What's new

Shaheen III | News & Discussions.

Apart from MIRV I dnt think an effective ABM face any problem while dealing with large number of missiles cause you can not fire so many ballistic missiles at same time and this what I want to say, this will give your enemy time to get prepare.
What you say?

Thats correct, unless Pakistan develops a robust Nuclear Weapons Program (like that of USA/Russia), volleys of missiles would be difficult to launch.
However, it also depends on the BMD's effectiveness (which in India's case isn't even functional yet) in countering Ballistic missiles which have countermeasures (chaff/decoys). In the larger picture, BMD's effectiveness can also be greatly reduced by taking out BMD radars by Anti-radiation missiles or cruise missiles.

I suggest you should go through this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-can-pakistan-counter-india-s-abm-system.html

Thats correct, unless Pakistan develops a robust Nuclear Weapons Program (like that of USA/Russia), volleys of missiles would be difficult to launch.
However, it also depends on the BMD's effectiveness (which in India's case isn't even functional yet) in countering Ballistic missiles which have countermeasures (chaff/decoys). In the larger picture, BMD's effectiveness can also be greatly reduced by taking out BMD radars by Anti-radiation missiles or cruise missiles.

I suggest you should go through this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-can-pakistan-counter-india-s-abm-system.html

:lol: To develop such kind of capability is difficult for both India n Pakistan due to limited resources and mainly money.

But India is in lead due to numbers (missiles, launch platforms.. a real fact)

And about BDM, some thing is better then nothing... Our own BDM is ready and will deploy early next year atleast at Delhi and Mumbai...... And no one know the reality about S300 ;)

:lol: To develop such kind of capability is difficult for both India n Pakistan due to limited resources and mainly money.

I never said that Pakistan can achieve that.

But India is in lead due to numbers (missiles, launch platforms.. a real fact)

How come?

And about BDM, some thing is better then nothing... Our own BDM is ready and will deploy early next year atleast at Delhi and Mumbai...... And no one know the reality about S300

Okay, so umm Pakistan's NESCOM is doing nothing about it, right?
Yeah I know about that too. Bought in the late 90s, S-300 is deployed around New Dehli and Chandigarh, and is limited to intercepting tactical SRBMs only (upto ~300km).

Kindly stay on topic, and if you have to discuss Indian BMD, post in the relevant thread.

Actually, according to my sources that I cannot reveal, the Shaheen III/SLV is a 3 stage missile with VERY similar dimensions and a range comparable to India's Agni V. A new larger first stage booster has been in development for quite some time.

Actually, according to my sources that I cannot reveal, the Shaheen III/SLV is a 3 stage missile with VERY similar dimensions and a range comparable to India's Agni V.

I sure you cant reveal this all :lol:

Yeah.. but ten cheap ghauris end up costing a lot(with the commission) as well.
A swarm attack would be brilliant if you overwhelm the defenses.. but that has to be successful only if you fire more than the enemy can handle.

Apart from MIRV I dnt think an effective ABM face any problem while dealing with large number of missiles cause you can not fire so many ballistic missiles at same time and this what I want to say, this will give your enemy time to get prepare.
What you say?

The concept here is to overwhelm the anti missile system, who says one needs an actual loaded missile to do that ?
It can be done with cheaper decoys too.

The concept here is to overwhelm the anti missile system, who says one needs an actual loaded missile to do that ?
It can be done with cheaper decoys too.

:what: Not in practice scenario... You just can not fire a ballistic missile with dummy payload towards enemy...

This will be funnies event in history of world if dummy missile penetrate SAM and actual stopped by it. :cheesy:

I'd highly recommend re-read your post and act a bit mature before making silly statements. You guys are very emotional and close minded and use these big terms for no valid reason. "A super power is being defeated"?? REALLY?
Here's the real view (and it'll hurt a little, sorry): Business finished. Al-Qaeda dismantled to a point where it poses little to no threat to the US and its allies. US bases are and will be in Afghanistan for strategic purposes.
That means keeping an eye on China and Iran and even Russia and other neighbors, the US military's ability to quickly conduct strikes in the region and control events as they want to due to assets that will remain in Afghanistan. After all this, it doesn't make sense to keep 100k troops when you have complete superiority in responding to any emerging threat!!
100K troops cause us to spend hundreds of billions and at this point, it may be a waste in the US government's eyes. When you can kill enemies with one short flight using a couple of A-10's or F-16's, why have thousands of troops sitting around? The US never went in with the idea to 'capture' Afghanistan. The purpose was to dismantle Al-Qaeda and kill OBL.

hahahahh you still think Al-qaeda and OBL is a real story ? ? ? they say we kill OBL where is the body ? he was no.1 terrorist and no seal took a pic to confirm his identity ? and there was Dna test then where are they ?? did you ever see the evidence they provide to back that they really kill OBL in pak ..... its worse than a fantasy story which a pathan and sadar father tells his son before sleep .... !!
they are here to DE-nuclearize pak , you so called COAS says that long time ago :) he was a former ISI director we can give a little credibility to his statement no ?

for your So CAlled superpower , please kindly google Vietnam war , i am sure you will have your answers ....we can not fight with US or any other country , because we now a divided nation with full of idiots fighting for , islam, cast , shia&sunni , a small civil war is already started within 3 states of pak , Sind ( look at karachi ) , KPK ( peshawar and FATA ) and of course Baluchistan, (specially thanks to our impotent politician who know RAW is behind but never dare to speak ) ...

shaheen III , gauri III and TIPU ICBM are just rumors nothing more so wash your face with water and wake up from this sweet dream :pissed:

Even after a lot of efforts to update the guidance on Ghauri.. its basically only slightly more reliable than the SCUD. The recent "falling skies" episode of the Ghauri test was yet another attempt by Rolex-Khan labs to fix the numerous problems in the missile... that clearly did not work out exactly.

@Oscar Sir Jee......this may look silly to ask, but pls allowe me ask "Why they do not instal Shaheen Guidance system on Ghauri resolve the its issue....??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. They are after all.. people.

I have a different theory.
Pakistan is not intetested in liquid fuelled missile anymore.because Ghauri needs about 2 hour preparation before launch but shaheen needs minutes.

Other reason is that Pakistan does not have enough fissile material for large nukes and thats why s heavy lifter like Ghauris not needed.

I have a different theory.
Pakistan is not intetested in liquid fuelled missile anymore.because Ghauri needs about 2 hour preparation before launch but shaheen needs minutes.

Other reason is that Pakistan does not have enough fissile material for large nukes and thats why s heavy lifter like Ghauris not needed.

Second is incorrect, the first is correct. But at the same time the professional jealousy bit is quite true as well.

Back
Top Bottom