What's new

Several dead in attack on Pakistani Shias

Yes, one of the murderers was found & jailed. The next time pass by Malir sometime, ask for Dr Hur. His death happened almost 16 years ago, but people there still pray for him everyday.

One of the murderers?

Were there many and did the police make sure that such incidents do not occur again, they sure happen very often now.

I fortunately have a lot of respect for myself & for what I believe in, unlike some other people here who change their flags whenever adversities come.

You keep mentioning 'respect' and other such stuff which makes you come across as highly insecure. Lets be clear, if I had any self respect issues, I would have banned myself and never be seen around here again. I just do not want to be associated with terrorists and so I will continue to promote my secular ideal Pakistan.

I have got nothing to do with Mullahs or Maududi's Pakistan.

I think you changing your flags shows that you have already accepted defeat. I don't need to hear about a defeatist attitude from someone who's already accepted defeat. There is a difference between conducting yourself differently in a public & private, it's called 'diplomacy.' Don't know if you're familiar with the term, but living here in the US for the past 10 years has made me realize you have to be diplomatic about certain things, not because you're scared of saying something, but out of respect for others. I think it's high time you learned some of that.

I am still around here, aren't I and infact it wasn't me who was contemplating some time off. Similarly diplomacy is for those who have an ounce of respect, not some religiously confused insecure people who cannot and will not make a difference to anything.

As I said, yes they are scum & are destroying the fabric of Pakistani society everyday.

So what are you going to do, be nice to them.

I've done a lot more in my personal capacity than most others do to make a difference. I was in interior Sindh last year, helping my sister who works for Trocaire, assisting all the people that needed supplies there, working constantly non-stop for a month in my vacations to Pakistan. I've donated $8,000 for this school in North Nazimabad 'Set School' that took me months to earn with my first salary working here in the US, as well as for other funding for other projects my immediate relatives are involved in. So please, don't give me a lecture about running away. Don't act like you know me, because you don't.

And you know me, you are talking about some inane self respect issues that you have and you are applying them to me. I am specifically asking you that what is it that you can do to stop this current madness from stopping in Pakistan.

You obviously do not have a clue in regards to what needs to be done for betterment of the state itself, just cosmetic and light help which is clearly futile.

You keep mentioning 'respect' and other such stuff which makes you come across as highly insecure.

Not really, I never demanded respect from you, but this is what you said to me before:

@ Bilal

Watch how you use my name, I am being reserved as a mod but I wont hold out any longer.

Lets be clear, if I had any self respect issues, I would have banned myself and never be seen around here again.

You ban & give infractions to others for using inappropriate language, but you don't that to yourself when you use the following terms for others: ('fvcking terrorist, Jamaat-e-Islami scum, K@njar Kh@na, delusional fool, accomplice with terrorists'). I think you need to keep your headstrong attitude under check, calm down & maybe do a little bit of self-reflection.

I have got nothing to do with Mullahs or Maududi's Pakistan.

I don't either, they are the ones that destroyed the peaceful Barelvi Muslim influence in Pakistan pre-1947, where the Shias, Christians, Ahmedis, Parsis all lived together peacefully.

I am still around here, aren't I and infact it wasn't me who was contemplating some time off.

There is a difference taking a few days off when there are 7000 users logged on at the same time, & the loading speed is so incredibly slow that the website doesn't open for days; and there is a difference between someone that changes his flags, & while he says he doesn't have anything to do with 'this Pakistan', still comments on every other thread about Pakistan. That is insecurity.

Similarly diplomacy is for those who have an ounce of respect, not some religiously confused insecure people who cannot and will not make a difference to anything.

I think you're seriously doubting the effect respecting someone can make, not matter how much he/she is opposed to your point of view. I've openly called people like Salman Taseer, Shahbaz Bhatti martyrs, but instead of snapping at others who disagree with me, I have tried to explain my point of view to them in a rational way that they can understand. And many people did.

And you know me, you are talking about some inane self respect issues that you have and you are applying them to me.

Your flag change & labeling me different things does that for you. I don't have self-respect issues, I do not need your approval or your consent for anything, although you were the one that started labeling me different things & I never labeled you anything like that.

I am specifically asking you that what is it that you can do to stop this current madness from stopping in Pakistan.

We can only do our little bits on our individual levels, & just hope for the best. Your bickering won't be making a difference either because clearly Kayani/Pasha haven't been reading your posts on the PDF.

There is a difference taking a few days off when there are 7000 users logged on at the same time, & the loading speed is so incredibly slow that the website doesn't open for days;

Just as an aside, I couldn't load PDF for a couple of days after the US operation. I seriously thought the site had been taken offline by authorities to minimize any possibility of organizing demonstrations.

This will continue to happen in this k@njar khana called Pakistan.

All these Sunni militant groups have got nothing better to do than killing scores of minorities all over Pakistan.

It would be in the best interest of all these minorities of Pakistan to leave the country before they get killed too by our armies 'strategic assets'.

I am sure this will be celebrated by our Jihadi generals, after all its good to see kafirs and heretics get killed by real 'Muslims'.

You are running risk of losing your moderator position.

My question is simple, when your closed ones died, what did you do to make sure that nothing of that sort happens again?

After all you are content with the same policies we have in place that allowed that to happen, so what is your collective response?

How can the killing on the basis of sect and ethnicity continue to happen if something was supposedly done to change national policy.

All I want to know is that what change should occur for all this havoc to stop?

I read that you support the use of religion in this state so it seems that you are content with the way things work in this country.

Just put yourself in bilal shoes and enlighten us that what a person is supposed to do when someone from his family is killed.

Well well well...Pakistan needs a solution to its problems and it needs it quickly...future isn't looking good...Well,all the best for your future..
But one question..
With the terrorist groups at their peak in anger,Pakistan facing anger of the world for keeping OBL,then the monotonous terrorist attacks..isn't it time that the President declares EMERGENCY??

You have no right using this kind of terminology, especially as you are a moderator on this forum. I am a Shia myself, hate extremists & terrorists. Two of my Dad's brothers (doctors) were killed in Karachi in the 90's. I have other relatives as well that have suffered the same fate. I know what it's like to have parts of your family affected by terrorism. However, the kind of language you use indicates you like to crib & complain, rather than being part of the solution. You changing your flag just shows me you don't have the resolve or the will to be part of the solution. It's sad, because the father of my nation Pakistan defied all odds to achieve what he wanted to. Extremely disappointed in you man, you've just exposed yourself horribly for what you are by using the kind of terminology you just did :tdown:

What is this solution you want us all to be part of ? with your statement you are all over the place you are telling him not to call spade a spade cause it bothers you.

you no what bothers me people telling us all how to feel and be part of the solution(take bullets and go down with a smile?)

Part of the solution is do what the Americans did chop of snakes head Osama bin laden.

What is this solution you want us all to be part of ? with your statement you are all over the place you are telling him not to call spade a spade cause it bothers you.

you no what bothers me people telling us all how to feel and be part of the solution(take bullets and go down with a smile?)

Part of the solution is do what the Americans did chop of snakes head Osama bin laden.

Read all my previous posts in this thread, I've talked about it in great detail. I've never asked him not to call a spade a spade, I've asked him to stop snapping at others, & start talking to them rationally.

Well, let's talk a strategy here.

Do we go top down and clean up the establishment and work our way down to the street? Or do we start at the grassroots? Or both?

Who should lead this cleanup effort? Are Kayani and Pasha out of the question? Surely we don't expect much from the civilian politicians? Then who?

An even more basic question is 'what exactly are we cleaning up?'. We can't outlaw deobandi Islam. All we can do is to outlaw anything or anyone that teaches or advocates intolerance and/or violence. That comes down to law enforcement again so it's back in the politicians' court.

Just put yourself in bilal shoes and enlighten us that what a person is supposed to do when someone from his family is killed.

There is this saying “Laton ke bhoot baton se nahin mante!” and i will translate it in English for all to understand ''some people need a.s.s whopping to understand" what you are trying to say Most these extremists are protected by the generals and aren't willing to listen so the only solution is have these rats killed.

Billal is living in USA where his business or work are protected by the Americans who will not hesitate to kill an extremist mullah preiest or other religious personalities if he or she threatens every days life so he can afford to play both sides of the sword as he will simply call 911 and they will take it from there he doesn't have to bribe the police officer just to have them write a complain we like to call these kinds of guys key board warriors.

My question was in context the non existent difference that has occurred since sectarian violence started and how little pressure there has been on our security forces to deal with these people.

In terms what I will do, I won't get mad, I will try to get even, it does not mean I have to kill someone, all I have to do is go after them in every way possible.

However if allowed, I will play fire with fire and that seems to be the only way possible with these extremists.

This will continue to happen in this k@njar khana called Pakistan.

It is too much, believe me.
My advise just take rest and normalize your breath & sequences of thoughts and filter them.

Every one has pain for this nation but that's not appropriate way of expressions you adopted.

Billal is living in USA where his business or work are protected by the Americans who will not hesitate to kill an extremist mullah preiest or other religious personalities if he or she threatens every days life

No, we try those people here.

so he can afford to play both sides of the sword as he will simply call 911 and they will take it from there he doesn't have to bribe the police officer just to have them write a complain we like to call these kinds of guys key board warriors.

It's funny how people think life is perfect here. But please continue. Every nation has its problems, but as I said, we living here in the USA are taught to work through them. In many ways, the US is like Pakistan: the people can protest about something all they want, but it generally won't change the decisions of the top leadership. Case in point being the Iraq war, as well as numerous other examples. Please continue.

There is this saying “Laton ke bhoot baton se nahin mante!” and i will translate it in English for all to understand ''some people need a.s.s whopping to understand what you are trying to say Most these extremists are protected by the generals and aren't willing to listen so the only solution is have these rats killed.
My question is still there, how can we have these rats killed?

Billal is living in USA where his business or work are protected by the Americans who will not hesitate to kill an extremist mullah preiest or other religious personalities if he or she threatens every days life so he can afford to play both sides of the sword as he will simply call 911 and they will take it from there he doesn't have to bribe the police officer just to have them write a complain we like to call these kinds of guys key board warriors.
When we accept the fact that we are living in a nation where Jungle ka kanoon (Might is right) is in effect, what a normal person is suppose to do in this situation? lets follow the steps that a US citizen would have followed,
like dial 15 ? No effect
go to police station? all in vain
okay, give some bribe to them? that may work, suppose if someone doesnt have the money to give em? then what is the option he is left with? hold the gun in his hands and start killing people? or security forces??

Back
Top Bottom