What's new

Shabqadar: 87 killed, dozen injured in twin explosions

Strategic depth is what India tried to have in Afghanistan with the Northern Alliance despite facing no imminent threat from it (Afghanistan), as it doesn't share a border with it, just to screw up with Pakistan.

How the hell can India gain strategic depth in Afghanistan when it does not even share a border with that country like you have stated.

Do you understand the concept of strategic depth in regards to what the Pakistani security establishment makes of it?

I have told you this before and I will say it again, you need to seriously read on your history and the policies of this country.

I don't know what to do when I read your posts, I want to reply but you will just continue to deny whatever that has been informed to you.

You quite clearly don't understand what actually happened then. The Madrassahs created the Mujahideen, the Madrassahs were created by Saudi Wahabi ideology & US money. The Madrassahs indoctrinated these people with Wahabi ideology, & 'converted' them into Mujahideen.

How can a Madrassa create the Mujahideen?

Madrassa is merely the place for indoctrination of children and other youths alike. Similarly these madrassa's were run by JI and JUI throughout Pakistan with the help of our security establishment, they used them to recruit youngsters for their cause and then sent them for training to camps in the northern areas of Pakistan.

The Mujahideen were trained in the northern areas of Pakistan at training camps created by ISI, these camps used to have military experts from a host of countries including China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and more.

Also how can you convert someone into a Mujahideen?

Mujahideen basically means a struggler: Mujahid meaning 'to struggle'.

Similarly, some of these Mujahideen were being armed and trained by our Army even before the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. It was part of Bhutto's doctrine to arm Islamists in order to counter the PDPA in Afghanistan.

The favorite of that time was the extremist Hekmatyar.

The Taliban are majority Deobandi, not Wahabi, only the foreigners Arabs amongst their allies are Wahabi/Salafi.

Pakistan gave these converted Mujahideen training on combating the Soviet Union. Pakistan didn't play any part in creating the Mujahideen.

:disagree:

Pakistan played the most vital role in creating these Mujahideen.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

Just when I was hoping that Pakistan may be, just may be out of this quagmire but then Osama was killed in Pakistan. :disagree:

This nonsense just start all over and I don't see any way out of this hell hole. :tdown:

Pakistan must go underground for few years. :angel:

No point in talking to someone that doesn't know the differences between Deobandism & Salafism/Wahabism. I never said the US provided ideology to the Mujahideen, I said they gave funds for the creation of the Madrassahs which indoctrinated the Mujahideen with Salafism/Wahabism. There is a difference, I hope you understand that. They also gave money to the ISI to train the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. I don't want to be repeating myself again. The Afghan Taliban is primarily Deobandi, the TTP is a mix of Deobandism/Salafism. Al-Qaeda network is Salafi. The JeM was formed from the split of the HuM, which is a faction of the Al Qaeda, as is Lashkr Taiba, making them Salafi/Wahabi, not Deobandi. Don't know what to tell someone that doesn't know the difference between Salafism & Deobandism.
The only faction that took after the Salafi ideology among the TTP splinter groups was the LeT. JeM was definitely Deobandi. Please refer the article by Ayesha Siddiqa titled "Pakistan’s Counterterrorism Strategy: Separating Friends from Enemies" for the same. But most important of all, you are acting like a 12-year-old rote learner here. What is significant is not the ideology, what is important is the need to understand that the TTP consisting of splinters like the SSP, LeJ, HuJI etc. are not just targeting the PA ; They are targeting all those who are opposed to their (radical) version of Islam which includes Sufis, Ahemdiyas and Shias too. The bigger threat is not the WoT or the US, but is the fundamentalism and intolerance embedded in such groups that you need to tackle. The sooner people like you get it, the better it is for Pakistan and SA. Some of the moderators like Sparklingway and T-Faz understand this ; I suggest you talk to them, learn from them and most important of all leave your baggage of history behind to focus on your present.

1) I didn't let US & Saudi set madrassahs to create militancy
2) I did not support Hekmatyar against Masood.

Regarding 1), Pakistan has always traditionally remained a steadfast ally of Saudi Arabia & the US, so it saw no reason to resist them.

And concerning 2), as I already mentioned before, the events after the Soviet war were not chronological in nature, everyone (India, Iran, Russia) was trying to influence Afghanistan after the Soviet War, & India even influenced Afghanistan at the time of the Soviet War. India had no right to interfere in Afghanistan during or after the Soviet war, especially as it doesn't share a border with it, & it doesn't have security concerns from Afghanistan, but it did. Pakistan had to interfere in the region to protect its own security from other nations trying to gain strategic influence in Afghanistan, such as Iran, Russia & India.

3) I asked you the Afghan casualty figures, but you didn't respond. It's not possible to estimate how many casualties have taken place from all these years.

4) Strategic depth is what India tried to have in Afghanistan with the Northern Alliance despite facing no imminent threat from it (Afghanistan), as it doesn't share a border with it, just to screw up with Pakistan.
Do you know what Strategic Depth even means ? Or are you just the rote-learner that you are indoctrinated to be ? Your statements prove that you have no clue of what Strategic Depth is and you are just talking out of an anti-India bias/hatred that is echoed across your various posts in this forum.

Feel very sad for Paksitan, they are a big mess. I hope they come out of it soon. They need a good leader and I think if anyone can help them, it can be Imran Khan. There is no one else. Hope people vote for him.

Inna Lillah-e-wa inna elaih-e- rajeoon..

May the soul of innocents rest in peace..

As far as what to do?.. pick the arms up.. kill both CIA agents/CIA terrorists and other terrorists.. If one has to die, then die fighting with honor.. simple as that..

How can a Madrassa create the Mujahideen?

By indoctrinating them with extremist ideology?

Madrassa is merely the place for indoctrination of children and other youths alike. Similarly these madrassa's were run by JI and JUI throughout Pakistan with the help of our security establishment, they used them to recruit youngsters for their cause and then sent them for training to camps in the northern areas of Pakistan.

No one is doubting the indoctrination done by Deobandi run outfits like the JUI & JI. We're talking about a separate issue here though in my previous discussions.

The Mujahideen were trained in the northern areas of Pakistan at training camps created by ISI, these camps used to have military experts from a host of countries including China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and more.

No one doubts the ISI trained the Mujahideen in their training camps, to fight the Soviets. But they didn't create the Mujahideen. The Mujahideen were created by ideological indoctrination, which came from the Saudi Salafi Madrassahs, & the US gave funds to establish these Madrassahs as well. The US also gave money to the ISI to train the Mujahideen.

The Taliban are majority Deobandi, not Wahabi, only the foreigners Arabs amongst their allies are Wahabi/Salafi.

The Mujahideen was a mix of fighters from all backgrounds, such as Mullah Omar, OBL, Haqqani, Masood, Hekmatyar & others. After the Mujahideen split, they all went their separate ways. OBL formed the AQ (Salafi), Mullah Omar formed the Taliban (Deobandi), Haqqani formed the Haqqani network which later merged with the Taliban, Hekmatyar formed the Hizb-e-Islami group, Masood formed the Northern Alliance. In essence, all these groups are the 'children' of the Mujahideen. The 'Mujahideen' is like the mother, that give birth to 'children' like the AQ, Taliban, NA, Hizb-e-Islami etc.

Pakistan played the most vital role in creating these Mujahideen.

Again, there is a difference between training someone to combat/fight the Soviets (which Pakistan did, not saying it was right); & indoctrinating someone with a specific ideology such as Salafism, which Pakistan didn't do but which came from Saudi Arabia.

Do you know what Strategic Depth even means ? Or are you just the rote-learner that you are indoctrinated to be ? Your statements prove that you have no clue of what Strategic Depth is and you are just talking out of an anti-India bias/hatred that is echoed across your various posts in this forum.

How the hell can India gain strategic depth in Afghanistan when it does not even share a border with that country like you have stated.
Pakistan's strategic depth in the 80s:

T-Faz, insulting me mindlessly won't get you anywhere. Anyways, the response to your question:

Mirza Aslam Beg, General Zia-ul-Haq’s high profile army chief, is credited with the authorship of Strategic Depth in the early eighties. Theoretically stated, it was a proactive defensive strategy of securing ‘Islamic Depth’ in the west to counterbalance the conventionally superior ‘Hindu India’ by strengthening diplomatic and military relations with Afghanistan and the Arab world to the extent that in the worst-case scenario of India invading and overrunning Pakistan, the Army High Command could relocate westwards and use Afghanistan as a frontline ally from which to roll back Indian ‘expansionism’.

Strategic Depth, Strategic Assets and the Changing Dynamics of Pakistan’s Kashmir Game Plan

India's strategic depth is a strategy at securing 'non Pashtun depth' in Afghanistan to counterbalance Pakistan's majority 'Pashtun dominated Taliban' by strengthening ties with the non-Pashtun NA & Baloch BLA/BLF, to the worst-case scenario of Pakistani based militants invading in J&K, India could use the NA & BLA/BLF to attack Pakistan's western borders to roll back on Pakistan's 'expansionism'.

And peoples say Pakistan has soft corner for these bloody terrorists who are killing our innocent peoples

May Allah bless the soul of dead ones and give sabar to families of victims and destroy those who kill innocent peoples

Its might never ever be possible to come out of this terrorist-Jihad mess Paksitan has got into. How can you arm muslim youths to fight 'Hindu oppression of Kashmiri Muslims' and then not arm muslim youths who want to fight 'Christian oppression of Afghani Muslims'.

Its possible. They can and have guaranteed noone will want to fight Chinese oppression of Uighur muslims. Its not as out of control as we might think.

The only faction that took after the Salafi ideology among the TTP splinter groups was the LeT. JeM was definitely Deobandi.

You're wrong, JeM is predominantly Salafi. It also has deep relations with Al-Qaeda.

Counter-Ideology: Unanswered Questions and the Case of Pakistan | Rana | Perspectives on Terrorism

Dawood Ibrahim | Deep Capture: exposing market manipulation, naked short selling, economic warfare, and the financial crisis

The LeJ is a Deobandi terrorist group that kills Shias inside Pakistan.

what is important is the need to understand that the TTP consisting of splinters like the SSP, LeJ, HuJI etc. are not just targeting the PA ; They are targeting all those who are opposed to their (radical) version of Islam which includes Sufis, Ahemdiyas and Shias too.

First of all, the LeJ was formerly known as the SS. When the SS was banned, the new name assumed for the organization was the LeJ. I agree with you, but how does it add to the discussion here? I agree they have been killing Pakistanis & others, & they need to be eradicated. But please don't go around spreading false information about groups you don't know much about.

From now on only way is up for Pakistan. As soon as India and Pakistan can sort out Kashmir, they will accelerate quickly up.

As some of Pakistan army and intelligence are busy and needs it full resources to tackle the problem.

Also like to repeat what t faz said is true and neutral, hence he is a mod I guess.

Back
Top Bottom