What's new

Sending Pakistan to Mars

There is a strain of negativity which I always see with science. First we should feed everyone, then do science. It happens in India, it happens in Pakistan, ans is happening in USA too as they are slashing their science budgets. Think of the budget as the total income. Won't you save some money from your income for the future?
Investing in science is saving for the future. And science is so interconnected, that advancements in one field trickle down rapidly to other fields. Malthus predicted we won't have food to feed all the global population. He was wrong, because of science. After all ambitious scientific programs act as technology boosters which continue making life better for everyone many years down the line. Denying that is not good policy.

well i didn't read the article.. so i don't know.... I'm just saying we dont need to waste money on crap... while our population suffers... we not stupid like our neighbors... aka your other country.

you know what "crap" is? Cricket, soccer and wasting money dor religion. Space tech is progression and investing into a better future for all. Of course there are always people who want to remain in their cave. They should be ignored.

Building nukes was a matter of survival...a space program is just something that is nice to have, not a necessity.

you do realize that evry civilisation that has no space program is doomed for extinction, right?

Gentle reminder to Hoodboy a rule of mathematics: when there is a rise, there is a fall and vice versa.

On topic, if Pakistan stops spending millions on failures like cricket which is giving us only shame and uses this money on science and tech, then at least we would know we are not throwing it on some fancy-dress garden parties. But what can we do if our PM is a cricketer.

Pakistan should incorporate the seeds of science into their kids for multiple reasons

1. Avoid being in the hands of religious fanatics
2. Enable country to find alternative source of funds ( ISRO is earning lot of money by sending satellites of other countries)
3. To enable kids to think about innovative ways in solving solution
4. All programs - either space , research etc have their applications in common mans day to day life

you know what "crap" is? Cricket, soccer and wasting money dor religion. Space tech is progression and investing into a better future for all. Of course there are always people who want to remain in their cave. They should be ignored.

you do realize that evry civilisation that has no space program is doomed for extinction, right?
What kind of nonsense is that ?

What kind of nonsense is that ?

nonsense that the most renomated scientists like Hawking or Carl Sagan say.

space_travel_quote_2.jpg

As long your civilisation is only living on one planet you are doomed for extinction.

It is no matter IF an asteroid slams into earth. Its a matter of when.

Praying and religions will not safe you. Only science can.

Stephen Hawking: Space exploration is vital to our future - Salon.com

"
Stephen Hawking: Space Travel is 'Life Insurance' for Survival of Human Race

Space exploration has driven and continues to drive major scientific and technological advances," he said, adding that it can represent a "life insurance" for our future survival as "it could prevent the disappearance of humanity by colonising other planets".

This is not about your small pakistan. This is about the human race. As long we sit on this small ock, we are just one impact, one gamma ray burst away from extinction. Humanity did always explore and oush the boarder forward.

If people like you would have a say we would never have left ethiopia.

We conquered the entire planet. The next target is moon and mars and then the entire solar system...and then beyond that.

Watch this and see what i mean:

You only look down and try to secure a place on the dirt. I look up and think about our place in the stars.

nonsense that the most renomated scientists like Hawking or Carl Sagan say.

space_travel_quote_2.jpg

As long your civilisation is only living on one planet you are doomed for extinction.

It is no matter IF an asteroid slams into earth. Its a matter of when.

Praying and religions will not safe you. Only science can.

Stephen Hawking: Space exploration is vital to our future - Salon.com

"
Stephen Hawking: Space Travel is 'Life Insurance' for Survival of Human Race

Space exploration has driven and continues to drive major scientific and technological advances," he said, adding that it can represent a "life insurance" for our future survival as "it could prevent the disappearance of humanity by colonising other planets".

This is not about your small pakistan. This is about the human race. As long we sit on this small ock, we are just one impact, one gamma ray burst away from extinction. Humanity did always explore and oush the boarder forward.

If people like you would have a say we would never have left ethiopia.

We conquered the entire planet. The next target is moon and mars and then the entire solar system...and then beyond that.

Watch this and see what i mean:

You only look down and try to secure a place on the dirt. I look up and think about our place in the stars.
Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan had an opportunity to see the universe in a way that few other people had and despite this they chose to refute the existence of a Creator, so you will excuse me if I take their grand statements on philosophy with a grain of salt. We may perhaps one day colonize the other planets in this solar system but humans evolved on earth and were designed to operate on earth. The day that we will posses the technology that will allow us to live on other planets with the same ease that we live on earth is so far into the future (if at all possible) that to contemplate it is an exercise in futility. As far as exploring the stars goes, that will have to be done in our imaginations because most mainstream scientists agree that such a accomplishment is simply not possible for the human species. The distances between stars are simply too great. I have nothing against exploration (in fact I have probably explored more of our planet in my few years than you will probably ever will) and I am just being pragmatic.

Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan had an opportunity to see the universe in a way that few other people had and despite this they chose to refute the existence of a Creator, so you will excuse me if I take their grand statements on philosophy with a grain of salt. We may perhaps one day colonize the other planets in this solar system but humans evolved on earth and were designed to operate on earth. The day that we will posses the technology that will allow us to live on other planets with the same ease that we live on earth is so far into the future (if at all possible) that to contemplate it is an exercise in futility. As far as exploring the stars goes, that will have to be done in our imaginations because most mainstream scientists agree that such a accomplishment is simply not possible for the human species. The distances between stars are simply too great. I have nothing against exploration (in fact I have probably explored more of our planet in my few years than you will probably ever will) and I am just being pragmatic.

I dont believe in a creator and i would be happy if you dont push your fairytales on me.

Most scientists did also agree that you cant travel faster than 30mph 200 years ago. Most scientists did also agree that we can never fly. So spare me your small worldview. Beside that i'm relative sure that i did saw more countries and things in my life than you and im far younger than you are.

We were hunters and foragers. The frontier was everywhere. We were bounded only by the earth, and the ocean, and the sky. The open road still softly calls. Our little terraqueous globe as the madhouse of those hundred thousand millions of worlds. We, who cannot even put our own planetary home in order, riven with rivalries and hatreds; are we to venture out into space?

By the time we are ready to settle even the nearest other planetary systems, we will have changed. The simple passage of so many generations will have changed us; necessity will have changed us. We are… an adaptable species. It will not be we who reach Alpha Centauri and the other nearby stars. It will be a species very like us, but with more of our strengths, and fewer of our weaknesses; more confident, farseeing, capable and prudent.

For all our failings, despite our limitations and fallibilities, we humans are capable of greatness. What new wonders undreamt of in our time, will we have wrought in another generation, and another? How far will our nomadic species have wandered, by the end of the next century, and the next millennium?

Our remote descendants, safely arrayed on many worlds through the solar system, and beyond, will be unified, by their common heritage, by their regard for their home planet, and by the knowledge that, whatever other life may be, the only humans in all the universe, come from Earth. They will gaze up and strain to find the blue dot in their skies. They will marvel at how vulnerable the repository of all our potential once was, how perilous our infancy, how humble our beginnings, how many rivers we had to cross, before we found our way.
~ Carl Sagan
Source: The Sagan Series: The Frontier is everywhere

Hats off to a brilliant mind, an inspiration. May he rest in peace. Really recommend all to see the complete series which is +- 30 minutes in length(9 parts all in all):toast_sign: This was just to whet your appetite. Peace. No disrespect. :p

I dont believe in a creator and i would be happy if you dont push your fairytales on me.
Yes I can tell by your dim witted replies that you consider yourself accountable to no one.
Most scientists did also agree that you cant travel faster than 30mph 200 years ago. Most scientists did also agree that we can never fly. So spare me your small worldview.
Even if we could move at the speed of light (which is physically impossible) we would be unable to visit all but perhaps our closest neighboring stars.
Beside that i'm relative sure that i did saw more countries and things in my life than you and im far younger than you are.
Yes if maturity of thought is what we are measuring you are but a babe.

This planet is all we will probably ever have and it is high time we start taking care of it instead of chasing these unrealistic fantasies.

Yes I can tell by your dim witted replies that you consider yourself accountable to no one.

Even if we could move at the speed of light (which is physically impossible) we would be unable to visit all but perhaps our closest neighboring stars.

Yes if maturity of thought is what we are measuring you are but a babe.

This planet is all we will probably ever have and it is high time we start taking care of it instead of chasing these unrealistic fantasies.

1. i have two creatore. My mother and my father. They had sex and thats it. No fairy needed.

2. We dont need the speed of light for fast travel. There are other ways to trick the system.

3. This planet is nothing but a small rock and by far not our frontier. We are better than that and we deserve better.

We dont need the speed of light for fast travel. There are other ways to trick the system.
All those other way to "trick the system" as you put it are highly theoretical and unproven. (things like wormholes and whatnot). And even if they do turn out to be real there is no guarantee that we will be able to manipulate them much less survive them.
This planet is nothing but a small rock and by far not our frontier. We are better than that and we deserve better.
We are nothing more than advanced primates and for such a creature we live in the ideal world...we deserve better ? why would you be so presumptuous so as to claim that we deserve anything better than what this planet has already given us. Anyways I will get what I deserve in the afterlife and so will you.

All those other way to "trick the system" as you put it are highly theoretical and unproven. (things like wormholes and whatnot). And even if they do turn out to be real there is no guarantee that we will be able to manipulate them much less survive them.

We are nothing more than advanced primates and for such a creature we live in the ideal world...we deserve better ? why would you be so presumptuous so as to claim that we deserve anything better than what this planet has already given us. Anyways I will get what I deserve in the afterlife and so will you.

as i said, you have a small worldview. You look down to defend your place in the dirt, i look up,for my place in the stars.

Back
Top Bottom