What's new

Setback for Kerala, panel says Mullaperiyar safe

even after i had posted of the comparion of the new dam and that of the old dam as a pic, you still saying "The Rabit i caught has 3 legs" is not good mate.

First of all your diagram is wrong. I think its from some pro-TN , anti-Kerala site. Your diagram shows the new dam has only a height of 140 feet..How could that be when the Water Level fixed for new dam is 155 feet. Also the High Level Committee proposed the construction of a new dam..they did not said anything about building it down stream.

First of all your diagram is wrong. I think its from some pro-TN , anti-Kerala site. Your diagram shows the new dam has only a height of 140 feet..How could that be when the Water Level fixed for new dam is 155 feet. Also the High Level Committee proposed the construction of a new dam..they did not said anything about building it down stream.
HOW ARE YOU PLANNING TO BUILD A DAM ON THE UPSTREAM, you guys opposed the idea of a nuclear plant in your state as its hazardous to your environment, you guys wanted the DAM to be decommissioned because its again hazardous, i don't know what is good for kerala now, you guys have to be happy because you are not suffering frequent power cuts, i have a farm land of 25 acres in my village which I have planted with COCONUT, SAFOTA, NAGMAT, etc. with out proper 3 phase supply i am not able to irrigate my fields though i have designed automatic water saving systems to minimize the use of water. this is the state of TN agriculture. we are growing food for not only ourself but also to you guys also, Kindly consider our plight guys.

HOW ARE YOU PLANNING TO BUILD A DAM ON THE UPSTREAM,

Ask the High Level Committee.

you guys opposed the idea of a nuclear plant in your state as its hazardous to your environment

Who are you kidding? In a place where there is no free space to go around even for housing purposes, how do we plan to build a nuclear reactor. FYI if KKNPP bursts, the radiation will reach Trivandrum in about 4 hours. Nuke radiation recognizes no state borders.

you guys wanted the DAM to be decommissioned because its again hazardous,

Bcs it is .

i don't know what is good for kerala now, you guys have to be happy because you are not suffering frequent power cuts, i have a farm land of 25 acres in my village which I have planted with COCONUT, SAFOTA, NAGMAT, etc. with out proper 3 phase supply i am not able to irrigate my fields though i have designed automatic water saving systems to minimize the use of water.

We are not suffering bcs , KSEB is buying power at high rates from outside and from diesel/naptha plants. Also we already have one of the highest cost/unit in India. Already our industries are being told to reduce their power consumption by 20% or pay Rs 10(?)/unit for that 20% power consumed.

this is the state of TN agriculture. we are growing food for not only ourself but also to you guys also, Kindly consider our plight guys.

and use it as a political leverage against us. No thank you. Glad that my family is still holding on to our agricultural land and growing atleast something that we can make use of eventhough agriculture have become too damn expensive here.

the opinion that is propagated by Tamil media which is not neutral and many times shows "nationalistic" tendency and makes it a issue between Tamils and Malayalees. it is just reflected by the posts from Tamil friends here. Keralakkaranunga Mullaperiyar Thanniye Thiruda parkaranga..
I know Thanni "pirachanai"(Water issue) is the lifeline of the dravidian politicians who motivates their rural voters using this. But, Consider this, You are "teaching" Kerala about "how Mullaperiyar dam in Kerala is Safe" to Us. Look at Our Media,Dailies and Politicians..We don't have Seeman or other Extremists. We are talking Sense and Tamil Politicians are using their influence in this issue. the Tamilnadu PWD and it's Top officers/Engineers knows the risk of keeping this fragile Dam.

I don't want to generalize..but Kerala don't need education. We are seeing a Dravidian politics lead Tamil state is bullying Other near by states. unlike Karnataka Which reacts by entering Hoganekkal in TN and claim it as a part of Karnataka and Leads fight with Kaveri water issue.. look dear tamizha...Kerala is giving water from 4 Dams..Kerala is not against giving water to You. Kerala politics and priorities are very different. We gave water to Your dry barren deserts of southern tamilnadu withoue expecting even the minimum cost of water supplied. Here, it is a big issue of safety of 4 districts if Mullaperiyar dam collapses. It is Dravidian Politics and Denial of Truth that Tamilnadu follows till now reg. Mullaperiyar dam issue.

Mullaperiyar - In search of truth is a resource.

If the court rules Dam as safe.... howz it set back?
(felt like trolling... ignore me:D)

If the court rules Dam as safe.... howz it set back?
(felt like trolling... ignore me:D)

The courts also ruled to hang the killers of Rajiv Gandhi and it seems the whole of TN is out to get these people pardon. Even the TN assembly passed legislation in favor of these killers..Why? bcs for Tamils its an emotional issue. The same is for us in this case. We are afraid and concerned for our safety and its the duty of TN to address this rather than rubbing the court verdict in our face.

As I said earlier we are being taken for granted bcs we are small. TN would not behaved the same if Kerala had the size and population of AP or Karnataka.

Anyways after this MP issue, it gave me an insight into the minds of an ordinary Bangladeshi or Srilankan who feels frustrated at the sometimes high handed actions of India. They feel being taken for granted by a large powerful neighbour who doesn't seem to care what they think or feel.

The courts also ruled to hang the killers of Rajiv Gandhi and it seems the whole of TN is out to get these people pardon. Even the TN assembly passed legislation in favor of these killers..Why? bcs for Tamils its an emotional issue. The same is for us in this case. We are afraid and concerned for our safety and its the duty of TN to address this rather than rubbing the court verdict in our face.

As I said earlier we are being taken for granted bcs we are small. TN would not done the same if Kerala had the size and population of AP or Karnataka.

Don't say that. TN even bullied us in Kaveri river water dispute & had their own way. Looks like our courts are biased towards TN.:D

Don't say that. TN even bullied us in Kaveri river water dispute & had their own way. Looks like our courts are biased towards TN.:D

Atleast Kaveri is an inter state river unlike Periyar which is an intra-state river.

Vaiko is not even Tamil. He is a Telugu belonging to Naidu caste. He just uses Tamil card to create controversy and be in the limelight.

That apart,is more complicated than that.

Things are more complicated than all this.

As I said earlier we are being taken for granted bcs we are small. TN would not behaved the same if Kerala had the size and population of AP or Karnataka.

Anyways after this MP issue, it gave me an insight into the minds of an ordinary Bangladeshi or Srilankan who feels frustrated at the sometimes high handed actions of India. They feel being taken for granted by a large powerful neighbour who doesn't seem to care what they think or feel.

Size has nothing to do with it man,

Some people have bad blood with Kerala,well with anyone,they are the ones who do this and they are the bane of TN.

Atleast Kaveri is an inter state river unlike Periyar which is an intra-state river.

Things are more complicated than all this.

Guys.. I do understand the complexities of these issues. My comments should be taken in a lighter tone. Having said that.. I don't think it's appropriate to discuss our internal squabbles in an external forum.:cheers:

Guys.. I do understand the complexities of these issues. My comments should be taken in a lighter tone. Having said that.. I don't think it's appropriate to discuss our internal squabbles in an external forum.:cheers:

Would that expose us to ISI,?:undecided: aide them in their 'scheme of thingys' to liberate kerala & tamilnadu?:laugh:
I don't think its wrong to engaging in such topics even in enemy camp. In fact, handling it in a decent, civilized way might show them our true maturity as a democratic, national interest seeking civilians, but i often find the decency taking a cordless bungee jump when emotions runs high in the lines of linguistic schism in India.

Please don't kid us with the rent you pay. You pay a pittance amount of 10 lakh/per annum for the water + electricity produced from this water.

What sorts of conspiracy theories are these?Its new to me.

Kerala Govt and people is for a new dam where the Water Level is fixed at 155 feet, which is much higher then the now sanctioned 136 feet. So by means even if the resorts are there it will get submerged if new dam is built..the loss is ours.

Periyar is a Kerala river which is being diverted to TN by MP dam..thats the basic point every Tamilian has to understand. The MP dm, its catchment areas and reserviour all lies inside Kerala territory. Even you don't own the dam. Its leased for 999 years. The very fact that we Keralaites have put up with this shows our good will towards TN, but not once you have returned that good will. You people always depict us as some sort of slimy crooks out to get the Tamils. There is a basic understanding here in Kerala, that we are bullied by TN using their bigger political and economical clout. Would we have been treated the same if Karnataka or Andhra was in our place..I don't think so. If Iam not mistaken, during the Kaveri crisis Tamils were forced out of Karnataka by Nationalist Kannadigas. Here in Kerala during the crisis not a single stone was thrown at a Tamil owned establishment , while Malayalee owned shops and agricultural fields was thrashed left and right by Tamils in TN. My sister and her husband who works in Chennai said that during that time they would not even speak to eachother in Malayalam in the MRTS train for the fear of being attacked by Tamil Nationalist goons.

So just bcs we are small and peace loving , we are being taken for granted.

Its not a conspiracy theory.. I told what my cousin told me.. But u know politicians on both sides wont talk about these things openly, as they are on same page on corruption...
Mate i have my best mate as kerala friend, but lived his life here.. And prob started in kerala by attacking sabarimala pilgrims, which is much worse u kbow...
attack on establishment in TN took place after that... And u know tamils were trapped in tea estates..
Lets not talk politics here...
Regarding MP dam, the lease rent is applicable to change every 30 years, yes, it is less, but any govt cant possibly pay high lease for large areas of land, particularly, when many are enroached...
Its an kerala originating river, but it has been declared as an interstate river u see, and due to the direction of flow of the river, even if no dam were built it was no use to keralites, thats y its water was diverted to irrigate lands in first place...
And i don think any attack taking place in MRTS stations...
It took place in a shopping area for a day in chennai, but its effect was more in coimbatore than here

I idea of having a discussion on this matter is a futile effort, its matter to the court to decide and let us accept what ever the outcome is. and people here in PDF from kerala show a sence of racial superiority to the Tamils and its futile to have a fruitful discusion with people who are racially motivated.

It is not racial,more like cultural.

But yeah thats the primary reason for the bad blood.

It is the underlying current.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom