What's new

Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

There should be more books on sexual education in all Pakistani schools from North West to the South. Kids need to learn family planning and safe sex at an early age. Sex is not a bad thing everyone does it here even non married ones. I don't know why it's a taboo and considered bad.

Thank you.

I just checked it out thanks to your informative post.Since you are aware of all this, I take it you also mean that it was practised in Islam and so it is nothing new.

A worthwhile information.

ummmm Islam prohibits extra-marital relations so whereas in legal marriage sex they never needed condoms and for family planning Islam has more natural ways and methods prescribed in Quran itself. so no question of use of this practice in early Islam viz a viz the commodity you are talking about.

There should be more books on sexual education in all Pakistani schools from North West to the South. Kids need to learn family planning and safe sex at an early age. Sex is not a bad thing everyone does it here even non married ones. I don't know why it's a taboo and considered bad.

Ideally you can say that but practically i bet you will never like to marry a girl with few illegitimate kids she bore in inappropriate relations or even into such relations.

would you ?

i bet not. not atleast in this subcontinental society

@ Peshwa
Me think Kama Sutra is a marvellous gift for teens...Hahaha

Absolutely!!
Its probably one of god's gifts to mankind. So much information, all in one place. And much before the advent of text-books and curricula and internet.

ummmm Islam prohibits extra-marital relations so whereas in legal marriage sex they never needed condoms and for family planning Islam has more natural ways and methods prescribed in Quran itself. so no question of use of this practice in early Islam viz a viz the commodity you are talking about.

Oh; you mean the "rhythm" method!
But that "rhythm" stuff does not always lead to "good music".

tell me briefly about kamasutra, you dont have to go into details.

In short, its a scripture on love making and sexual practices to please each other.....

Sex is a very important part of marriage and I feel it is one of the reasons many marriages break up...hence if one knew how to please their partner, it would lead to an environment of a "happier" marriage...
However marriage is more complicated that that and several factors go into what makes a happy/healthy marriage...

My personal opinion is that humans are not meant to be monogamous.....marriage is an element of living in society and many a times is more a compromise than true love....

@Jana can you please elaborate some of the methods mentioned in Holy Quran.....becoz as far as I am aware natural practices are nowhere as effective as modern methods of contraception......even condoms have a high failure rate.....only the ease of use and extra protection offered to diseases like STDs and AIDS.....in addition to being dirt cheap make them popular.......

Ideally you can say that but practically i bet you will never like to marry a girl with few illegitimate kids she bore in inappropriate relations or even into such relations.

would you ?

i bet not. not atleast in this subcontinental society

Im a very open minded person. As long as she serves me properly and truly loves me then I'm ready to marry her regardless of her previous relationships.

But hey at least she'll be more experienced lol. Jk jk

My personal opinion is that humans are not meant to be monogamous.....marriage is an element of living in society and many a times is more a compromise than true love....

Hmmm that makes sense......but can it be applicable regardless of gender......????

Absolutely!!
Its probably one of god's gifts to mankind. So much information, all in one place. And much before the advent of text-books and curricula and internet.

I'm going to go to Saddar and try to find the Kama Sutra book as it seems interesting.

Sex is not a bad thing everyone does it here even non married ones. I don't know why it's a taboo and considered bad.

If we can say something which adversely affect our social-familial structure is bad,then i think pre marital/extra marital sex is bad..

Im a very open minded person. As long as she serves me properly and truly loves me then I'm ready to marry her regardless of her previous relationships.

But hey at least she'll be more experienced lol. Jk jk

Then you are ideal candidate for arranged marriage......

PS: There was a sms joke about difference between marrying your gf and doing arranged maariage

Marrying gf: you marry you love
Arranged marriage: marrying someone else's love.....

:)

Hmmm that makes sense......but can it be applicable regardless of gender......????

Yes regardless of gender....

By nature....Humans are animals....ie. A male wants to get as many offsprings...and female wants the best chances of survivability for her offsprings....

So even in case of females, promiscuity is nothing more than finding the fittest animal....

Back
Top Bottom