What's new

Shabqadar: 87 killed, dozen injured in twin explosions

This is not a revenge attack due to OBL death. TTP will keep sending their messengers regularly, some of them succeed and some dont.

Pakistan played a part in training the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets, not creating them. The creation was done by the Madrassahs with Saudi Arabia's Wahabi ideology, & the US that gave the money to create these Madrassahs. They also gave Pakistan money to train the Mujahideen. I don't know what is so difficult to understand here. No one is saying the ISI didn't play a role, it played a role in training them, but the Mujahideen themselves were created by Saudi Arabia & the US.

Financed? Yes. Created? No.

That's like blaming Austria for the creation of Hitler.

CIA was actually $hit scared to deal with brazen Arabs hence they used the ISI as their intermediary. Youtube "Tamim Al Adnani " who confirms this. Most of the CIA PhotoShoots at the time have Pakistani officers grinning with CIA counterparts, rarely are Arabs seen.

Lastly, trying to pin everything on a particular sect doesn't cut the mustard. Was the act of devout brelwi that gunned down the governor of punjab not an act of terrorism?

This is not a revenge attack due to OBL death. TTP will keep sending their messengers regularly, some of them succeed and some dont.
TPP has claimed this attack as a revenge to OBL death.

Killing innocents is the aim of TPP, what concerns me more that they are doing it on the name of religion.

dear bilal, why do you side step the role of Pakistan?

No one is side stepping the role of Pakistan. This is what I said before:

Pakistan played a part in training the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets, not creating them. The creation was done by the Madrassahs with Saudi Arabia's Wahabi ideology, & the US that gave the money to create these Madrassahs. They also gave Pakistan money to train the Mujahideen. I don't know what is so difficult to understand here. No one is saying the ISI didn't play a role, it played a role in training them to fight the Soviets, but the Mujahideen themselves were created by Saudi Arabia & the US.

RIP to the victims. May God give solace to the victims' families. Sad day indeed!

Look at TTP! According to them,they are avenging the death of that monster by killing cadets like they need an excuse to kill.

The Madrassas were setup as a brainchild of the Pakistani administration and the ISI mainly in and around Peshawar ; The funding though came from CIA and Saudi Arabia, were setup in Pakistani soil.

Let me ask you this ; How many factions formed the Mujahideen during the Soviet invasion ? Answer me this and i will say which faction followed what indoctrination, and which led to them forming what ?

Wrong, USA had no hand in it except funding the mujahideen in the form of weapons ; CIA, would provide funds, some weapons and general supervision of support for the mujaheddin rebels, but day-to-day operations and direct contact with the mujaheddin was left to the ISI. And the TTP which is blowing people apart in FATA now, is primarily Deobandi with the exception of LeT. What's your point on the difference between the Salfafist and Deobandi ideologies ?

What support did India provide to Najibullah apart from moral backing ? And what support did India provide to the NA ? Did it provide weapons, training and setting up of rival fundamentalist ideologies to counter the Taliban ? No, it just went with the group that could be counted upon to provide Democracy and stability in Afghanistan ; And Pakistan which has lived on 4 out of 7 days of the week under Military dictatorship, provided logistical and ideological support to the Taliban.

No point in talking to someone that doesn't know the differences between Deobandism & Salafism/Wahabism. I never said the US provided ideology to the Mujahideen, I said they gave funds for the creation of the Madrassahs which indoctrinated the Mujahideen with Salafism/Wahabism. There is a difference, I hope you understand that. They also gave money to the ISI to train the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. I don't want to be repeating myself again. The Afghan Taliban is primarily Deobandi, the TTP is a mix of Deobandism/Salafism. Al-Qaeda network is Salafi. The JeM was formed from the split of the HuM, which is a faction of the Al Qaeda, as is Lashkr Taiba, making them Salafi/Wahabi, not Deobandi. Don't know what to tell someone that doesn't know the difference between Salafism & Deobandism.

I know. They are keeping track of news. Next suicide attack will be blamed on inflation.
Do they really need an excuse?
Agree they need no excuse - Lets see how Pakistan tackles them after having such a long in camera session.

If you are indeed a Pakistani, why did you use 'your' instead of 'our'? And you clearly don't know that the NAFDEC cinema in Islamabad was closed down over 10 years ago. Hmmm....

If NAFDEC is closed what difference does it make? You know the location is still known as NAFDEC. Is the bakers castle also closed? Or did Rahat ruined the business of age old United bakery. You need to wake up and smell the coffee. You are simply in the mode of DENIAL not to mention that your mental age seems to be less than 14. I can use yours ours or theirs. Whatever I feel like. I don't have to prove anything to you. How about you telling me that you are not some troll from the planet of the apes. And as I mentioned I have also served in the PAF, whats your profile other than being a keyboard warrior. Wanna know details about my stay in PAF. 95th GDP Sqn 4. passing out June 1994. Anything else? Dude trust me I am much more patriotic than you are just not delusional.

Now coming back to the original discussion. You never answered any of these questions:-

1) Why did you let US and Saudis set up the madrassas to create militancy.
2) Once US left why did you have to support hikmatyar against Masood and attack Jalalabad. Why not let the Afghans sort out their issues themselves. Why so much foreign interference.
3) What are the casuality figures of Pakistanis(I damn care about Afghan casualities) caused by terrorism by Northern Alliance.
4) What did strategic depth mean?

I am sure you don have answer to any of these questions and the easiest way to dodge them is to hide behind excuses by questioning my nationality.

If NAFDEC is closed what difference does it make? You know the location is still known as NAFDEC. Is the bakers castle also closed? Or did Rahat ruined the business of age old United bakery. You need to wake up and smell the coffee. You are simply in the mode of DENIAL not to mention that your mental age seems to be less than 14. I can use yours ours or theirs. Whatever I feel like. I don't have to prove anything to you. How about you telling me that you are not some troll from the planet of the apes. And as I mentioned I have also served in the PAF, whats your profile other than being a keyboard warrior. Wanna know details about my stay in PAF. 95th GDP Sqn 4. passing out June 1994. Anything else? Dude trust me I am much more patriotic than you are just not delusional.

Now coming back to the original discussion. You never answered any of these questions:-

1) Why did you let US and Saudis set up the madrassas to create militancy.
2) Once US left why did you have to support hikmatyar against Masood and attack Jalalabad. Why not let the Afghans sort out their issues themselves. Why so much foreign interference.
3) What are the casuality figures of Pakistanis(I damn care about Afghan casualities) caused by terrorism by Northern Alliance.
4) What did strategic depth mean?

I am sure you don have answer to any of these questions and the easiest way to dodge them is to hide behind excuses by questioning my nationality.

1) I didn't let US & Saudi set madrassahs to create militancy
2) I did not support Hekmatyar against Masood.

Regarding 1), Pakistan has always traditionally remained a steadfast ally of Saudi Arabia & the US, so it saw no reason to resist them.

And concerning 2), as I already mentioned before, the events after the Soviet war were not chronological in nature, everyone (India, Iran, Russia) was trying to influence Afghanistan after the Soviet War, & India even influenced Afghanistan at the time of the Soviet War. India had no right to interfere in Afghanistan during or after the Soviet war, especially as it doesn't share a border with it, & it doesn't have security concerns from Afghanistan, but it did. Pakistan had to interfere in the region to protect its own security from other nations trying to gain strategic influence in Afghanistan, such as Iran, Russia & India.

3) I asked you the Afghan casualty figures, but you didn't respond. It's not possible to estimate how many casualties have taken place from all these years.

4) Strategic depth is what India tried to have in Afghanistan with the Northern Alliance despite facing no imminent threat from it (Afghanistan), as it doesn't share a border with it, just to screw up with Pakistan.

Can there be a CIA ism instead of wahabi ism and whatever other isms we are quibbling about?

CIA suppoted terrorism in Pakistan is very much likely..From where a bunch of weirdos get so much explosives to tear apart 87 people? Where the money and intelligence is coming from?

Regarding 1), Pakistan has always traditionally remained a steadfast ally of Saudi Arabia & the US, so it saw no reason to resist them.

And concerning 2), as I already mentioned before, the events after the Soviet war were not chronological in nature, everyone (India, Iran, Russia) was trying to influence Afghanistan after the Soviet War, & India even influenced Afghanistan at the time of the Soviet War. India had no right to interfere in Afghanistan during or after the Soviet war, especially as it doesn't share a border with it, & it doesn't have security concerns from Afghanistan, but it did. Pakistan had to interfere in the region to protect its own security from other nations trying to gain strategic influence in Afghanistan, such as Iran, Russia & India.

3) I asked you the Afghan casualty figures, but you didn't respond. It's not possible to estimate how many casualties have taken place from all these years.

4) Strategic depth is what India tried to have in Afghanistan with the Northern Alliance despite facing no imminent threat from it (Afghanistan), as it doesn't share a border with it, just to screw up with Pakistan.

What is your obsession with India?
1) Being a traditional ally doesn't mean allowing them to setup militancy. No you agreed to it. It was Zia's idea CIA joined later on for funding purposes. Zia would have done it without or without CIA and USA though the results might have been different. Pakistan wanted to support these fundos and the ground work had started way back in Bhuttos era. Hikmatyar and Masood didn't come up after Soviet invasion. They were already on Pak;s payroll since Bhutto. Masood was just not mullah enough to gain support of the establishment. So it was not a matter of resisting it was a matter of choice and Pak wanted to go that way.

2) Anti Soviet war was the only thing in Paks history that didn't involve India as the main player so no need come up with conspiracy theories. Pakistan's interference in Afghanistan after US left was not reactive in nature but it saw an opportunity to play the role of a regional power and fill up the vaccum but those at the top like Gen hamid Gul and others blew it up. They didn't want an independent developing Afghanistan but a satellite state of Pakistan. Doesn't work that way. There was a reason USA left and so should have Pak.

3) What I asked you was to compare the death toll caused by taliban/AQ/TNSM and affiliates with death toll caused in PAKISTAN by Northern Alliance terrorism. They keyword is Pakistan. I don't give a damn about what they have been doin in Afghanistan.

4) Strategic depth was a term coined by Pakistanis. Do you even have a sense of geopolitics? Why does Pak need strategic depth and not India why is it so crucial for Pak? How old are you?

Ref the underlined:
Don't let your limited knowledge of geo-strategy overrun and overtake you, amigo. India did not try to have "strategic depth" in Afghanistan, simply because India does not (because of her size) need to go looking for "strategic depth". India was there with the NA for different reasons.

Read up on "strategic depth" and why Pakistan feels that she needs it before bandying about that expression so loosely and meaninglessly. :)

Back
Top Bottom