What's new

Setback for Kerala, panel says Mullaperiyar safe

Who bullied who? We are not sending letter to Japanese govt. to stop Hogenekkal(wic is at TN) water project and we are not proposed to constructing dam on Noiyal river . You having no rights to talk.
he said that his words should be taken in a lighter note, lets live it for a LOL, he does not know about the real situation and has just made a comment based on first hand information that he might have heard from some one.

I idea of having a discussion on this matter is a futile effort, its matter to the court to decide and let us accept what ever the outcome is. and people here in PDF from kerala show a sence of racial superiority to the Tamils and its futile to have a fruitful discusion with people who are racially motivated.

Yeah play the race card ..thats what Tamilians are always good at. As for the courts, lets also hang the Rajiv Gandhi killers.

Who bullied who? We are not sending letter to Japanese govt. to stop Hogenekkal(wic is at TN) water project and we are not proposed to constructing dam on Noiyal river . You having no rights to talk.

Karnataka wants Centre to stop TN's Hogenakkal water project : Latest Headlines News - India Today

Thats correct,

I dont think Karnataka shud oppose Hogenakkal project.

Cauvery issue has drained TN of some great agriculture,Hogenakkal atleast should survive.It ll also help Bangalore a lot.

Yeah play the race card ..thats what Tamilians are always good at. As for the courts, lets also hang the Rajiv Gandhi killers.

yeah let us hang them but that culture card is a reality.Not anyone's fiction as much as it is abused.

he said that his words should be taken in a lighter note, lets live it for a LOL, he does not know about the real situation and has just made a comment based on first hand information that he might have heard from some one.

So he asked excuse.....ok then.

Its not a conspiracy theory.. I told what my cousin told me.. But u know politicians on both sides wont talk about these things openly, as they are on same page on corruption...

Even if it is true, I say go ahead and build a new dam with more height. I don't care if the resorts submerge.
Mate i have my best mate as kerala friend, but lived his life here.. And prob started in kerala by attacking sabarimala pilgrims, which is much worse u kbow...
attack on establishment in TN took place after that... And u know tamils were trapped in tea estates..

All you can show is the window panes of some Sabarimala pilgrim's buses shattered by some anti social elements. It was never organized on a political level as s seen in TN.One of the largest textile shop in my city is Pothis. Not even a single stone thrown at them nor it was ransacked. Not to mention the various small and big business establishments run by Tamils here. After all Kerala has about 6 lakh Tamils living here.

Regarding MP dam, the lease rent is applicable to change every 30 years, yes, it is less, but any govt cant possibly pay high lease for large areas of land, particularly, when many are enroached...

Did it changed?..I don't think so.

Its an kerala originating river, but it has been declared as an interstate river u see, and due to the direction of flow of the river, even if no dam were built it was no use to keralites, thats y its water was diverted to irrigate lands in first place...

Thats just propoganda. If that water flows freely we will generate more power from Idukki dam and the other dams situated down stream. Also more water will be available for us for irrigation.

IAnd i don think any attack taking place in MRTS stations...
It took place in a shopping area for a day in chennai, but its effect was more in coimbatore than here

So you agree that it happened. Can't blame my sister for being extra cautious.

yeah let us hang them but that culture card is a reality.Not anyone's fiction as much as it is abused.

Majority of Tamils including the TN Govt will not agree to your statement. As for culture, I don't understand even after adhering to a 999 year irrational agreement, we are being portrayed as some slimy crooks out to get the Tamils. I firmly believe that if Kerala was as big as AP and had the equal political and economic clout TN would have not have behaved the same.

Wen Keralite protesting /attacking TN people that not a Malayali race card

Wen KA done the same under the leadership of Vataal Nagaraj that not a Kanadiga race card

Wen Pal thakrey doing the same that not a Maharstrians race card

Sikhs protested against death sentence of some sikhs that also not Sikhs race card

But Tamils dng the same then its Tamil race card using / Tamil chauvinism ,great ideology. Keep it up.

Wen Keralite protesting /attacking TN people that not a kerala race card

I already said in the previous post that they were carried out by some anti-social elements and not by any political parties which was not the case in TN. Also its a fight for our safety of Kerala state not the Malayalee race (if there is such a thing).

I already said in the previous post that they were carried out by some anti-social elements and not by any political parties which was not the case in TN. Also its a fight for our safety of Kerala state not the Malayalee race (if there is such a thing).

Even our political parties not encouraged violence its purely people protest ,prove with evidence for your claim.

Safety?? are stupid or acting like stupid? today if you demolished that dam means the water will reach Idukki dam and its capacity more than Periyar dam. Use your brain logically at least in tis issue.

Even our political parties not encouraged violence its purely people protest ,prove with evidence for your claim.

The six activists of Tamil Desiya Pothu Udamai Katchi (TDPUK), led by Maniarsan, who attacked the shops after making enquires at the travel agency on the nativity of the owner, was subsequently arrested by the police.
The first incident in Coimbatore was at the commercial hub of Cross Cut Road around noon, when TDPUK cadre assembled in front of the Joyalukkas Jewellery and Khazana Jewellery and raised slogans demanding closure of the outlets.

Malayali shops attacked in TN | Malayalis | | The New Indian Express

Safety?? are stupid or acting like stupid? today if you demolished that dam means the water will reach Idukki dam and its capacity more than Periyar dam. Use your brain logically at least in tis issue.

The only one acting stupid is you. There is no doubt that Idukki dam can hold more water, but there is a difference b/n gradual increase in water level from the sudden increase of WL which will happen if MP dam bursts. And there will be not only water, but also mud, trees, houses, rocks and according to one estimate bodies of about 30,000 Ethic Tamils who live in between the 2 dams. There is no guarantee that Idukki dam can face up to such pressure.

Malayali shops attacked in TN | Malayalis | | The New Indian Express

The only one acting stupid is you. There is no doubt that Idukki dam can hold more water, but there is a difference b/n gradual increase in water level from the sudden increase of WL which will happen if MP dam bursts. And there will be not only water, but also mud, trees, houses, rocks and according to one estimate bodies of about 30,000 Ethic Tamils who live in between the 2 dams. There is no guarantee that Idukki dam can face up to such pressure.

Tamil Desiya Pothu Udamai Katchi (TDPUK), led by Maniarsan , man you seriously need serious mental a treatment :rofl:. Why ur govt. allowed people to settle in that area in first place? now you people suspecting the strength of the dam so better your govt. can deport people from that regions to safest place so you took any steps regarding this? I think you don't nothing abt dam and its area situated fine.

Man If you decided something and argue means nothing can be reached I am interested to have healthy debates not cheap shots wic you throwing always. I end up my discussions here.

Even if it is true, I say go ahead and build a new dam with more height. I don't care if the resorts submerge.

All you can show is the window panes of some Sabarimala pilgrim's buses shattered by some anti social elements. It was never organized on a political level as s seen in TN.One of the largest textile shop in my city is Pothis. Not even a single stone thrown at them nor it was ransacked. Not to mention the various small and big business establishments run by Tamils here. After all Kerala has about 6 lakh Tamils living here.

Did it changed?..I don't think so.

Thats just propoganda. If that water flows freely we will generate more power from Idukki dam and the other dams situated down stream. Also more water will be available for us for irrigation.

So you agree that it happened. Can't blame my sister for being extra cautious.

Majority of Tamils including the TN Govt will not agree to your statement. As for culture, I don't understand even after adhering to a 999 year irrational agreement, we are being portrayed as some slimy crooks out to get the Tamils. I firmly believe that if Kerala was as big as AP and had the equal political and economic clout TN would have not have behaved the same.

mate,I dunno y u r taking my words in bad sense...
The proposal for the new dam is to safeguard those enroachment from submergence, its what he said me, cos he was at that site for nearly 2 years...
And yes, keralites business were attcked in TN, and u know it was politics, and common people opposed such attacks..Those politicos were less known radical outfits and yes, they did damage...
But i say again, the provavation for such acts came from kerala...
S, and Rent was changed last time in 1970 and its 30INR per acre which is not a bad price...
And feasability study for that had started 1789 under some local tamil kings, who found it expensive...
And still i say, kerala state had always good rain every year, and the river is of no consequence to u, kerala didnt experience any droughts in that area, as it originated in mountainous region..
For the greater good, with the permission of erstwhile Raja of trivandrum or Travancore they built that dam and has been immense use to TN and its people....

Tamil Desiya Pothu Udamai Katchi (TDPUK), led by Maniarsan , man you seriously need serious mental a treatment :rofl:.

Is it not a political party in TN eventhough its a fringe group.

Why ur govt. allowed people to settle in that area in first place? now you people suspecting the strength of the dam so better your govt. can deport people from that regions to safest place so you took any steps regarding this? I think you don't nothing abt dam and its area situated fine.

I think you have problem in thinking logically. The next you will say that remove all soil in b/n the 2 dams so that even if the MP dam breaks, mud is not washed on to the Idukki dam. As for relocating people, we will happily do. Give us some 8000 acres (if not more) in TN.

Man If you decided something and argue means nothing can be reached I am interested to have healthy debates not cheap shots wic you throwing always. I end up my discussions here.

Cheap shots.. I am not the one here who said about deporting Malayaless and secceding from India. Eventhough I will be very happy if you can do the latter part.

And for good sence, tamil and malayali members, pls refrain from extreme usage of words in a foreign forum ..
Thanks!!

mate,I dunno y u r taking my words in bad sense...
The proposal for the new dam is to safeguard those enroachment from submergence, its what he said me, cos he was at that site for nearly 2 years...

Water for you...Safety for us. Thats all we demand. Is it too much to ask.

And yes, keralites business were attcked in TN, and u know it was politics, and common people opposed such attacks..Those politicos were less known radical outfits and yes, they did damage...
But i say again, the provavation for such acts came from kerala...

Yeah some anti social elements break some glass of bus carrying Sabarimala Pilgrims, and you can all gangup and thrash Malayalee owned shops in TN. I was seeing live on Sun News how goons from different Tamil Nationalist parties ransacking Malayalee shops, threatening their owners and gladly saying on TV that if Kerala does not give us water,they will not allow Malayalee shops to function in TN. They seem to forget that about 5-6 lakh Tamilains also work in Kerala as rag pickers to running big shops like Pothys. If Malayalees also turned violent what would have happened?

Not to mention the economic blockade put on us.

and Rent was changed last time in 1970 and its 30INR per acre which is not a bad price...

From Wikipedia:

Tamil Nadu uses the water and the land, and the Tamil Nadu government has been paying to the Kerala government for the past 50 years 2.5 lakhs as tax per year for the whole land and 7.5 lakhs per year as surcharge for the total amount of electricity generated.[18][16] The validity of this agreement is under dispute between the States of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. The matter is currently pending before a Division Bench of the Supreme Court.[19][20][21][22]

You pay a pittance amount of 10 lakh..period but we never complained

And feasability study for that had started 1789 under some local tamil kings, who found it expensive...
And still i say, kerala state had always good rain every year, and the river is of no consequence to u, kerala didnt experience any droughts in that area, as it originated in mountainous region..

Thats none of your concern. We may or may not use this river economically but as long as rivers are not nationalized in India no body other than the people of the state have any say over it. What if I told you that there are many barren places in TN thats of no consequence to you and should sell that area to Kerala.

Also the fact that there is no drought in Kerala is a myth propagated by Tamil politicians. Some areas in Kerala like the famous backwaters in Kerala face the strange situation in which there is water all around but there not a drop to drink.

For the greater good, with the permission of erstwhile Raja of trivandrum or Travancore they built that dam and has been immense use to TN and its people....

Historical documents show that the then Maharaja of Travancore was bullied by British into signing this document. May be foresee the disaster that this agreement will bring to the people of Kerala.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom