What's new

Send back Sri Lankan Air Force jawans, say all parties in Tamil Nadu

Why doesnt WB,Punjab & Rajasthan apply the same logic , they have Punjabis ( Hindus & sikhs) , Sindhis , Rajputs & Muslims on both sides of the ' boundary created half a century ago'. ? They are in an identical situation.

Once again, lets not wash our linen here.

Who said not to apply the same logic? Read my post #23 above.

I was replying to some one else's post .

Mate - I know you were responding to Bhairava's post.

But this is true for me as well - "What we share is a common culture,language spanning millenia - that they don't fall within the political boundaries created half a century ago does not and will not take away the millenia old connection."

For your information, I am reading a tamil novel since yesterday called "Ponniyin Selvan" (I suggest you read it in English - it talks about how Rajaraja Chola came to power - it was his son who conquered South East Asia and Indonesia and the reason why Ramayan flourishes in these countries) having taken a mid-year break from office and more I read about it, I agree to what Bhairava posted above and that is the reason I responded.

Mate - I know you were responding to Bhairava's post.

But this is true for me as well - "What we share is a common culture,language spanning millenia - that they don't fall within the political boundaries created half a century ago does not and will not take away the millenia old connection."

For your information, I am reading a tamil novel since yesterday called "Ponniyin Selvan" (I suggest you read it in English - it talks about how Rajaraja Chola came to power - it was his son who conquered South East Asia and Indonesia and the reason why Ramayan flourishes in these countries) having taken a mid-year break from office and more I read about it, I agree to what Bhairava posted above and that is the reason I responded.

The same applies to other states of India too.

They too have family, emotional, religious, language - you name it connections with their ilk living across borders created by us.

Thats all I am trying to put across.

I am a tamil and I have my sympathy for SL tamils. Having stated that, I have not spoken in this thread about compromising Indian interests for them.

No issue there. I too sympathise with the plight of Sri Lankan Tamils (those not part of the LTTE), just not agreeing with the effectiveness of the methods suggested by many of my fellow countrymen from TN. My concern is primarily the well being of those still in SL, not the emotions those who now live in the U.K. or Canada & who have no plans of ever returning. Pandering to the emotions of Tamils at the cost of actually benefiting those who still have to live in SL is imo, a unproductive & eventually a counter-productive strategy.

But I have highlighted couple of items which is affecting TN tamils - Tamil fishermen getting killed - not once but for many years and Katchatheevu, a land which belongs to India and was in TN granted to SL . Let me know your take on these issues.

And mind you, Katchatheevu was not ratified by two houses of parliament which in itself deems it as illegal. And the TN fishermen are getting killed because the boundaries are blurred between India and SL as Katchatheevu is very near India.

I have no particular opinion on the correctness of the ceding of sovereignty part of this issue. The killings are both regrettable & pointless. Sovereignty of those Islands is pretty much a lost cause; once ceded, no chance that international opinion will agree to a change of heart.

The same applies to other states of India too.

They too have family, emotional, religious, language - you name it connections with their ilk living across borders created by us.

Thats all I am trying to put across.

I totally agree to it and I share my empathy with them as well.

No issue there. I too sympathise with the plight of Sri Lankan Tamils (those not part of the LTTE), just not agreeing with the effectiveness of the methods suggested by many of my fellow countrymen from TN. My concern is primarily the well being of those still in SL, not the emotions those who now live in the U.K. or Canada & who have no plans of ever returning. Pandering to the emotions of Tamils at the cost of actually benefiting those who still have to live in SL is imo, a unproductive & eventually a counter-productive strategy.

I have no particular opinion on the correctness of the ceding of sovereignty part of this issue. The killings are both regrettable & pointless. Sovereignty of those Islands is pretty much a lost cause; once ceded, no chance that international opinion will agree to a change of heart.

Not yet - The case is in court.

So when is DMK/ADMK going to announce their (fast)fast for the Sri Lankan Tamils :unsure:

CHENNAI: In a dramatic move, Tamil Nadu chief minister M Karunanidhi surprised even close aides and family members by going on a sudden fast early Monday morning to demand an immediate ceasefire in Sri Lanka. As it happened, Colombo announced cessation of hostilities later in the morning and the DMK patriarch called off his protest before lunch, not having missed a meal but having made an electoral point.

ok if you think that SL ties is more important then there is no point for us to be part of India union,yes we need a free nation.

If somebody died in J&K borders means I am expressing my condolence with whole heartily because I am Indian but wen genocide happened to my race at my backdoor I shouldn't talk about that issues? becoz I am Indian ,wat a logic?. In addition my nation supporting that mass murderer and given royal welcome wat it implies? did our nation thought abt our feelings? hw many non tamilians talking against that act? then hw we become brothers and sisters wen you can't understand our feelings? talking national integration is pointless now.

If our nation not bothering us means then why we have 2 think about Pakistan and China those are non- tamilian problems ryt.
rightly said brother:)

we have every right to ask for seperate nation if congress continuing bed with lankans

So when is DMK/ADMK going to announce their (fast)fast for the Sri Lankan Tamils :unsure:

:lol: - I can fast better than Karunanidhi as I can stay without eating in between my breakfast and lunch for 4 hours.

rightly said brother:)

we have every right to ask for seperate nation if congress continuing bed with lankans

Mate - I disagree. We live in a federation and TN has been having its rights. Now with the weak central government relying on coalition politics, if need be TN politicians can squeeze the b***s of the central government and influence even the foreign policies. But we all know what the TN politicians were doing for the past few years at the center. It is pointless blaming the central government. We elect our representatives and if they have not done a good job, we have to blame them.

idk why we must be concerned with what they did to the sri lankan tamils. As long as they dont spill over here, i dont think they are our people, or our problem.

East Pakistan , Maldives , SL aren't our problem then why India deployed its army in those countries . If India having holy track record means nobody can't question her but unfortunately she poking her nose in neighbors problems.

:lol: - I can fast better than Karunanidhi as I can stay without eating in between my breakfast and lunch for 4 hours.

Mate - I disagree. We live in a federation and TN has been having its rights. Now with the weak central government relying on coalition politics, if need be TN politicians can squeeze the b***s of the central government and influence even the foreign policies. But we all know what the TN politicians were doing for the past few years at the center. It is pointless blaming the central government. We elect our representatives and if they have not done a good job, we have to blame them.
cant able to disagree with u brother.
But after the death of the rajiv ghandhi congress seen us total tamilians as their enimies.

They treat us badly. And they like to watch lankan tamilians raped and buried to death by lankans.

Hope modi comes next time:undecided:

Whenever the centre disagrees with Tamilians they cry 'secession' .

I mean what's the deal here ? Why hold the entire nation hostage ?

The centre has moved heaven and hell to appease tamilians in the past and continue to do the same to date. Yet, here we are.

Sri Lankan tamils are NOT INDIANS.

If you guys cared so much for SL Tamils you would treat them well. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Refugee camps ( made by TN ) are substandard and not even worth its weight in manure. Dont even get me started on the massive humanitarian concerns regarding their treatment and rehabilitation in TN by TN government. This is nothing but a political stunt.

Also, SL tamils killed our PM !

Didn't the GoI helped Tamil fighter's for a separate state after the politicians from Tamil Nadu have been harbouring and training these terrorists in Tamil Nadu since 1970's.GoI paid the price of their wrong doing with the death of IPKF soldiers........

When you talk to Lankan Tamils in Australia.........they curse India like hell and talk endlessly about their Tamil Eelam while sipping on to Hahn Super Dry @ Irish Murphy..............Just like there Canadian Khalistani counterparts :lol:

*true story bro*

This weak government assisted SL forces to execute tamil genocide in full swing even earlier strong government not dare to do such notorious things. Wat TN politicians will do? withdrawing support actually not making sense at that time. Italian ***** took the revenge thats it.

Back
Top Bottom