.

well am curious to know when this blood money came into your law, as we inherited same law from british.

This is a broad subject but one thing is this should be debated to death before allowed in Pakistan because blood money is part of sharia this means either implement sharia or british/pakistan spin off laws. Like I told you people are not civilized enough therefore the blood money should be put on backburner for a few years and strict punishment should be prescribed.

This is disgusting. I can't believe their law allows rich people to get away with murder.

The religiousness of the people who can take money and pardon the murderer , doesn't matter . That is how the specific Islamic law works . How does one gauge it anyway ?

But then again , there's no way to know the intentions of the person , is there ? How can the system implement it practically ? Whether they took it in good faith/intentions or not cant be determined by the judiciary . After all , they just took the ' blood money ' as per the law and due to the ' forgiving rights ' they had . The killer will be freed according to the same . The law worked , like its supposed to be .

After the extensive support by the public of Pakistan and the Chief Justice himself , it doesn't take a genius long to understand that there was no compulsion/ force/harassment involved . Even if it was there after the death sentence , the family withstood that pressure and threats from the day , their son was murdered . Did they just lose hope after their son's killer was sentenced to death ? . Its all about the money and pure greed , nothing else . I see no other way to look at this whole tragic ending .

x4274_30671851.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Vtdd8Nc9To.jpg

CM and Governor approved the summary of pardoning Shahrukh Jatoi beyond their mandate, returned with objections by Ch Nisar
1824.gif

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom