What's new

Shahzeb Khan murder: Parents pardon culprits 'in the name of Allah'

@Zarvan

I know the flaws in the current judicial system/laws/system . Top to Bottom . Right from where someone launches FIR . What you fail to comprehend that in this case , due to the involvement from the Chief Justice and the civil society of Pakistan - public pressure . The culprit was apprehended , kept in jail , brought back after he escaped to Dubai and charged with death sentence by the same English/spin off system , setting an example . The ' blood money ' thing isn't in the Anglo Saxon laws , its in the Islamic laws . You need to transform your society first , make sure they are mature before implementing this forgiveness for money drama . I fail to see the pressure part , we are well aware of the immense one on the family since day 1 , what except greed made them change their mind after the murderer was slated to be hanged ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,then why shias are being in mass numbers in Pakistan?

Kid , I will tell you one thing right here .

Continue to troll like this , post off topic crap in different threads and expect anyone to answer it and you wont really be able to do 100 posts here because of infractions/ban . :azn:

exactly.. if there was rule of law in pakistan..first of CJ would not have to take suo moto on this case.. secondly trhe culrprits would not fly abroad on fake passport .. thirdly there would not have any threat to the witnesses.. and fourthly the culprits would not have to get scared and confine to their homes..

there is no rule of law in pakistan. period. If i have money i can do any thing and no one can dare stand in front of me,.. the blood of the poor is for sale! sorry for free.. the first step in such cases must be to repeal the Diyat and Qisas law.. this is abuse of Islamic law what poerful and rich people do.. first establish rule of law and then implement Qisas and Diat....

@MM_Haider

The family is settled fine in Australia after taking the huge sum of money according to the same law and the killer is pardoned . Either implement it or repeal it altogether . After all , this isn't the first time , it is being abused to hell ! Shahzaib's parents have ' cashed out ' their son's death , to their maximum benefit - got the best deal , because of the same ' Diyyat ' and ' Qisas ' .

exactly.. if there was rule of law in pakistan..first of CJ would not have to take suo moto on this case.. secondly trhe culrprits would not fly abroad on fake passport .. thirdly there would not have any threat to the witnesses.. and fourthly the culprits would not have to get scared and confine to their homes..

there is no rule of law in pakistan. period. If i have money i can do any thing and no one can dare stand in front of me,.. the blood of the poor is for sale! sorry for free.. the first step in such cases must be to repeal the Diyat and Qisas law.. this is abuse of Islamic law what poerful and rich people do.. first establish rule of law and then implement Qisas and Diat....

In fact all statutory laws made in the name of Islamic Law needs to be revisited and harmonised with the actual concept of law. Right now all these laws are manmade and non coherent with divine laws.

non coherent with divine laws.

This particular ' blood money ' one wasn't man made . Please , do not twist it up . @Armstrong Need opinion .

Adapt the divine laws according to the 21st century first , to be practical and effective in the current era - allow the admittance of evidence based on latest technology * DNA testing / finger prints / facial recognition / cameras / other assorted forensics * and refine them , instead of advocating and chanting for ' not a thing is to be changed ' . How many times are four people going to witness a rape at a time ? How do you judge intentions and gauge the religiousness of a person ?

This particular ' blood money ' one wasn't man made . Please , do not twist it up . @Armstrong Need opinion .

Adapt the divine laws according to the 21st century first , to be practical and effective in the current era - allow the admittance of evidence based on latest technology * DNA testing / finger prints / facial recognition / cameras / other assorted forensics * and refine them , instead of advocating and chanting for ' not a thing is to be changed ' . How many times are four people going to witness a rape at a time ? How do you judge intentions and gauge the religiousness of a person ?

Diyat is not applicable in cold blooded murder.

Applicable for both intentional and non intentional murders to the best of my knowledge . What does that tell you ?

This is the interpretation, in reality it is not for cold blooded murder.

This is the interpretation, in reality it is not for cold blooded murder.

This is the most widely accepted interpretation of the ' blood money ' by the Mullah/scholars/jurists . You and I having a different opinion on this matter , doesn't really count , my friend . One only needs to read the Arabian history of ' Diyya ' to understand what is it really applicable on .

This is the most widely accepted interpretation of the ' blood money ' by the Mullah/scholars/jurists . You and I having a different opinion on this matter , doesn't really count , my friend . One only needs to read the Arabian history of ' Diyya ' to understand what is it really applicable on .

Recently there was a debate on TV channels and most of the respected religious scholars (not Mullahs) have clearly stated that in this case applying Diyat is not correct. BTW in Raymond Davis case also it was wrongly applied, because he also killed in cold blood.

Recently there was a debate on TV channels and most of the respected religious scholars (not Mullahs) have clearly stated that in this case applying Diyat is not correct. BTW in Raymond Davis case also it was wrongly applied, because he also killed in cold blood.

I can still assure you , mate that it makes little to no difference . Majority of others consider it just and according to the religion . This isn't the first or second time , the law has been abused .

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom