What's new

Seymour Hersh Pakistan-US nuclear security plan

The stakes are now much higher in Pakistan than in Afghanistan or Iraq. The elite commandos of US Navy Seals, mentioned recently by Seymour Hersh in his New Yorker article, are reportedly part of a US team allegedly training to "secure" Pakistani nukes. Blackwater, renamed Xe, was founded in 1998 by former Navy Seals. Xe is on record as saying it has prepared tens of thousands of security personnel to work in hot spots around the world, without naming such hot spots. Soon after 911 terrorist attacks, the Bush-Cheney administration deployed private security firms on an unprecedented scale. Almost overnight, Blackwater transformed itself into a huge business funded to the tune of $1 billion by US taxpayers. The company obtained 70 percent of its contracts without going through the normal bidding process.

With the resources and backing of the US government agencies, Blackwater, aka Xe, has developed a lot of clout using a combination of large bribes and US government pressure. Given the well-known and widespread lack of transparency in Pakistan, is it possible that Blackwater is using the same combination of money and power to persuade Pakistani politicians and officials to allow it operate with impunity? Only time will tell. But the signs are clearly troubling.

Haq's Musings: Blackwater Bribing in Pakistan?

Remember, if 26/11 was an embaressment for pakistan, pakistanis denied the very existance of kasab, his village, his national identity number, his parents etc. And who were issuing those denials? right from the ranks of Gilani, Rehman malik, kayani, ISPR, ISI, Paks embassy in washington/ in India etc. And people who accepted the possibility of charges being true were sacked (NSA durrani), outright.

If 26/11 should be an embarrassment to anyone it should be the Indians.

10 men enter Mumbai riding in a rubber dinghy(Rambo style):rofl:, and the great navy with all the surveillance in the world was sleeping, despite reports.

Taking cabs and then blowing them up (Full bollywood style), why would you blow up a Cab and attract so much unwanted attention.

2 Men kill 52 and injure another 110 at one of the busiest Railway stations in the worlds and there was not even one Law enforcement Official, from there they walk out on the road and then kill some more.

The best were the phone calls from the terrorists to the News channels.:cheesy:

The ATS chief Karkare who arrested Col.Prohit (M.I) & Pragya Thakur for their involvement in Melagon & Samjhota Express gets killed under suspicious circumstances along with the top brass of ATS.(wife rejects compensation):woot:

Terrorists wearing saffron bands and speaking marathi (Indian local language)

No Indian arrested for involvement, I'm sure the terrorists were using Tomtom for navigation on mumbai roads....

waiting for evidence from the Indian government which they still haven't been able to provide despite the James Bond abilities of its Media who were able to unfold the whole drama within hours.

Think again who should be embarrassed.

Now as far the Seymore Hersh article goes.... the man has no credible evidence and only based on speculations... He wasn't offered Johnnie Walker so that gives him all the reasons to believe the Pakistani officials are becoming extremists, this is just absurd.
It is obvious from his article that he has no knowledge over how the security of top secret installations work. But it sure has been a big hit amongst all those who perceive things in the context of Hollywood movies.

The ATS chief Karkare who arrested Col.Prohit (M.I) & Pragya Thakur for their involvement in Melagon & Samjhota Express gets killed under suspicious circumstances along with the top brass of ATS.(wife rejects compensation):woot:

Terrorists wearing saffron bands and speaking marathi (Indian local language)

No Indian arrested for involvement, I'm sure the terrorists were using Tomtom for navigation on mumbai roads....

He wasn't offered Johnnie Walker so that gives him all the reasons to believe the Pakistani officials are becoming extremists, this is just absurd.
It is obvious from his article that he has no knowledge over how the security of top secret installations work

Yet another typical stereotype pakistani mentality here, blind faith in Hamid Zaids absurd theories, and of course PLAIN DENIAL ....

WASHINGTON, Nov. 11 (UPI) -- The United States has no intention of taking control of the Pakistani nuclear arsenal as Islamabad deals with a growing insurgent threat, Washington said.

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh writing in The New Yorker implies Washington and Islamabad have made arrangements that "would allow specially trained American units to provide added security for the Pakistani arsenal in case of a crisis."

Gen. Tariq Majid, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff for the Pakistani military, bluntly rejected the allegations, noting Pakistan had the resources to protect its nuclear material, Pakistan's Dawn newspaper reports.

"Our security apparatus has the capacity and is fully geared to meet all conceivable challenges, therefore we do not need to negotiate with any other country to physically augment our security forces, which in any case, we believe, are more capable than their forces," he stressed.

His comments were echoed by Ian Kelly, a spokesman for the U.S. State Department, who told reporters that while Washington does offer assistance in terms of security and other initiatives, there are no plans to seize Pakistani nuclear materials.

"We have confidence in the ability of the Pakistani government to provide adequate security for their nuclear programs and materials," he said. "And we have a number of security assistance initiatives that are focused on strengthening counterinsurgency capacities to foster stability."

The stakes are now much higher in Pakistan than in Afghanistan or Iraq. The elite commandos of US Navy Seals, mentioned recently by Seymour Hersh in his New Yorker article, are reportedly part of a US team allegedly training to "secure" Pakistani nukes. Blackwater, renamed Xe, was founded in 1998 by former Navy Seals. Xe is on record as saying it has prepared tens of thousands of security personnel to work in hot spots around the world, without naming such hot spots. Soon after 911 terrorist attacks, the Bush-Cheney administration deployed private security firms on an unprecedented scale. Almost overnight, Blackwater transformed itself into a huge business funded to the tune of $1 billion by US taxpayers. The company obtained 70 percent of its contracts without going through the normal bidding process.

With the resources and backing of the US government agencies, Blackwater, aka Xe, has developed a lot of clout using a combination of large bribes and US government pressure. Given the well-known and widespread lack of transparency in Pakistan, is it possible that Blackwater is using the same combination of money and power to persuade Pakistani politicians and officials to allow it operate with impunity? Only time will tell. But the signs are clearly troubling.

Haq's Musings: Blackwater Bribing in Pakistan?

Salam

I am really sleepless after watching the Shahid Masood program " Mere Mutabiq" where he interview Seymour Heresh a USA journalist who talks about the controls of pakistan nukes and talk about the XE and black water presence in pakistan who can move inside pakistan any where without any restrictions.

Rehman Malik the puppet firstly denied about this facts but yesterday he admitted he gave permission of 300 of them who can carry any thing any want and harassing the Pakistani national.

In shorts India and Israeli is only scared of Pakistan coz of nukes, i do know what is happening in Pakistan , do not know what these NRO corrupted people doing in Pakistan.

I wish i can do some thing about to protect my country.

Please comments on this.

Regards

Allah Bless Pakistan :pakistan:

Its a known secret now, i,ve already mentioned it in another thread in the very begining when these americans were coming to pakistan.

I not only told members how many were expected to come to pakistan but i also told where they acquired land, and what in my opinion they were upto.

I said they are here for our nuke programe, and these ground forces which would be fielded in the Capital by the americans will serve as a detterent force to counter any resistance by Pak army specially 111 Brigade in rawalpindi, if a situation arise in which the americans decide to take over pakistani strategic assets.

They are everywhere now...

Its a known secret now, i,ve already mentioned it in another thread in the very begining when these americans were coming to pakistan.

I not only told members how many were expected to come to pakistan but i also told where they acquired land, and what in my opinion they were upto.

I said they are here for our nuke programe, and these ground forces which would be fielded in the Capital by the americans will serve as a detterent force to counter any resistance by Pak army specially 111 Brigade in rawalpindi, if a situation arise in which the americans decide to take over pakistani strategic assets.
They are everywhere now...

Irrespective of number of Americans present at the moment, do you realy think that these handful Americans can face the might of 111 brigade plus the whole PA on their back, I dont think so. No matter what this ba$turd Rehman Malik does, trust me on his A$$ there is an ISI stamp already.:pakistan:

Irrespective of number of Americans present at the moment, do you realy think that these handful Americans can face the might of 111 brigade plus the whole PA on their back, I dont think so. No matter what this ba$turd Rehman Malik does, trust me on his A$$ there is an ISI stamp already.:pakistan:

You know what brother?

I,ve had blindfolded trust in Pakistan Army and ISI before musharraf came to power but now when he has left, he left with scars so deep on the face of the nation and Pakistan army that a miracle is required to bring my confidence back to the level where it was earlier.

I loved PA coz i was raised by them for the first 15 years of my life, i matriculated from APS & C. Love for PA flooded in my vains like blood, but... well... u can say, i,ve become skeptic of everyone...it seems as if no one is trustworthy as far as pakistan is concerned.

Now i trust only ALLAH(S.W.T), that he will protect pakistan, and i,ve confidence in ISI(unless untill they prove me wrong), but this doesn't mean americans can takeover our nukes, what i meant to say is their intentions to do so are very much there...

US is more intrested to control the cammand and control system of nuke assets.

2500 US soldiers are enough to control our country , they will increase their strength within one year .

5000 UK soldiers/officers were controlling whole sub continent .We should not allow them to enter in our soil.:sniper::usflag:

In words of General Hamid Gul

9/11 bahana, Afghanistan Thikana, Pakistan Nishana.

He predicted US forces on Afghanistan/Pakistan soil before 9/11

i dont think you should be worried about these 300 + foriegnors i am sure our ISI men are there watching them very close and they know back of their head if they do any thing stupid they will simply be deportd to Waziristan.

You know what brother?

Now i trust only ALLAH(S.W.T), that he will protect pakistan, and i,ve confidence in ISI(unless untill they prove me wrong), but this doesn't mean americans can takeover our nukes, what i meant to say is their intentions to do so are very much there...

Thanks for your message guys !

Well every body knows our government is puppet and well corrupted but they are dealing with foreigners against the pakistan sovereignty but Does army knows all about these activities and do you really think Army have some plan to engage to defend any thing,

As discuss in this program Hameed Gul pointed out some areas in Pakistan where these people are doing some activities and also have Heavy arm hidden in the house.

So just wanna know if army is willing to do any thing ....

i dont think you should be worried about these 300 + foriegnors i am sure our ISI men are there watching them very close and they know back of their head if they do any thing stupid they will simply be deportd to Waziristan.

Do you forget east india company?

Back
Top Bottom