What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Interesting, but not unexpected. The guidance system will be the key to its efficacy. It’s the drone equivalent of artillery these days.

You are comparing 150KM distance with Iran’s 2500km original?

Iranian version has honeycomb radar absorbent material building (reverse engineered from Global Hawk and RQ-170) into the structure which allows its RCS to dip into LO category.

I doubt Turkish knock off or Chinese knock off come with honeycomb radar. Cheap imitations.

Iranian version has honeycomb radar absorbent material building (reverse engineered from Global Hawk and RQ-170) into the structure which allows its RCS to dip into LO category.

I doubt Turkish knock off or Chinese knock off come with honeycomb radar. Cheap imitations.
The Turks and the Chinese are premier UAV producers and stealth aircraft/component manufacturers. If they the design requires it, it not for a lack of capability they may have chosen to built these platforms with a limited range and of standard material, if that is the case.

It's 150km datalink range, not overall range.
I doubt Iran's Shahed 136 drones even have any data-link.

The Turks and the Chinese are premier UAV producers and stealth aircraft/component manufacturers. If they the design requires it, it not for a lack of capability they may have chosen to built these platforms with a limited range and of standard material, if that is the case.
China surely is a proven fighter jet producing country. But Turkey lacks the required infrastructure for building Titanium superaloys used in airframe of fighter jets. Let alone producing the stealth coating for radar absorbant body frames. Given the difficulties in enrichment of high purity Titanium, USA is the one that provides Turkey with their requirements. From engines to aircraft airframes esp in F35 program. For example, China is the only country that provides Pakistan with high purity Titanium superaloys used in airframe of JF 17.

China surely is a proven fighter jet producing country. But Turkey lacks the required infrastructure for building Titanium superaloys used in airframe of fighter jets. Let alone producing the stealth coating for radar absorbant body frames. Given the difficulties in enrichment of high purity Titanium, USA is the one that provides Turkey with their requirements. From engines to aircraft airframes esp in F35 program. For example, China is the only country that provides Pakistan with high purity Titanium superaloys used in airframe of JF 17.
Doesn’t the following Turkish defense company produce superalloys domestically?

Doesn’t the following Turkish defense company produce superalloys domestically?

They heavily depend on American companies. So i can confidently say no to your question, i have no doubt that USA never does complete TOT of its high tech industries.

Most of Turkish defense companies are an offshoot of American industries.

It's 150km datalink range, not overall range.
I doubt Iran's Shahed 136 drones even have any data-link.

Wrong.

Irans version has data link. The drone was created to eliminate valuable air defense systems and radars. It’s a cheap but higher end VLO asset made to open the area for CMs, MALE UAVs, and suicide drones to get thru easier.

Russia is using them wrong. Russia is using them as cheap bombers in place of dwindling CM stockpile instead of going after radars/air defense systems/sources of radiation.

It has a man in loop feature were it will loiter until the operator finds a coordinate than guide the drone to that coordinate. Or else it uses its 4 GPS/GLONASS cluster to fly predetermined routes.

Russia and Iran are creating a turbojet version which will increase speed and lower sound thus making it even more deadly. Iran has been using the drone as a major data gathering tool for improvements in that class/type of UaV

they may have chosen to built these platforms with a limited range and of standard material, if that is the case.

AKA cheap imitation. Thank you for repeating what I said.

Back
Top Bottom