What's new

Setback to Gwadar Project due to "North Pole Sea Silk Road"?

Have I written it?
If not, why then you putting words in my mouth?

I am only talking about different scenarios and we should be ready for it and see the facts as they are.

I am only afraid that ME could also be lost if Gulf countries are linked to China through Rail/Road. While initially we all thought that WHOLE trade from EU, Africa and ME will go through Gwadar.

Moreover, oil may be transferred through RAIL from Iran/Saudia and may be ships will not be needed. After all from Gwadar too oil could only be transferred to China through road.
I guess only you thought that China will do trade with EU through Gawadar. Other than EU, there are several other mineral rich countries in ME and Africa those do trade with China.

Well, Idk how will your transfer oil through rail, and incase oil is transferred from Iran/ME as per your proposed map, the distance needed to cover will be much longer than the distance between Gawadar and Khunjerab pass (the later is more economical). Morever, oil will be transferred from Gawadar to China through proposed pipelines as per CPEC contracts.

I am afraid this news is not fake.

This project is real and there are tens of newspapers who are reporting about this project.

https://www.google.de/search?client...k+road+china&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

We have to keep our eyes open.
It may be a lie, or it may be a truth.

Please bring the Proofs that this is a lie.

If it was true china would never spend billions in pakistan. Its a matter of time maybe sooner our economy get stable and we connect our lines to europe.

Please read my earlier post about ME.

It is very much possible to link ME to China through Rail/Land route.
Iran has already started building Rail/Land rout till Iraq.
And Saudi Arabia has already started linking all Gulf countries through Rail/Land rout.

If Saudia also links to Iraq through Rail/land route, then China could have direct access to all ME countries without using Gwadar route (which then only be used for African countries).

20160402_MAM947.png

My point is not this that Gwadar is not important, but my point is this that Gwadar will get setback due to these alternative routes.

Please differentiate between Failure and Setback.

I have not said that Gwadar will become a failure. No it will not. But it will get the setback due to the alternative routes.

Reaching Saudi Arab or Iraq via Iran using land route is not shortest and not economically feasible for oil and gas trade. Africa is not even in considerable via land route. These are not alternative routes to Gwadar.

Last edited:
And how will North Pole Silk road or whatever the proposed route is, will substitute Gawadar to trade with oil producers in M.E and Africa?

Someone needs a geography lesson.
Middle-East, Gulf, Whole of Africa...
Basically that someone is false flagger and he does need a geography lesson rather should be down the exit gate.

I fail to understand why people think that CPEC is just a road and rail network? Its much more than that. What about all the energy projects , the infra structure development projects and the special economic zone. Will those all relocate to this north pole sea silk route.

Just indian propaganda.

There r several route for one destination and all r utilize the ship is cheaper No worry for gwader

Back
Top Bottom