What's new

Send back Sri Lankan Air Force jawans, say all parties in Tamil Nadu

At least somebody like you is supporting ,thanks.

Don't worry dude.

Most of India will support this cause. India's policy decisions should take into consideration the sentiments of the locals.

Tamils are an important part of our Indian society. We cannot simply not care about their sentiments.

@ Indian_Jigar : I understand what you are trying to convey. However, it is not possible for everyone to get over their emotions. Indian Tamil will have sentiments for Tamils worldwide. It is not necessary that they be Indians only. We have to respect that.
Your points are valid too. However, until Sri Lanka gives equal importance to Tamils, none of us should support them.

Sri Lankan Tamils are not Indians..agreed. But they were the ones who were shortchanged by the Indian Govt for its own designs and hence India is morally responsible for their well-being.They werre the ones who suported India when the Lankans were giving the Pakistanis logistics during the '71 war.

Moreover being a Punjabi - I assume you are one, sorry if you are not - you can easily disconnect yourself from the happenings in Lanka and see it only through the prism of India-Lanka diplomatic relations....As Tamils, to us, this issue transcends mere diplomatic relations between two countries...its an emotional issue for us...Trust me most of those unaffected by Partition feel the same, you feel towards the Lankan Tamils...but only a Punjabi can understand the pain of partition and only a Tamil can understand the pain of seeing the Lankan Tamils systematically annihilated in Lanka.

So if you cant say anything other than - they are not Indians, so dont worry about them - please refrain from that. I am being much courteous as this is a Pakistani site...some may not be so.

Yes I am a Punjabi. I was responding to Machete who claimed that Tamils are not cared for by the central Govt of India. Of course being a nation, the Central Govt is going to focus more on its own citizens than people outside. I would argue that the central Govt has done more for the SL Tamils than it has done for the Punjabi/Sindhi Hindus in Pakistan, does that mean I start claiming to form a separate nation?

I personally myself dont agree with training the SL pilots in TN because of their rough relationship, and hope that the SL Tamils get justice for what they have suffered in the past.

my tamil brothers should also understand pan indian psychi , why we did not stop what happened in sri lanka .( trust me guys , i understand those who pick up guns against oppression as my grandfather was a krantikari too .) you are angry on behalf of sri lankan tamils, but to rest of us they remind us of lost indian lives in sri lanka. and even after that it was not over and rajiv gandhi was killed along with a lots of innocent by-standers. on one side my heart goes out to tamils trapped in oppression there and on another i remember what happened to our army and pm (primarily army). so for us there are tamilnadu tamils for whom we'll lay down our lives in an instant , and there are sri lankan tamils who are as distant to us as a brother who has turned to dark side.

ok...Why India intervened into east Pakistan issue?

Machete, let us not get into these topics.

There were many benefits to India from intervening into east Pakistan. The same cannot be said of Sri Lanka.

Biggest of the benefits was Breaking down of our largest enemy into 2 pieces.

I personally do not like the stance the Indian Government has kept towards the annihilation of Tamils in Sri Lanka. However, this cannot be compared to East Pakistan in any way.

I think that even you should be proud that India did intervene at that time.

my tamil brothers should also understand pan indian psychi , why we did not stop what happened in sri lanka .( trust me guys , i understand those who pick up guns against oppression as my grandfather was a krantikari too .) you are angry on behalf of sri lankan tamils, but to rest of us they remind us of lost indian lives in sri lanka. and even after that it was not over and rajiv gandhi was killed along with a lots of innocent by-standers. on one side my heart goes out to tamils trapped in oppression there and on another i remember what happened to our army and pm (primarily army). so for us there are tamilnadu tamils for whom we'll lay down our lives in an instant , and there are sri lankan tamils who are as distant to us as a brother who has turned to dark side.

I respect your opinions because I know it is not possible to feel what we feel as a Tamil.

I would have been happy if you had even tried to understand what we feel and tried to support us -- but I wont fault you for not doing so.

Similarly don't fault us for "not" understaning that alleged "pan indian psyche". We dont like Lankans in our soil and we will make all efforts, within the bounds of constitution to expel those rogues out of our state.

Yes I am a Punjabi. I was responding to Machete who claimed that Tamils are not cared for by the central Govt of India. Of course being a nation, the Central Govt is going to focus more on its own citizens than people outside. I would argue that the central Govt has done more for the SL Tamils than it has done for the Punjabi/Sindhi Hindus in Pakistan, does that mean I start claiming to form a separate nation?

I personally myself dont agree with training the SL pilots in TN because of their rough relationship, and hope that the SL Tamils get justice for what they have suffered in the past.

I dont think so -- not caring is better when you actually start supporting someone and betray them in the middle -- the LankanTamils underwent that. Moreover these Lankan Tamils were the ones who supported India when their country Lanka sided with Pakistan in the '71 war..I dont think the Punjabi/Sindhi Hindus did that..so these guys sure deserve a better deal.

Anyway as I said lets agree to disagree -- we will make all efforts within the constitution - to expel these people out of our state.

Machete, let us not get into these topics.

There were many benefits to India from intervening into east Pakistan. The same cannot be said of Sri Lanka.

Biggest of the benefits was Breaking down of our largest enemy into 2 pieces.

I personally do not like the stance the Indian Government has kept towards the annihilation of Tamils in Sri Lanka. However, this cannot be compared to East Pakistan in any way.

I think that even you should be proud that India did intervene at that time.

ok...then what is the need of operation cactus? if you(India) can't do anything for tamils better stay calm don't betraying always.

India screwed tamils in every means.

For those Indian members who are talking about larger interests of India - here is something I posted in another thread and I am posting a snippet from it.

India has for long sacrificed the interests of many citizens/non-citizens who are/can be more patriotic than many living in India due to the geo politics.

1. In Assam and Bengal illegal Bangladesh immigrants changing the demographics of certain regions and India keeping quiet as a policy of appeasement
2. Kashmiri Pandits thrown out of Kashmir and India has more or less forgotten about this as they do not want to add to the dissatification of the separatists.
3. India illegally handing over Katchatheevu without the ratification of two houses of parliament and some Indian official deeming it illegal for TN fishermen to fish near Katchatheevu and Tamilnadu fishermen getting killed/arrested by SL Navy and Indian government not doing a squat lest it will offend SL.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-dollars-china-financing-5.html#ixzz1zjvsPN1l

and I would add item no 4.

4. People(read it as hindus mostly except in case of SL) from Pakistan/Bangladesh/SL whose interests are sacrificed by Indian government.

ok...then what is the need of operation cactus? if you(India) can't do anything for tamils better stay calm don't betraying always.

India screwed tamils in every means.

Would you mind changing it to Indian Congress Government?? I do not think that the wrong Indian Congress government truly reflect what we, Indians from other parts, wanted.

As pointed out above by Sashan, all of us are suffering due to the appeasing policies of the government.

ok if you think that SL ties is more important then there is no point for us to be part of India union,yes we need a free nation.

If somebody died in J&K borders means I am expressing my condolence with whole heartily because I am Indian but wen genocide happened to my race at my backdoor I shouldn't talk about that issues? becoz I am Indian ,wat a logic?. In addition my nation supporting that mass murderer and given royal welcome wat it implies? did our nation thought abt our feelings? hw many non tamilians talking against that act? then hw we become brothers and sisters wen you can't understand our feelings? talking national integration is pointless now.

If our nation not bothering us means then why we have 2 think about Pakistan and China those are non- tamilian problems ryt.

Firstly, lets not wash our dirty linen in public. Any amount of bickering here will not influence the Govt.

Secondly, Politics and profession read Defence should not be mixed. If a specific facility exists in Tambram those needing that training have to go to Tambram .

Tomorrow Didi will say that ppl from BD must not be trained in WB or The Akali Dal will want the Pak rangers not to have meeting on Punjab soil..

Tamils who live in SL are Sri Lankans .

Does Didi or the CM of Rajasthan/ Gujarat / Assam / Tripura object because Bengali / Gujarati / Rajasthani/ Assamese Hindus get discriminated in BD / Pak ?

Lets leave it here.

Does Didi or the CM of Rajasthan/ Gujarat / Assam / Tripura object because Bengali / Gujarati / Rajasthani/ Assamese Hindus get discriminated in BD / Pak ?

Language is a much much more potent identity than religion can ever be -- the creation of BD is an example.

What we share is a common culture,language spanning millenia - that they don't fall within the political boundaries created half a century ago does not and will not take away the millenia old connection.

ok if you think that SL ties is more important then there is no point for us to be part of India union,yes we need a free nation.

If somebody died in J&K borders means I am expressing my condolence with whole heartily because I am Indian but wen genocide happened to my race at my backdoor I shouldn't talk about that issues? becoz I am Indian ,wat a logic?. In addition my nation supporting that mass murderer and given royal welcome wat it implies? did our nation thought abt our feelings? hw many non tamilians talking against that act? then hw we become brothers and sisters wen you can't understand our feelings? talking national integration is pointless now.

If our nation not bothering us means then why we have 2 think about Pakistan and China those are non- tamilian problems ryt.

This is actually not a valid comparison. A similar comparison would be Indian Muslims asking India to break ties with Israel because of their "atrocities" on muslims. More importantly, what has India achieved by voting against SL in the UNHCR? Has it made an iota of difference? It has only reduced any leverage India might have to help those Sri Lankan Tamils who are still in Sri Lanka. The attitude shown by many Tamil members here as well as those of the leaders in TN is very short sighted. The aim must be improve the lot of those Tamils who are still within SL and make a practical difference in their lives rather than to indulge in silly semantics which help no one.

This is actually not a valid comparison. A similar comparison would be Indian Muslims asking India to break ties with Israel because of their "atrocities" on muslims. More importantly, what has India achieved by voting against SL in the UNHCR? Has it made an iota of difference? It has only reduced any leverage India might have to help those Sri Lankan Tamils who are still in Sri Lanka. The attitude shown by many Tamil members here as well as those of the leaders in TN is very short sighted. The aim must be improve the lot of those Tamils who are still within SL and make a practical difference in their lives rather than to indulge in silly semantics which help no one.

I am a tamil and I have my sympathy for SL tamils. Having stated that, I have not spoken in this thread about compromising Indian interests for them.

But I have highlighted couple of items which is affecting TN tamils - Tamil fishermen getting killed - not once but for many years and Katchatheevu, a land which belongs to India and was in TN granted to SL . Let me know your take on these issues.

And mind you, Katchatheevu was not ratified by two houses of parliament which in itself deems it as illegal. And the TN fishermen are getting killed because the boundaries are blurred between India and SL as Katchatheevu is very near India.

Language is a much much more potent identity than religion can ever be -- the creation of BD is an example.

What we share is a common culture,language spanning millenia - that they don't fall within the political boundaries created half a century ago does not and will not take away the millenia old connection.

Why doesnt WB,Punjab & Rajasthan apply the same logic , they have Punjabis ( Hindus & sikhs) , Sindhis , Rajputs & Muslims on both sides of the ' boundary created half a century ago'. ? They are in an identical situation.

Once again, lets not wash our linen here.

idk why we must be concerned with what they did to the sri lankan tamils. As long as they dont spill over here, i dont think they are our people, or our problem.

Back
Top Bottom