What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

They can reverse engineer the drone and find electronic warfare vulnerabilities in a blink of eyes if they want

No it doesn’t work that way. Electronic warefare is a buzz word.

Ukraine is a large country it is impossible to put GPS jammers or anti drone devices EVERYWHERE. Further more anti drone devices have limited range.

Iran has built that drone with a clear understanding of how enemy radars, anti drone systems, and EW systems work.

No it doesn’t work that way. Electronic warefare is a buzz word.

Ukraine is a large country it is impossible to put GPS jammers or anti drone devices EVERYWHERE. Further more anti drone devices have limited range.

Iran has built that drone with a clear understanding of how enemy radars, anti drone systems, and EW systems work.
I dont talk about jammers.

I talk about reverse engineering, get the code of FPGA, search vulnerabilities in the code, none of that is done, and USA can do it, and USA took pieces to do it, but they dont do it, they dont want.

They want explosions, fire, blood, it's natural, those are Americans interests: A burning Russia, a burning Eurasia.

Only a perfect dumbfuck would think that USA interests and Eurasia interests can be the same in 2023, in a world decreasing in cheap energy and raw materials.

I talk about reverse engineering, get the code of FPGA, search vulnerabilities in the code, none of that is done, and USA can do it, and USA took pieces to do it, but they dont do it, they dont want.

And then do what? You gonna plant a virus in the firmware? You gonna hack the drone based on a back door in its off the shelf parts? Not feasible or irrelevant, but All that requires proximity to the drone.

You been watching too much Hollywood movies.

And then do what? You gonna plant a virus in the firmware? You gonna hack the drone based on a back door in its off the shelf parts? Not feasible or irrelevant, but All that requires proximity to the drone.

You been watching too much Hollywood movies.
Electronic warfare, buffer overflow bugs and things like that.

I think you dont know what you're talking about.

Those kind of bugs are present in almost every software.

Anyway, maybe you dont have luck and you dont find anything to use it.

But they dont even did it the endeavor of get the code of the FPGA, they dont want, they are not interested, and it's natural, those are the American interests: American interests are things blowing up next to Russia. American interests are NOT peace in Eurasia.

Twisted Americans are smart and they protect their interests very well, I dont criticize them, I would do the same.

Ukrainian and EU dumbfucks corrupt rulers actively work everyday against their own people interests obbeying American orders. I criticize them, they are despicable, hypocrites, idiots, and all bad thing you can say about a human being.

Electronic warfare, buffer overflow bugs and things like that.

I think you dont know what you're talking about.

Those kind of bugs are present in almost every software.

Anyway, maybe you dont have luck and you dont find anything to use it.

But they dont even did it the endeavor of get the code of the FPGA, they dont want, they are not interested, and it's natural, those are the American interests: American interests are things blowing up next to Russia. American interests are NOT peace in Eurasia.

No one is saying these drones don’t have bugs or are not able to be hacked. If you find a vulnerability you have to deliver it to the drone (assuming Iran doesn’t patch the vulnerability) same way when US/Israel find vulnerabilities on a centrifuge or it’s software they had to deliver the STUXNET virus somehow (on a thumb drive imported into the nuclear facilities).

On high end drones with few production models (RQ-170) that level of dedication makes sense. No on a suicide drones produced in 1000’s of numbers.

Even if you find vulnerabilities you have no EASY way to take advantage since you have no reliable delivery mechanism to exploit the vulnerability.

That is my point. Maybe you will understand now.

Russia is using them wrong. Russia is using them as cheap bombers in place of dwindling CM stockpile instead of going after radars/air defense systems/sources of radiation.
Inside the UAV there are a large number of unconnected connectors. We see it in the photo. Russia is using the cheap version, but this can be changed back to the full version at any time.
To search for radars, Russia has its own missiles. The UAV acts as a decoy.

No one is saying these drones don’t have bugs or are not able to be hacked.
A few days ago, Ukraine announced that Shahed had been hacked. You hear the echo of this fake.

Inside the UAV there are a large number of unconnected connectors. We see it in the photo. Russia is using the cheap version, but this can be changed back to the full version at any time.
To search for radars, Russia has its own missiles. The UAV acts as a decoy.

The cheap version is S-131 not S-136. Not sure why everyone refers to S-136 as the “cheap version”. It’s the one with Honeycomb Radar absorbing solution (RAS).

Or Russia could order a bunch of Arash with bigger warhead.

Russian supplies of air launch radiation missiles is dwindling or else it would be launching those as soon as it spots radars turning on to detect S-136 swarm. Radars and air defenses cannot be easily replaced. Production takes a long time.

lol
Ukraine lost fourth fighter jet (this time a Su27) along it's top pilot while trying to shoot down a Shahed131/136 drone.

Last edited:
This article was interesting:

also refereed to this article by Uzi Rubin:

lol
Ukraine lost fourth fighter jet (this time a Su27) along it's top pilot while trying to shoot down a Shahed131/136 drone.

At the rate things are going Shaheds will have more kills than the Su-35.

A very smart way of selling lethal weapon to Russia without getting caught,by disguise it as Iranian weapon
Only if China has bought the production license, otherwise it would be just a similar drone.

Back
Top Bottom