What's new

Several dead in attack on Pakistani Shias

There is this saying “Laton ke bhoot baton se nahin mante!”

Ok Mr, then go ahead carry weapon and go ahead with you ideology and i will see how much success you will get.
Friendly TIP: Start from 1980 and learn what happened and how extremism come into existence & then think over it, make some idea how to take counter measures to force this jin into bottle. Yes, There is way but you have to think yourself after experiencing your above mentioned ideology.

Billal is living in USA where his business or work are protected by the Americans

You must have no concern where he is living or not but concentrate on debate or this is an ordinary method of person from Sohni Dharti attacking personality while loosing position?

It's funny how people think life is perfect here. But please continue. Every nation has its problems, but as I said, we living here in the USA are taught here to work through them.

You are comparing problems in US to problems in Pakistan?

Are you serious?

In Karachi, people have to run home every few days after gunshots are heard in each area regularly.

My family was fired upon recently near my house and I could have lost a family member, all of us had to cut our night out short and run home like all others.

All my family members have been in civilian or military services of Pakistan and all of them have suffered extreme discrimination because of their background which costed them promotions and recommendations for powerful positions.

Because of completely incorruptible background, we have seen people with no standing earn more than us in this country.

My cousins were chased out of the army based on ethnic divides, the kind of things I can mention to you are unimaginable.

USA is heaven on this planet, there you can make a future, over here we are stuck with all our investment in question.

We have houses in areas we cannot step in. We have put so much into this country and look what these people have done to it today.

You are living in some other world.

Well, let's talk a strategy here.

Do we go top down and clean up the establishment and work our way down to the street? Or do we start at the grassroots? Or both?

Who should lead this cleanup effort? Are Kayani and Pasha out of the question? Surely we don't expect much from the civilian politicians? Then who?

An even more basic question is 'what exactly are we cleaning up?'. We can't outlaw deobandi Islam. All we can do is to outlaw anything or anyone that teaches or advocates intolerance and/or violence. That comes down to law enforcement again so it's back in the politicians' court.

Top levels be a civilian or army have the simple solution to stay in power divide and rule beg and barrow that what they continue to do and they will never stop doing it if anybody think otherwise you are fooling yourself.these people have no interest in fixing Pakistanis economy or educate our young ones or our future in proper schools as educated people ask question and cant be trained easily while there own families live in west and go on to universities with bigger bank balance.

ITs the deobandies asking to out law every body else No one here is asking to ban any thing we are simply asking everybody should have the right to practice their religion what ever it may be as they please and if there is any out side powers trying to influence our national interest we simply show them the door.

every time some where in the civilized world any thing happens and the authorities did not do there job usually minister incharge pays the price in Pakistan there is no such thing they simply go on and pretend nothing happened that what needs to be changed if these politicians have to pay the price they will not play both side of the coin game.

I think that's the question. Is this a problem for the army or the police?
Do we want the army patrolling the streets and going from house to house flushing out these jihadis?

Its the police's job but they are completely incompetent, the army ruined them completely in the 80's when they were told to overlook all the weapons, drugs and militant transfer that took place in our country.

The generals support the jihadis and that is why they are neither caught, nor prosecuted.

You are comparing problems in US to problems in Pakistan?

Are you serious?

In Karachi, people have to run home every few days after gunshots are heard in each area regularly. My family was fired upon recently near my house and I could have lost a family member, all of us had to cut our night out short and run home like all others.

Go to Camden, Newark NJ; Detroit, St-Louis, Los Angeles, Maryland, Baltimore, Richmond, Bridgeport as well as a hell lot more US cities, you'll find the same thing. I used to work at this company Schering Plough, & lived in this town Irvington close to Newark, & there was firing every night close to my apartment, & crack w*ores on the street. Cops have no control in Camden, NJ. In fact, I think we can come up with very interesting statistics if we compared the crime rates of US cities with Pakistani cities.

All my family members have been in civilian or military services of Pakistan and all of them have suffered extreme discrimination which costed them promotions and recommendations for powerful positions.

I am very familiar with Karachi as most of my family lives in that city, & I go there every year. I'm also an Urdu speaking Shia Mohajir with family in Karachi & other cities of Pakistan, & my family never faced any kind of discrimination. I have said before, & I'll say it again. Karachi is too big right now, & it needs to be broken down into smaller administrative areas so it can be managed more effectively. Karachi has a whole range of issues, not any one particular one.

USA is heaven on this planet, there you can make a future, over here we are stuck with and all our investment is away.

When you're forced to pay Social Security, our income & state taxes take up almost 35% of our salary, when we have to pay our hospital bills, college expenses, apartment rent, transport etc everything, we're not left with anything. Most people here live on negative credit. Suffering is all about perspective.

My question is still there, how can we have these rats killed?

Cut the hands that feeds them "Na rahega Baans na bajegi bansuri"?

When we accept the fact that we are living in a nation where Jungle ka kanoon (Might is right) is in effect, what a normal person is suppose to do in this situation? lets follow the steps that a US citizen would have followed,
like dial 15 ? No effect
go to police station? all in vain
okay, give some bribe to them? that may work, suppose if someone doesnt have the money to give em? then what is the option he is left with? hold the gun in his hands and start killing people? or security forces??

In pakistan being a politician is a family buisness that needs to changed

Top levels be a civilian or army have the simple solution to stay in power divide and rule beg and barrow that what they continue to do and they will never stop doing it if anybody think otherwise you are fooling yourself.these people have no interest in fixing Pakistanis economy or educate our young ones or our future in proper schools as educated people ask question and cant be trained easily while there own families live in west and go on to universities with bigger bank balance.

Again, how is that different from what the civilian government is doing? It's not the job of the army to fix Pakistan's economy, or educate young children or make schools inside Pakistan. Yet, the Army has still performed better than the civilian government, even though it is not their job to do so. However, I agree with you that the Army should not be meddling into the affairs of the civilian government, no matter how incompetent it is. I still see this as a failure of the civilian government to keep the Army in check.

ITs the deobandies asking to out law every body else No one here is asking to ban any thing we are simply asking everybody should have the right to practice their religion what ever it may be as they please and if there is any out side powers trying to influence our national interest we simply show them the door.

Agree 100%

sorry to go offtopic...but How is Imran khan's party? Does his party have enough support to form the govt?? How about a coalition Govt without PPP and PML. Maybe some new political party can start the reforms in the establishment.

Top levels be a civilian or army have the simple solution to stay in power divide and rule

The generals support the jihadis and that is why they are neither caught, nor prosecuted.

OK, so top down solution is out. That only leaves grassroots. A people-power revolution like in the Arab countries, but that's going to be difficult with the jihadis blowing up everyone with impunity and the army/police on their side.

Perhaps a media campaign to name and shame every politician/general who is protecting these jihadis.

OK, so top down solution is out. That only leaves grassroots. A people-power revolution like in the Arab countries, but that's going to be difficult with the jihadis blowing up everyone with impunity and the army/police on their side.

Perhaps a media campaign to name and shame every politician/general who is protecting these jihadis.

Independent Media can play a big role in solving the problems of our country and could be a good start

RIP to the innocent shia people.

thanks for feeling for Shia people of Pakistan. I have the same feeling for all the Indian victims whatever their faith or religion.

this is the best the Al Qaeda sympathising organisations Like LeJ and TTP etc can do. kill the weakest as a revenge.
by the way in future please dont qualify your sympathy for a specific group of victims, victims are victims and their deaths at the hands of terrorists must be mourned.

did you know that the Indian friendly BLA hates the Shias too? because the Balochi Hazaras are patriots and totally dismiss the BLA terrorism?

In pakistan being a politician is a family buisness that needs to changed

That is not only your problem.

The subcontinent countries India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have all inherited the Legacy of Dynasty Politics.

Only a Bhutto, Zardari, Sharif, Gandhi, Nehru, Mujbir, Hasina or Zia can be the PM.

Or Army:d(In case of Pakistan and Bangladesh)

The only Political Parties that are ideological in the subcontinent are the BJP and the Communists.

No matter you hate them you have to give them.

In the BJP, The current head of the party was once a worker who used to lay the Red Carpet for VVIPs for the Party. That is a true democratic Party.

We know the Communists suck but anyone can be a PM if you join them and they win the elections.

Unfortunately for Pakistan, there is no BJP or the Commies.

The only Nationalist there ir Imran Khan who has the urge to do something for the nation and He would not disappoint.

Enough has been tolerated of these Dynasty Crapa*ses in all the 3 Countries. The Largest Number of Poor People in the World are in the Sub continent because of these Dumba*ses.

The same people who have kept the People illiterate and have made their Swiss Accounts full. It is evident from the Literacy Rates of the 3 Countries after 60 Years .Only Nationalists can do something.

The problem with revolution here is that many Pakistani's do not share a common ethnic or sectarian background. The Arabs had their ethnicity in common while we are fragmented between Sindhi, Punjabi, Pathan, Baloch, Seraiki, Kashmiri, Haraza etc. We all have to say we are Pakistani and Pakistani alone in order to initiate a people led revolution. But then again, like you mention, the extremists will have a field day in such public gatherings and they support they have, they will kill thousands.

In terms of media, the majority of media is of jihadi mentality, the Urdu press is completely nuts and espouses conspiracies, horror and jihadi propaganda. Look at such TV personalities like Zaid Hamid, Hamid Mir and many others who are hell bent on propagating their Jihadi views to all.

The only media that is fair and balanced is our english medium but that too is limited.

My plan is simple, I have contemplated joining the military or civilian ranks last year but I was stopped by certain people who told me it would be a waste of time. I have been told that the best way to change the course of this nation would be achieve high level of expertise in specific areas and then infiltrate all aspects of Pakistan society, a movement whereby a number of highly skilled professionals with a liberal outlook who infiltrate all walks of life and then dispose of our cunning and inept leadership.

Something like the Young Turks Movement is the need of the hour.

I know I am an outsider and people might not like it, but here is my perspective.
We have to understand that division and discrimination is bad thing in any form.
First is religion level, then comes sect/caste etc etc. The problem is people generally have an issue with a person and then they find a reason to get public support, like a Hindu might not like a Muslim and instead of using his personal reason which might not fly, he will play religion card.
(Indians I used Hindu as bad in example, to avoid people thinking I am demeaning them, I am Hindu too, so please ignore, I am trying to make a point.)

The same logic is applied everywhere, we have not grown enough to understand that discrimination in any form is not good and there is a reason that what you practice should be a private affair and not public affair.

We have loads of illiterate and dumb people who distort the religion and their use to maximum.

THINK once, do you seriously feel that any of our religion is being practiced the way it was suppose to be practiced? if not why?
I think personally 99% of people who call themselves religious do not even understand the religion and what it says in the first place, forget about following it.

Back
Top Bottom