What's new

Several hurt as man opens fire in Dutch tram

Maarkhoor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A man has opened fire in a tram in the Dutch city of Utrecht, injuring several people, police have said.

A square near a tram station in the west of the city has been cordoned off by authorities, and emergency services are at the scene.

The shooting took place at about 10:45 local time (09:45 GMT). Three helicopters have been despatched.

Police have asked people to keep roads clear for emergency workers to get through.

The incident took place around the 24 Oktoberplein junction.

Local media report anti-terrorism police are at the scene.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47611811

"Police say they are investigating a "possible terrorist motive" in the shooting".

How quick they are to jump the gun on this. It goes to show that they will pin it most likely on the Muslims.

Guys.. honest question.. please answer me..

I am going on a family trip to France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Belgium and Netherlands.. I will spend most of the time in Switzerland and France starting 27 March

Is it a good time to go or should I cancel?

"Police say they are investigating a "possible terrorist motive" in the shooting".

How quick they are to jump the gun on this. It goes to show that they will pin it most likely on the Muslims.
This is not Asia or middle east where banana govts love to hype up. Read up, the first indications are another white guy... let's wait for the dutch govt's conclusion on this.

I am going on a family trip to France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Belgium and Netherlands.. I will spend most of the time in Switzerland and France starting 27 March

Is it is good time to go or should I cancel?

If the Pakistani government has not circulated any travel advisory, you are good to go.
Honestly quite an odd time to travel Europe given the weather and Easter holiday rush.

Dude, bat sh1t can happened anywhere now a days.. You're travelling to a relatively safer part of the world, even though there are sporadic incidents of madness

If the Pakistani government has not circulated any travel advisory, you are good to go.
Honestly quite an odd time to travel Europe given the weather and Easter holiday rush.
Yeah.. Definitely don;t come to Germany.. it is slobbery wet n cold

This is good time. You can visit. But try to stay away from mosques as religious hate is growing and they feel Islam is enemy of them as trump said too .

Just go

Bro, for you and your family's safety do not go. Not worth the risk.

Better safe than sorry.

It has become a sh!t show, excuse my French.

Wait a few months at the least, even a year to be safe and see if things go back to normalcy because right now, I dont give a damn how long you planned this trip of yours it isnt worth it.

Stay safe.

jis din dana pani utha... us din :-)

Not a great time for tourists to come.

#GharWapsi

The weather will probably not a delight but since he is coming from a parched desert land of UAE and had lived in karachi before that, he may end up enjoying it if he does not get a viral flu which is rampant these days due to weather changes.

Not going to comment from safety/security perspective cause it is pretty much safe. But its still not spring here so you will experience Grey Europe. I would say June/July is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom