What's new

Setback to Gwadar Project due to "North Pole Sea Silk Road"?

LOL That's why China just invested tens of billions of dollars at Gwadar for free.

Last edited:
Northern sea route has noting to do with Gwadar port.

Northern sea route mostly to shipment to and from EU through north sea instead of lengthy south China sea ---Malacca --- indian ocean ---Suez ---- Mediterranean route. Northern route will save somewhat 20 days of time.

Gwadar mostly targeted for ME and African trade for which Northern route has nothing to do.

And how will North Pole Silk road or whatever the proposed route is, will substitute Gawadar to trade with oil producers in M.E and Africa? Someone needs a geography lesson.
Northern sea route has noting to do with Gwadar port.

Northern sea route mostly to shipment to and from EU through north sea instead of lengthy south China sea ---Malacca --- indian ocean ---Suez ---- Mediterranean route. Northern route will save somewhat 20 days of time.

Gwadar mostly targeted for ME and African trade for which Northern route has nothing to do.

Please read my earlier post about ME.

It is very much possible to link ME to China through Rail/Land route.
Iran has already started building Rail/Land rout till Iraq.
And Saudi Arabia has already started linking all Gulf countries through Rail/Land rout.

If Saudia also links to Iraq through Rail/land route, then China could have direct access to all ME countries without using Gwadar route (which then only be used for African countries).

20160402_MAM947.png

LOl That's why China just invested tens of billions of dollars at Gwadar for free.

My point is not this that Gwadar is not important, but my point is this that Gwadar will get setback due to these alternative routes.

Please differentiate between Failure and Setback.

I have not said that Gwadar will become a failure. No it will not. But it will get the setback due to the alternative routes.

China announced about the "North Pole Sea Silk Road" project. It will join Europe to China.

Today a Ship needs 48 days from China to Holland through Panama Canal or Suez Canal. But due to North Pole Sea Silk Road, only 20 days will be needed.

Therefore, Gwadar will not be needed any more for trade with Europe.

http://www.bbc.com/urdu/world-42852384

China also trying to link to many countries of central Asia and Iran and Arab Countries and even Europe through land Silk Road. Therefore Gwadar will not be needed in this case for trading with whole Asia.

The only area for which Gwadar will be needed is perhaps Africa.

_99784589_gettyimages-470046264.jpg
This route would basically have to cross through the north pole so b closed more then half an year and gwadar still remains the quickest short cut to reach Africa and middle east fek. Which China imports most of its mineral's and petroleum :)

And Saudi Arabia has already started linking all Gulf countries through Rail/Land rout.

If Saudia also links to Iraq through Rail/land route, then China could have direct access to all ME countries without using Gwadar route (which then only be used for African countries).

20160402_MAM947.png

My point is not this that Gwadar is not important, but my point is this that Gwadar will get setback due to these alternative routes.

I have not said that Gwadar will become a failure. No it will not. But it will get the setback due to the alternative routes.

There is no setback for Gwadar. The route you mentioned has no relevance with Gwadar.

Secondly, you have posted an alternative route of a map which surpasses at least a dozen countries before reaching Iran. Through CPEC China only has to pass through Pakistan to reach Iran/ME.

PS. This is not the first time you are trolling. We will be watching you. Having a Pakistani flag doesn't mean that you are one.

Last edited:
It's indeed a setback for those scoring a duck on geography exams.

20160402_MAM947.png

Alternative routes will give China higher leverage for price negotiation in its favor.

20160402_MAM947.png

And you want to transfer oil from KSA/Iran to China on rail and buses?

the problem here is not gwader project or silk road . problem is we south Asians think china is stupid like us .:lol:

And you want to transfer oil from. KSA/Iran to China on rail and buses?

Have I written it?
If not, why then you putting words in my mouth?

I am only talking about different scenarios and we should be ready for it and see the facts as they are.

I am only afraid that ME could also be lost if Gulf countries are linked to China through Rail/Road. While initially we all thought that WHOLE trade from EU, Africa and ME will go through Gwadar.

Moreover, oil may be transferred through RAIL from Iran/Saudia and may be ships will not be needed. After all from Gwadar too oil could only be transferred to China through road.

Sea route is much much economical than rail and road networks... That's why all major cities (industries) are located near in sea ports and 90% of world trade is carried by the shipping industry.. Western China will never becomes industrialized because they will lose competitiveness due to import export costs through rail or roads...
For example a ship can carry almost 15000 containers... Only 15 people onboard required to done the job... Fuel requirement is very low and using low cost heavy fuel in ships( low grade almost looks like bitumen).. On contrary to if we consider rail or road through Gwadar ,you have to first unload the shipment in Gwadar port and then to load in trucks or trains (double job)... You need 15000 trucks, 15000 drivers, much experience fuel ( diesel ), difficult road ( so low fuel efficiency) in case of road transport... Railway is also nowhere near cost effective compared to shipping industry... So a big trade through CPEC is not happen...

The importance of Gwadar for China are...
1. China got a port in strategic place...
2. Got a strategic route, can use it in case of emergency...
3. Stable developed Pakistan near Xinjiang...
4. A big market of 200 million...
5. Good investment with a govt guaranteed high return...
6. Control in economic & political system of Pakistan.

Pakistan's advantage solely depend on the industries and investment coming in the economic zones near GWwadar ...

India's main disadvantages are Chinese presence in Pak administrated Kashmir & Indian ocean...But stable developed democratic Pakistan is good for us...

Back
Top Bottom