What's new

Shabqadar: 87 killed, dozen injured in twin explosions

From now on only way is up for Pakistan. As soon as India and Pakistan can sort out Kashmir, they will accelerate quickly up.

As some of Pakistan army and intelligence are busy and needs it full resources to tackle the problem.

Also like to repeat what t faz said is true and neutral, hence he is a mod I guess.

I completely agree with you, but the bolded part is never going to happen.

USA kills binladen and Pakistanis are paying the price..does the bloody US still thuinks we have soft corner for these terrorist or our intelligence and millitary establishment is sheltering these criminals? The only agency which needs these terrorist is CIA..and Osama very well is / was a CIA asset.

And lets make this very clear, the idealogies have nothing to do with creation of terrorists. That is just a covert excuse to wage war on Islam.

Most of the millitants engaged stem from anti-Pakistani tribes of KP. Have you ever seen an Afridi or Shinwari taliban?? Secondly the talibans are not all that reglious for indiscrimately bombing and killing innocent people to begin with..if that happened in a forigen country under war, there could be excuses to justify that but its happeing in the midist of their heartland which exposes their loyality. Sucide is already forbidden to begin with and sucider will be banished to hell forever.

Taliban are the covert agents of CIA and their war is against Pakistan for the goals of CIA / USA great satan!

What is your obsession with India?

You were the one that started talking about India, not me. Want me to quote your post?

Zia would have done it without or without CIA and USA though the results might have been different. Pakistan wanted to support these fundos and the ground work had started way back in Bhuttos era.

And how do you know that? You're assuming a lot of things here, & your opinions have no basis with reality.

Hikmatyar and Masood didn't come up after Soviet invasion. They were already on Pak;s payroll since Bhutto. Masood was just not mullah enough to gain support of the establishment. So it was not a matter of resisting it was a matter of choice and Pak wanted to go that way.

It was first the Afghan Lashkrs that invaded Bajaur in the early 60s that wanted to form 'Pashtunistan', among many other actions inside Pakistan. Pakistan did the same to them later, & then India joined in by strengthening the Soviet installed puppet governments, interfering in the matters of Afghanistan. You say Masood was on the payroll of Pakistan, but then you say he did not gain support of the establishment. Which one is it?

Anti Soviet war was the only thing in Paks history that didn't involve India as the main player so no need come up with conspiracy theories.

I don't know if these are conspiracy theories from you, but more likely a lack of information, but India fully supported the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan:

Pak-Afghan frosty relations have begun to warm up | Asian Tribune

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

It also propped up Soviet pupper regimes in Afghanistan:

It chose instead to work with successive Soviet puppet regimes in Afghanistan because it cared little for the Islamist ideological orientation shared by a bulk of the Afghan mujahideen groups that Pakistan was supporting on behalf of the United States.2 India was also loath to cede its military superiority over Pakistan and relied on the Soviets to provide advanced weaponry at bargain-basement prices.

India-Pakistan Rivalry in Afghanistan | Journal of International Affairs

Don't know what you're smoking bro, but whatever it is, you gotta give it to me.

Pakistan's interference in Afghanistan after US left was not reactive in nature but it saw an opportunity to play the role of a regional power and fill up the vaccum but those at the top like Gen hamid Gul and others blew it up. They didn't want an independent developing Afghanistan but a satellite state of Pakistan. Doesn't work that way. There was a reason USA left and so should have Pak.

Pakistan was never in Afghanistan though, the Taliban were ethnic Afghan Pashtuns.

Strategic depth was a term coined by Pakistanis. Do you even have a sense of geopolitics? Why does Pak need strategic depth and not India why is it so crucial for Pak? How old are you?

Personal insults against fellow members are against the rules of this forum. Your question has been answered in Post # 249.

T-Faz, insulting me mindlessly won't get you anywhere. Anyways, the response to your question:

Strategic Depth, Strategic Assets and the Changing Dynamics of Pakistan’s Kashmir Game Plan

India's strategic depth is a strategy at securing 'non Pashtun depth' in Afghanistan to counterbalance Pakistan's majority 'Pashtun dominated Taliban' by strengthening ties with the non-Pashtun NA & Baloch BLA/BLF, to the worst-case scenario of Pakistani based militants invading in J&K, India could use the NA & BLA/BLF to attack Pakistan's western borders to roll back on Pakistan's 'expansionism'.

Bilal bhai what you are terming as India's strategic depth is India's strategy not geopolitical depth. Strategic depth for Pakistan is that in a war India will capture large land masses of Pakistan, so in order to mount a counter offensive the Pakistani corps will move backwards into Afghanistan and consolidate their position. The idea was started by General Mirza Aslam Baig. The main reason being the slim baseline of Pakistan. In order to counter this India's strategy is to make Afghanistan stable and insulate its sovereignity from Pakistan. India cannot have strategic depth even if it wants because of geography.

Afghanistan will do peace with the Talibaan and Pakistan should also make peace and look for a political solution. Any Talibaan that still take up arms should be crushed as it was done in SWAT and Lal Masjid Islamabad. OBL did not attack Pakistan and it is not our war anymore.

ISAF and Nato can handle their issues.

Bilal bhai what you are terming as India's strategic depth is India's strategy not geopolitical depth. Strategic depth for Pakistan is that in a war India will capture large land masses of Pakistan, so in order to mount a counter offensive the Pakistani corps will move backwards into Afghanistan and consolidate their position. The idea was started by General Mirza Aslam Baig. The main reason being the slim baseline of Pakistan. In order to counter this India's strategy is to make Afghanistan stable and insulate its sovereignity from Pakistan. India cannot have strategic depth even if it wants because of geography.

Allahabad ki shairi to suni thi.. afsana nigari bhi shuru kar di? :P

Who did this bombing? Was it the Indian? Was it the American? Pakistanis seem not to be sure - and as long as they are not willing to call those who did this as their enemy, events such as these will continue --

Is Shahadat good and desirable? - Well??

And if it's good and desirable, why then seek revenge for "Shahadat" of Osama?? He is a Shaheed, right? or not? --- Oh, I forgot, Pakistanis can't tell - they like living in ambiguity, it would seem. Happy trails.

BTW, just imagine the training if the security, after such a major event as the Abbottabad raid -- fool me once, shame on you, fool me over and over again, shame on_____ (fill in the blanks)

How can a Madrassa create the Mujahideen?

Madrassa is merely the place for indoctrination of children and other youths alike. Similarly these madrassa's were run by JI and JUI throughout Pakistan with the help of our security establishment, they used them to recruit youngsters for their cause and then sent them for training to camps in the northern areas of Pakistan.

The Mujahideen were trained in the northern areas of Pakistan at training camps created by ISI, these camps used to have military experts from a host of countries including China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and more.

Also how can you convert someone into a Mujahideen?

Mujahideen basically means a struggler: Mujahid meaning 'to struggle'.

Similarly, some of these Mujahideen were being armed and trained by our Army even before the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. It was part of Bhutto's doctrine to arm Islamists in order to counter the PDPA in Afghanistan.

The favorite of that time was the extremist Hekmatyar.

The Taliban are majority Deobandi, not Wahabi, only the foreigners Arabs amongst their allies are Wahabi/Salafi.

:disagree:

Pakistan played the most vital role in creating these Mujahideen.

T-Faz you are very wrong here brother. Training can teach a guy how to use a weapon and blow up a suicide jacket but cannot convice him to kill himself and hundreds of others. Teaching some one to fire a weapon is easy, the convincing part is the more difficult and is done by the so called Mullah's in these so called Mudrassas's by twisting the meaning of Quranic verses and the concept of Jihad. Hence i completely agree with Bilal.

Who did this bombing? Was it the Indian? Was it the American? Pakistanis seem not to be sure - and as long as they are not willing to call those who did this as their enemy, events such as these will continue --

We don't need to name them, any act against our sovereignty or against our people is an act of terrorism, its time we come out of name calling and just tackle perpetrators with iron hands, whoever they might be..

Is Shahadat good and desirable? - Well??

Yes!! Shahadat is good and desirable, top-most level a Muslim can achieve..

And if it's good and desirable, why then seek revenge for "Shahadat" of Osama?? He is a Shaheed, right? or not? --- Oh, I forgot, Pakistanis can't tell - they like living in ambiguity, it would seem. Happy trails.

One needs to study Islam to understand the meaning of Shahadat.. there are defined circumstances and conditions where one can achieve shahadat, in current situation, only the killed innocents and those who died in the service of country are shaheeds.. whoever died with cruel intentions, or in the service of evil (nothing to do with being Muslim or not) cannot be shaheed..

BTW, just imagine the training if the security, after such a major event as the Abbottabad raid -- fool me once, shame on you, fool me over and over again, shame on_____ (fill in the blanks)

Elaborate please?

Ha shayad Mirza Aslam Baig Allahbad se hi aaye honge :)

Have you ever heard of something called.. probability.. ?

Please do not use probabilities as developed facts.. did India interfered in "sakoot-e-dhaka" so that when Pakistan occupies their territories, they can go back to BD??..

you talk in details about Kunar, Nooristan, but completely silent about NW and border areas of pakistan with Kunar/nooristan. Pakistan army is in a complete cease fire with the terrorists in while our forces is in a constatnt battle with both paksitani and afghani taliban plus AQaeda on this side of the border.

Pakistan has conducted huge ground operations in Bajaur, South Waziristan & is heavily involved in Kurram & Orakzai agencies as well. How many operations of the same level has the US conducted in Nuristan, Kunar? They simply don't want to engage there because they know the militants living in the mountains will eat them alive, & they will have to suffer huge casualties with little reward. They want Pakistan to do precisely that though, lose a huge number of lives with little reward, especially with the militants going to their safe havens going into Khost, Nuristan, Kunar, Paktia etc. So what's the point in conducting the operation in North Waziristan, when the terrorists will just go to their safe havens in Khost with no US operations from the other side? As I said, after the Bajaur operation in 2008, Qari Zia Rehman & his followers found refuge in Kunar & Nuristan. So the hypocrisy of the US & NATO forces is mind boggling to say the least when they criticize for not doing enough.

How can a Madrassa create the Mujahideen?

I stopped reading after this. Just goes to show that you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Someone who doesn't know what a Madrassah does shouldn't really be a moderator on this forum. Someone who talks against Islamic militancy (on which I totally agree with you) doesn't know what a Madrassah does: your lack of understanding is astounding to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom