What's new

Sex education in schools should be banned, Union health minister Harsh Vardhan says

CHildren should be made alert of protecting themselve from sex abuse only.

Sex education is good for birth control than teach them at an age when they become mature enough to be parents. I have no objection to that.

Do not quote those idiot links. what they have written is not an yardstick or an universal truth.

Seriously, if you cant come up with something better than your outdated and false moral views, just leave it!

I`ve posted numerous scientific studies and and other data while you still haven`t got anything better than your nonsense "arguments" which are not even supported by anything. Do you even know how to discuss properly?

Thank God for that.... for a second I thought that he just went full retard

0.1percentage is 1 out of 1000. It is too much.

Dude what are you on about??

There are only 3000 odd reported cases of HIV AIDS in SL as of 2012 out of 20 million people .. And this is coming from a country with universal health coverage akin to first world countries, Not some sub Saharan African nation where cases go unreported

Eh..

HIV prevalence in SL is <0.1 as of 2012.. They have one of the lowest HIV and other STD prevalence in the world.. And Education was the key to They're health statistics equivalent to the best in the world

UNICEF - Sri Lanka - Statistics
Education is the key mate at what age do they start teaching the kids sex education in sri lanka

I suspect that like the last time (chastity vs condom) the media has misinterpreted and twisted Health Minister's comment.

BTW, "Sex Education in Schools" is a subject being debated in places like US as well because counter-argument suggests that it has got something to do with Teen-Pregnancy.

We Indians have a habit of lamenting anybody who offers an counter-argument against the popular viewpoint. Is this the way of killing a debate? How come we consider ourselves to be liberal?

Dude what are you on about??

There are only 3000 odd reported cases of HIV AIDS in SL as of 2012 out of 20 million people .. And this is coming from a country with universal health coverage akin to first world countries, Not some sub Saharan African nation where cases go unreported

Leave it, he does not believe in statistics :lol:

And India has a serious problem with AIDS by now, using condoms and being properly educated about the matter is going to help to curb the problem!

Yes but not to the children. Aids happens because of multiple sex partener. If people have relation with one partner, where is the question of AIDS. You first teach them to have unrestrained sex and than show them the way to protect them from that. Why do not teach children some good vertue in child hood and give sex education when they are adult.

So far as birt rate is concern it dependends on so many other factors. Iran inspite of being Muslim and traditional country, Birth rate is very low. I do not think that sex education is compulsory in a country like iran in school.

More over many country faces problem of low birth rate. They have promotional scheme.

Yes but not to the children. Aids happens because of multiple sex partener. If people have relation with one partner, where is the question of AIDS. You first teach them to have unrestrained sex and than show them the way to protect them from that. Why do not teach children some good vertue in child hood and give sex education when they are adult.

So far as birt rate is concern it dependends on so many other factors. Iran inspite of being Muslim and traditional country, Birth rate is very low. I do not think that sex education is compulsory in a country like iran in school.

More over many country faces problem of low birth rate. They have promotional scheme.
sir please visit a school near you, you would agree that they need the most, with the rate Indian kids are banging ... we need to provide them with free condoms !

Because our education is not value based.
what do you term as value based education ? All parents teach their kids value, sex is pleasure, some can resist others cannot
Our population of 1.2 billion would throw some light how much Indians love sex

It would be more interesting to see what is the view of other political parties.. especially so called secularists like Congress & SP? Would they agree with minister's pov or disagree with it?

Here is the latest on this btw...

Sex education necessary, but without vulgarity: Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan

I think you need to do research a bit before making general comments.. Iran has a very progressive sex education program.. And Iranians are a very highly educated population in general.. It has one of the highest human and health development indicators in the region

M Cist: The Iranian authorities are not squeamish about sex education | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Back
Top Bottom