What's new

Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

Sex education should first of all be provided to the parent. Only when they realise its importance can they realise what it means for their child.

I attended a convent school and in class 8 us girls were given a "talk" on it, it wasn't called sex education. Our Islamiat teacher briefed us on issues such as menstruation, keeping ourselves clean, and hygiene.

They never gave us any 'talk' in my convent school, I should have attended your school.

Anyway, as for the topic, Pakistan's population has to be controlled because one of the biggest obstacles to a progressive Pakistan is when parents who cannot afford to have any children, are having dozens just for the fun of it.

Gen. Ayub Khan was right when he stated that the biggest problem that would face Pakistan one day is its ever increasing population. Today we have a very high population, most of whom cannot be given the kind of rights and opportunities that they ought to have because of limited state capabilities.

Sex education is a must and it must be nationally taught to school children so that they can be aware of the many aspects of sexuality.

I don't know why people in our nation are so scared of talking about sex when they seem to think and do a lot of it.

Btw the source is crap, I cannot find any source for these protests except for The Mangalorean.

But it is possible because the work Sex makes a lot of people in Pakistan act as if something evil and destructive as been spoken about.

1) Natural methods:
1. Abstinence during fertile phase: Pregnancy rate of 25 per hundred women years
2. Withdrawal method (Coitus interruptus): 25/-
3. Breast feeding (when actually it's done...fails when bottle feeding is done...lol) : Very safe during first 6 months : Pregnancy rate 0.5-1.5.....not reliable thereafter

2) Barrier contraceptives:
1. Condoms: 10-14
2. Female condom: 9-30

3) Intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUCDs): 1-3

4) Contraceptive pills: 0.1

(All Given briefly so you can compare for yourself)

:)

Failure rate is assessed by measuring the number of unplanned preganancies that occur during a specified period of exposure when particular contraceptive is in use)

Formula: (Total accidental pregnancies/Total months of exposure) X (1200)

No need for sexual education. Internet is there.
Dont worry. Kama Sutra is a good book for teens. Hahaha (just kidding).

But one thing for sure that guys and girls are going to be more evil and hence are going to have a lot of fun in coming days....... :lol:

:lol: Asim look at the news it has mentioned that the Sind Text Book Board has approved it and being taught there so i will again ask is it wise to teach children of class 6 how to have safe sex in a province which is already ripe with Karo Kari incidents ???????/

I think I learned the entire kahani in my bio class in grade 7. I realized that the book is not encouraging safe sex, but just laying out all the options. So I guess grade 6 is fine and since its taught over a period of 4 years I think they will control how much of it is taught when. Plus there are so many more BS things kids find out anyway. You think grade 6 kids are not talking about sex? Yeh jo munni badnaam hui pe apne bachon ko poora Pakistan nachwa raha hai, you think the kids haven't figured out what makes the munni badnaam?

There is always something. In our days it was Baywatch and MTV was new. 6th grade means puberty has already happened and is in full swing. Anything can happen, you're just being an ostriche by thinking not talking about the obvious helps.

So what is it that you will achieve by protecting your kids from the rights and wrongs of sex? Theek hai deeni tarbiyat doh, but a kid that knows everything might be in a better position to make the choice of saying no, rather than a kid who just stumbles into sexual encounters by chance

Don't forget in Pakistan you can go out and find prostitutes easily as well.

@ Asim
But it is possible that sex education at this level may detract some of teens.

sex was never a taboo subject, it was always a spiritual bond between husband and wife.. well until Islamic invaders came.. However they also had "harems" so I find it as hypocricy. Besides children in pakistan should be able to be exposed to safe sex. This whole taboo of teaching or learning about it is nonsense.

They never gave us any 'talk' in my convent school, I should have attended your school.

Anyway, as for the topic, Pakistan's population has to be controlled because one of the biggest obstacles to a progressive Pakistan is when parents who cannot afford to have any children, are having dozens just for the fun of it.

Clearly you didn't go to my school, or may be we are from different times. Remember the schools did undergo Islamisation.

As for the second, they are not breeding like rabbits because for the "fun", it's actually primitive thinking about how more children=greater economic stability.

I do think so there is a need to teach the young ones about puberty at the age of 12 or 13 because there is so much changes going on in your body and its better if the kids are informed about it we started learning about these things when we were in 7 grade and about sex education when were in 9

@ Sammi
In this internet era, children know that what is safe and what is not.
I agree with you that sex is part of life but excessive sexual lessons at 6th grade will have negative results at children. More over, Biology and Islamic studies contain already contain relevant lessons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom