What's new

Shadow of Brutal ’79 War Darkens Vietnam’s View of China Relations

Why did not VN return Cambodia country to Cambodian King, bring in UN security force, and leave within 1 year?
Please answer this in full essay showing VN true intention. Later I will reply urs.
I have a theory. VN at that time was not a member of UN. In fact many communist countries were not members of UN. UN was an organization established by the US after WW2 to counterbalance the communist block. So to VN UN was a US organization, no difference from CIA, or FBI. Of course VN could not entrust a US led force to reoccupied a neighbouring countries to carry out sabotage ops against the newly unified VN.

I have no comment or any ideas about why VN occupied Cambodia for over 10 years. Maybe our leaders have something in their minds, maybe it was true about what you said about our ambitious "Indochina Federation", maybe we feared that China or US would step in to fill in VN place when we retreated and use Cambodia to attack VN again. But I assure you that VN would never dream of taking on Thailand. So chill bro.

Yes, China gave you a spanking/lesson.
If you talk about profesional trained Chinese troops stallled by a bunch of militia and border guards then sure, Vietnam sure learnt a lot how to fight against China. Don't know what would have happened if our veterans from Vietnam war reach the frontline before China retreating?

Both Communist China and Communist Vietnam trying to export communism to Thailand are equally unacceptable.
We support Khmer Rouge for our survival against Communist VN.
We cannot wait until VN show true intention and invaded Bangkok.
If you ask us to prove deed, its too late. Our (romor) intelligence report is that VN general Pham Van Dung said that Bangkok can be taken within 2 hours at Hanoi.
VN withdrawal from Cambodia was not without our effort. In fact, we are No.1 efford to try international community to ask VN to withdraw.
The real reason VN withdraw is that we became rich. We bought F16 fighters, lots of them, and other military gears. VN initially better armed because US left her a lot of weapons. Seeing our well equipped army, and fighting endless guerrilla warfare with Khmer Rouge whose base is inside our territory. VN economy became leaky.

In final, we didn't want to destroy VN. We just save ourself and Cambodia, our ancient allies, and perhaps our long lost relative.
This is a Romor statement.

Our great General Chawalit Yongjaiyuth:

We 8 generals went to VN during Cambodia years. We met with high level VN generals, many of them vs just 8 of us. When meeting starts VN generals talk for 1 hours I don't understand the language. Translator translate and told us. All those VN general said was to condemn us for 1 hour. I said just only 5 mins.

Original text: What the general said.

ต้องขอขอบคุณสิ่งที่ท่านพูดมานี้ ท่านยังไม่รู้ความจริง ท่านจะรู้ความจริงในวันหน้า ผมบอกว่าที่เป็นที่รู้กันในประวัติศาสตร์ว่า เมื่อใดในภูมิภาคนี้ ถ้าไทยกับเวียดนามขัดแย้งกัน ภูมิภาคนี้หาความสงบสุขไม่ได้ แต่ถ้าเมื่อใดไทยและเวียดนามมีความเข้าใจกัน ภูมิภาคนี้จะมีความเจริญก้าวหน้าและสงบสุข ศัตรูที่ร้ายกาจมีอยู่ตัวหนึ่ง แล้วผมก็หยุดพูด นายพลข้างหลังลุกขึ้นเลย คงอยากให้ผมพูดว่าจักรวรรดินิยมอเมริกัน แต่ไม่ใช่ ผมหยุดสักนิด แล้วผมก็พุดว่าศัตรูตัวนั้นคือความยากจน เท่านั้นครับตบมือกันหมด

I translate:
"Thankyou for your speech. You still do not know the truth. You will know the truth in the future. I can tell you it is well known in the history that in this region, when ever Thai and Vietnam are in conflict, this region cannot find peace and happiness. Whenever Thai and Vietnam understand each others, this region will be in peace and prosper. There is 1 arch enemy......"

A Vn General in the back seat stand up. Perhaps he want me to say "US empirialism" but no. I stop a bit. I said. "The enemy is poorness." Everybody clapped his hands.

Because Thailand has found the arch enemy, which is the poorness. We fought war against poorness, and the communism just die away. When people stomach are full, they do not want to wage a war with the government, thus ending the resistant. For VN, we change Cambodia from battle field into trading market.

Changing battle filed into Trading market. An election slogan listen by Young me. It is this shining light. The light of wealth, peace and prosperity, that changed VN from foe to friend. VN withdrawal is because she wanted to be in peace and get rich.

General had identified the true and correct enemy. "The arch enemy is poorness".

Last edited:
If the communism ( Khmer Rouge ) is a harm to the people, Vietnam show their opinion to slaughter it from the country.

@somsak: as experienced army, it takes 1 week for Vietnam army to occupy Pnompeng,
if they want to occupy Bangkok at the time, to you, how long it takes?

Sudden and fast attack is priority, why they must wait for Thailand to modernize their army and withdraw after 10 year ?

I just want to say Vietnam never plan to occupy Thailand, their target is the remain of Khmer Rouge hosted by Thai. they never plan to occupy Cambodian land too.
We don't hear any complaint from Samdec Hun Sen

Last edited:
If you talk about profesional trained Chinese troops stallled by a bunch of militia and border guards then sure, Vietnam sure learnt a lot how to fight against China. Don't know what would have happened if our veterans from Vietnam war reach the frontline before China retreating?
That is because your leader is smarter than you. They know the likely answer to your question. They don't want to bet.

That is because your leader is smarter than you. They know the likely answer to your question. They don't want to bet.
Different positions make up different views. They have a lot to worry about but I don't. But how do our conversation relating to Vietnam leaders?

Why did not VN return Cambodia country to Cambodian King, bring in UN security force, and leave within 1 year?
Please answer this in full essay showing VN true intention. Later I will reply urs.
Vietnam army wanted to annihilate the rest of fleeing Khmer rouge to Thailand. Your country hosted the terrorists, that made you to our target.

we never had intention to occupy your country, though we had the means to do so. Since your country is a centralized state if our tanks reached your capital Bangkok, Thailand would be finished. Game over!

The risk of Khmer rouge returned to Cambodia was assessed as high by the Vietnamese army, hence the long occupation. In light of today, the 10 years were too long and therefore a strategic mistake.

America and China opposed Vietnam. That would be meaningless to bring the issue to the UN. We were backed by the Soviets and the Eastern bloc. Cold war sentiment was still running high at that time.

Last edited:
That' the way how a Viet Namese fakes the true history not long ago.
In 1969 China went ahead to create a war with Soviet Union and lost that war.
China always fear someday Soviet Union revenge.
They always fear.

Different positions make up different views. They have a lot to worry about but I don't. But how do our conversation relating to Vietnam leaders?
?? you asked a question in your previous reply "Don't know what would have happened if our veterans from Vietnam war reach the frontline before China retreating?"

Sino Vietnam war 1979.

What chinese women do here by graves of Chinese young people ?
Img307338332.jpg

and she is crying for her son. It is the lesson chinese mother learnt from Deng Xiaoping.
Sino-Vietnam301.jpg

Last edited:
You got wrong about Viet Nam's true aim. It is a greedy country, who always intend to expand its territory in all ways.
Today's south Viet Nam did not belong to it until three hundred years ago.
For the Cambodia issue, unfortunately, Viet Nam found a good excuse to cover its ambition. So you cannot persuade one who tried to lie from the very beginning. As Cambodia exists between Thai and Viet, Thailand has no chance to know what the nature of Viet Nam is, but China knows its all pasts.
Viet Nam is a typical double-face, born to liar, dishonest from the leadership to its brainwashed people. Before China, it is a pussy cat, while before Cambodia, not-existing Cham, it is an evil and greedy tiger.
Both Communist China and Communist Vietnam trying to export communism to Thailand are equally unacceptable.
We support Khmer Rouge for our survival against Communist VN.
We cannot wait until VN show true intention and invaded Bangkok.
If you ask us to prove deed, its too late. Our (romor) intelligence report is that VN general Pham Van Dung said that Bangkok can be taken within 2 hours at Hanoi.
VN withdrawal from Cambodia was not without our effort. In fact, we are No.1 efford to try international community to ask VN to withdraw.
The real reason VN withdraw is that we became rich. We bought F16 fighters, lots of them, and other military gears. VN initially better armed because US left her a lot of weapons. Seeing our well equipped army, and fighting endless guerrilla warfare with Khmer Rouge whose base is inside our territory. VN economy became leaky.

In final, we didn't want to destroy VN. We just save ourself and Cambodia, our ancient allies, and perhaps our long lost relative.
This is a Romor statement.

Our great General Chawalit Yongjaiyuth:

We 8 generals went to VN during Cambodia years. We met with high level VN generals, many of them vs just 8 of us. When meeting starts VN generals talk for 1 hours I don't understand the language. Translator translate and told us. All those VN general said was to condemn us for 1 hour. I said just only 5 mins.

Original text: What the general said.

ต้องขอขอบคุณสิ่งที่ท่านพูดมานี้ ท่านยังไม่รู้ความจริง ท่านจะรู้ความจริงในวันหน้า ผมบอกว่าที่เป็นที่รู้กันในประวัติศาสตร์ว่า เมื่อใดในภูมิภาคนี้ ถ้าไทยกับเวียดนามขัดแย้งกัน ภูมิภาคนี้หาความสงบสุขไม่ได้ แต่ถ้าเมื่อใดไทยและเวียดนามมีความเข้าใจกัน ภูมิภาคนี้จะมีความเจริญก้าวหน้าและสงบสุข ศัตรูที่ร้ายกาจมีอยู่ตัวหนึ่ง แล้วผมก็หยุดพูด นายพลข้างหลังลุกขึ้นเลย คงอยากให้ผมพูดว่าจักรวรรดินิยมอเมริกัน แต่ไม่ใช่ ผมหยุดสักนิด แล้วผมก็พุดว่าศัตรูตัวนั้นคือความยากจน เท่านั้นครับตบมือกันหมด

I translate:
"Thankyou for your speech. You still do not know the truth. You will know the truth in the future. I can tell you it is well known in the history that in this region, when ever Thai and Vietnam are in conflict, this region cannot find peace and happiness. Whenever Thai and Vietnam understand each others, this region will be in peace and prosper. There is 1 arch enemy......"

A Vn General in the back seat stand up. Perhaps he want me to say "US empirialism" but no. I stop a bit. I said. "The enemy is poorness." Everybody clapped his hands.

Because Thailand has found the arch enemy, which is the poorness. We fought war against poorness, and the communism just die away. When people stomach are full, they do not want to wage a war with the government, thus ending the resistant. For VN, we change Cambodia from battle field into trading market.

Changing battle filed into Trading market. An election slogan listen by Young me. It is this shining light. The light of wealth, peace and prosperity, that changed VN from foe to friend. VN withdrawal is because she wanted to be in peace and get rich.

General had identified the true and correct enemy. "The arch enemy is poorness".

Next time, your scout army will disappear in no time before you see where we are if Viet Nam dare to try the second time by test China's patience.
Sino Vietnam war 1979.

What chinese women do here by graves of Chinese young people ?

VN withdrawal from Cambodia was not without our effort. In fact, we are No.1 efford to try international community to ask VN to withdr
You got wrong about Viet Nam's true aim. It is a greedy country, who always intend to expand its territory in all ways.
Today's south Viet Nam did not belong to it until three hundred years ago.
For the Cambodia issue, unfortunately, Viet Nam found a good excuse to cover its ambition. So you cannot persuade one who tried to lie from the very beginning. As Cambodia exists between Thai and Viet, Thailand has no chance to know what the nature of Viet Nam is, but China knows its all pasts.
Viet Nam is a typical double-face, born to liar, dishonest from the leadership to its brainwashed people. Before China, it is a pussy cat, while before Cambodia, not-existing Cham, it is an evil and greedy tiger.

Next time, your scout army will disappear in no time before you see where we are if Viet Nam dare to try the second time by test China's patience.

We fully understand it, bro. They are greedy for land grab since ancient time. Actually what they grab was the land of our protectorate Cambodia. We even fought War with VN.
Siamese–Vietnamese War (1841–45) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore, I see Thailand and China is natural allies. Since the equation: enemy of enemy = friend always hold.

Next time, if China invaded in to Vietnam again the scenario is repeated again.

sino-vietnamese-war-chinese-veteran-searches-for-comrades-remains-01.jpg

We fully understand it, bro. They are greedy for land grab since ancient time. Actually what they grab was the land of our protectorate Cambodia. We even fought War with VN.
Siamese–Vietnamese War (1841–45) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore, I see Thailand and China is natural allies. Since the equation: enemy of enemy = friend always hold.

if thailand is don't learn nothing from your history, Thailand will be punished like uneducated kid. we will ask the debt from time you were by side with USA in Vietnam war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom