What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

With the induction of SH-15s, plenty of towed artillery pieces will become available - enough to raise command artillery reserves in the north.

There is no requirement of new towed guns and all reports pointing in this direction are mere wishlists.

If this is true,along with the VT-4 MBTs coming, that should be enough to make us go nuts with joy.

T5-52, along with SH15 was approved last year, thats for sure. However, news floating around point towards procurement of only SH15 at the moment.

T5-52, along with SH15 was approved last year, thats for sure. However, news floating around point towards procurement of only SH15 at the moment.

It could mean, given availability of money, T5-52 could probably be inducted at a later stage. God knows.

https://quwa.org/2019/03/27/denel-reportedly-in-talks-to-sell-artillery-to-a-country-in-asia-2/

Last edited:
T5-52 could probably be inducted at a later stage. God knows
Who will not want this beast as well!!!
T5-52_400x300_DLS.jpg

This is really how it is.

You have an armored division in Multan, but the enemy airforce, instead of targeting the tanks, targets the tank transporters. Result, a big dilemma for the GOC, only option left is that tanks will have to go on their own tracks till the border, ruining the roads and expending their fuel as well, God knows how many times they'll have to be refuelled.....additional logistics problems. This was just an example.

Every critical asset, such as tanks, AD, PAF, navy etc, has a VULNERABILITY. Superior maneuver, as we call it in military terms, can be that instead of targeting head-on these critical assets which will surely be well defended as well, you target their VULNERABILITIES, basically the needs of these critical asset. This way, you can isolate the critical asset and it will not be able to perform like it was planned to be.

Similarly, if, between the present location of an asset and its intended location, there are a number of bridges, then one can be sure that an attempt will be made to destroy those bridges from outset, maybe by the rival airforce. Measures to mitigate such actions include, strong AD around the bridges, placing of additional engineer bridges at the sites to replace or construct a new one rapidly, or.....our airforces can take out or suppress the airfields from where the enemy aircraft are supposed to sortie out. Multiple solutions are there.

From an offensive point of view, an offensive formation, keeping in view its intended area of operation of future, always, as part of good planning, takes necessary number of engineer bridges with itself in order to construct in case there are no bridges on the way or the enemy destroys its own bridges.
Sir where I am living people have seen previous year MBTs moving out of cantt for deployment , resultant the cantt roads were badly effected meanwhile narrow village roads have been disappeared and only muddy track is there, though now much has been repaired.

Sir where I am living people have seen previous year MBTs moving out of cantt for deployment , resultant the cantt roads were badly effected meanwhile narrow village roads have been disappeared and only muddy track is there, though now much has been repaired.

That is exactly what happens if a tracked vehicle moves on roads or streets.

That is exactly what happens if a tracked vehicle moves on roads or streets.

Unfortunately I was not in that office as my colleagues observed the MBTs passing by, however on lighter side the roads have been repaired though cantt road was better but the village side roads were already horrible o thanks to MBTs these have been repaired up to some extent.

Sir, how much effective Indian Bofors were during Kargil, meanwhile I have read that PA has effectively used QF25 on high altitudes meanwhile heavy Mortar option for limited combat is there. Meanwhile at least in Chamb and few other areas the SP guns can play their role.

It'll be tough with Singapore since it has strong ties with India. But the South Africans have a handle of sorts on artillery technology. Their G7 LEO is a 105 mm gun, but it has the terminal velocity of the 155 mm system, and it weighs 3,800 kg. So, we do have the option to partner or draw on their expertise to develop our own lightweight guns, tracked guns, etc.

Is there a reason to why Pakistan's has such a diverse artillery inventory except for financial problems. I know that we procured some from Turkey and then from China and both of them came with local manufacturing yet we stop procurement and even sent some of them back.
I am sure those old British 25 pounders need replacement, South Africa has always been an interesting proposition with technology that fit neatly for our needs Atlas Cheetah, artillery , Helicopters and yet we haven't done much in engaging them very seriously.

I believe the next great conflict after 27th feb will be up North, numerous skirmishes and operations have shown that both sides will keep North hot. With Indian armies recent procurement and restructuring being inclined for high altitude warfare i.e against China, i fear that it will trikle down to pak-india front as well.

Both sh-15 and t5-52 seems to be similar purpose weapons so does not make sense to go with two type if this news is true

let see when Confirmation is received via Janes or official sources

Sir, how much effective Indian Bofors were during Kargil, meanwhile I have read that PA has effectively used QF25 on high altitudes meanwhile heavy Mortar option for limited combat is there. Meanwhile at least in Chamb and few other areas the SP guns can play their role.

Bofor guns were as effective as any other Artillery on both sides. Troops in the open were vulnerable to all types of Artillery. While troops under overhangs etc were almost impervious.

Our Artillery, since it was s firing from its original positions on our side of LOC, was not that effective simply because it wasn't redeployed to cover all approaches towards areas which we had captured. Otherwise, wherever our Artillery intervened, it was swift and deadly. Indian accounts also support this, along with praising the accuracy of our weapon locating radars which helped us in swift counter bombardment.

We even managed to heli lift a field gun into Indian territory, which remained unnoticed till Indians reached the gun position. This gun proved to be of a great nuisance value since Indians were unable to silence it.

There is a vast stock of 25 pounders and ammo remaining. Quality of the gun is such that it is still effective. Being supplemented more with Italian 105 Pack howitzers.

Chamb is generally tankable country, good for all sorts of mechanized forces.

Is there a reason to why Pakistan's has such a diverse artillery inventory except for financial problems. I know that we procured some from Turkey and then from China and both of them came with local manufacturing yet we stop procurement and even sent some of them back.
I am sure those old British 25 pounders need replacement, South Africa has always been an interesting proposition with technology that fit neatly for our needs Atlas Cheetah, artillery , Helicopters and yet we haven't done much in engaging them very seriously.

I believe the next great conflict after 27th feb will be up North, numerous skirmishes and operations have shown that both sides will keep North hot. With Indian armies recent procurement and restructuring being inclined for high altitude warfare i.e against China, i fear that it will trikle down to pak-india front as well.

Sole reason for its going for diverse equipment is that we shouldn't be at the mercy of one country to provide us spares or maintainance. That's why we have multiple types of tasks, AD assets, Artillery, aircraft etc.

Both sh-15 and t5-52 seems to be similar purpose weapons so does not make sense to go with two type if this news is true

let see when Confirmation is received via Janes or official sources

There are some specific differences, due to which one of these guns has been slated for defensive formations , while the other is for offensive formations.

AH-4 and M777 is not easy to shift firepower quickly(less than 2 minutes). It will take quite a while, it's risky.

PLA produced AH-4 for export (UAE), but didn't use it at home at all. One reason is China lack heavy transportation Helicopter, the other reason it's not an easy job to redeploy artillery in Kashmir by Helo.

A few AH-4/M777 won't help much, we need SH-15 in big numbers to suppress rival.

@PanzerKiel better answered. Using helo and M777 is a not an easy tactic. India Army like fancy stuff, bling bling, like a woman. While PLA and PAF are pragmatic.
We should not be needing helis in Kashmir, if it has a range of 100 KM it can cover targets from tracks atleast if not metalled roads. Road/track network is fairly developed now.

Unfortunately I was not in that office as my colleagues observed the MBTs passing by, however on lighter side the roads have been repaired though cantt road was better but the village side roads were already horrible o thanks to MBTs these have been repaired up to some extent.

Indian Bofors were very effective but that was 1999, things have changed now.

There might be a spate of smaller reasons, but the main roadblock is our lack of finances.

It's not only the lack of money, but rather, the lack of available money. So, the armed forces always have urgent near-term needs, so most funding will go into that. That leaves very little for development or projects, unless the development route is the only one available for a needed system.

We should not be needing helis in Kashmir, if it has a range of 100 KM it can cover targets from tracks atleast if not metalled roads. Road/track network is fairly developed now.

????????

Indian Bofors were very effective but that was 1999, things have changed now.

They now fire a lesser range? Natural wear and tear on the ammunition? Gunners older? Please say what it is.

Bofor guns were as effective as any other Artillery on both sides. Troops in the open were vulnerable to all types of Artillery. While troops under overhangs etc were almost impervious.

Our Artillery, since it was s firing from its original positions on our side of LOC, was not that effective simply because it wasn't redeployed to cover all approaches towards areas which we had captured. Otherwise, wherever our Artillery intervened, it was swift and deadly. Indian accounts also support this, along with praising the accuracy of our weapon locating radars which helped us in swift counter bombardment.

We even managed to heli lift a field gun into Indian territory, which remained unnoticed till Indians reached the gun position. This gun proved to be of a great nuisance value since Indians were unable to silence it.

There is a vast stock of 25 pounders and ammo remaining. Quality of the gun is such that it is still effective. Being supplemented more with Italian 105 Pack howitzers.

Chamb is generally tankable country, good for all sorts of mechanized forces.

Sole reason for its going for diverse equipment is that we shouldn't be at the mercy of one country to provide us spares or maintainance. That's why we have multiple types of tasks, AD assets, Artillery, aircraft etc.

There are some specific differences, due to which one of these guns has been slated for defensive formations , while the other is for offensive formations.
first do we have chamb like i heard that we captured from india in65.
and why we didn’t captured kargil town in kargil war 99
and why we didn’t attempt for zojila pass.
and does the famous peak 5353 is on indians side or our.
and do we still have line of sight on nh1d

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom