What's new

Send back Sri Lankan Air Force jawans, say all parties in Tamil Nadu

I am not suggesting interference with other countries. Here is what I am suggesting - when minorities (hindus/sikhs/christians/ahmadis it does not matter) from Pakistan/Bangladesh/SL are looking for refuge in India provide them. Do not look at it from the prism of religion. When 3 million to 30 million illegal immigrants whose allegiance to India are questionable are living in India without GOI doing a squat, isn't it in the moral authority of India to protect the minorities living in the said nations as they belong to the erstwhile Indian empire? or for geopolitics sake sacrifice them? The question is what is India's preference? secular fiber or moral fiber?

Empire ?

Responsibilities cease once association ceases .

As regards responsibilities towards minorities living in other nations, except for making noises there is little else that can be done .

When the reprehensible acts of Babri Mosque & the Gujarat riots took place what else did any Muslim nation do to India beyond making noises ?

When Christians are persecuted what does a christian nation do besides making noise or at best applying diplomatic pressure ?

Minorities are citizens of the nation they live in. It therefore is the resp of the nation to look after its citizens . Redress will come to them from the laws of the land they live in. If the state does not then it fails .

India is not the custodian of Hindus the world over just as no Muslim / christian nation is the custodian of people of those religions in other countries. Rinkle's case is a Pak issue. If that nation chooses to ignore its minorities its their issue.

One understands the emotional connect between Tamils of TN & North SL, I empathize with the Tamils of TN. Yet state level politics cannot take precedence over defence issues.

Having been there during those days one is acutely aware of what went on and saw first hand the sufferings of both the Tamils & Sinhalese. I have experience what the tamils did to the Sinhalese & vice versa. Hate always begets hate.

Having said this I maintain its an internal issue of SL.

I think after you read Poniyin selvan , sivagamiying sabatham would occupy second favorite. Even I have a plan to read sivagamiyin sabatham shortly. Have a nice day mate.

I have read both several times but I read Sivagamiyin Sabatham first. It is like how the first love is always a special one.

I know well JS is expert in defense related issues in PDF I am great fan of his post that is different. But tamil issues is ours so I knw more than him , for eg: he don't anything abt kachativu now I provided evidence can he refute my post.

I am living in my own land and need free nation ,who the hell are to suggest me to do that or this thing? I know wat I am writing damn.

Are you actually using two identities? You seem to be taking credit for what is written under the moniker "Neuro". In any case you should find out more about the "Tamil" connection of JS that I referred to before mouthing off the "I know more" bit.

As for the bit about living in your own land, so am I. I take it that your courage is limited to a forum & not really capable of withstanding the "Sinhala" cowards. Another display of the "Uttara Kumara" type of bravado here

Govt bows to Tamil Nadu politicians, sends back Sri Lankan trainees

CHENNAI: Bowing to the pressure of politicians from Tamil Nadu, the defence ministry on Friday decided to send back Sri Lankan air force personnel who were undergoing training at the Tambaram airbase.

"All Sri Lankan trainees are being sent off today from this station as per instruction of the ministry of defence," a brief defence ministry statement said.

Govt bows to Tamil Nadu politicians, sends back Sri Lankan trainees - The Times of India

Would the Mods kindly close this thread now please.

The lankans have gone back & we can live happily ever after.

..till the next crisis happens.

Empire ?

Responsibilities cease once association ceases .

As regards responsibilities towards minorities living in other nations, except for making noises there is little else that can be done .

When the Babri Mosque came down or after the Gujarat riots what else did any muslim nation do beyond making noises ?

When Christians are persecuted what does a christian nation do besides making oise or at best applying diplomatic pressure ?

Minorities are citizens of the nation they live in. It therefore is the resp of the nation to look after its citizens . Redress will come to them from the laws of the land they live in.

India is not the custodian of hindus the world over just as no muslim / christian nation is the custodian of people of those religions in other countries. Rinkle's case is a Pak issue. If that nation chooses to ignore its minorities its their issue.

One understands the emotional connect between tamils of TN & North SL, I empathise with the Tamils of TN. Yet state level politics cannot take precedence over defence issues.

Having been there during those days one is acutely aware of what went on and saw first hand the sufferings of both the Tamils & Sinhalese.

Having said this I maintain its an internal issue of SL.

Lets for discussions sake agree on the two points, here is my question - so what is India doing in Assam fighting ULFA? shouldnt the Indian army and ULFA be fighting the battle together in kicking out the illegal immigrants? What did India do to protect Kashmiri pandits? Both are internal issues but questioning the secular credentials of India.

If you see my posts, I did not state anywhere sacrificing the Indian larger interests for SL tamils though I share my sympathy to them. But I am questioning the Indian interests sacrificing TN tamil interests. I want India to deal with SL with a stern hand for two reasons - killing of TN fishermen and Katchatheevu. I don't think any members answered it here. Moreover taking the example of Assam and Kashmir, in my post, I am questioning the claim of Indian interests. My opinion is GOI weakness in dealing with some issue with a firm hand is masked as Indian interest here and the two examples - Assam/Kashmir showcases that. Here is why. in 1986, when SL was threatening indirectly to provide Trincomalee as the base to US while Jaffna was under siege, Rajiv called SL's bluff when he sent planes to drop foot packets in Jaffna. This scared SL president who came to Delhi to sign the peace treaty(read Operation Poomalai). Here is SL threatening India with base for China. Is there only one approach for India to deal with SL? And that is sacrificing TN interests?

For Katchatheevu and fishermen killing, I have seen only indifference from GOI for the past few years. If GOI does not care, then it is upto the TN politicians to influence the policies of GOI and if this includes interference in SL, so be it. After all TN politicians are there to represent TN people and their interests. And if fellow members here are talking about Indian larger interests, I want them to answer my questions around Kashmir,Assam and TN fishermen/Katchatheevu.

If you decided something and arguing means we can't conclude any thing , once again proved your insanity through the post. I can't argue with ignorant like you ,I rest my case here.

Here is evidence for Kachativu isses. still you want that copper plate means come to TN and see.

http://save-tamils.org/dmdocuments/miscellaneous/Appeal_letter_to_parliamentarian_to_retrieve_Katchatheevu_Island__English.pdf

It is very simple really. Take each point and answer it. You either can or you cannot. End of story.

Is there any linguistic evidence beyond what I have cited?
Is Kumari a real object, can the landmass be detected under the ocean, or is it a myth which cannot be proved?
What is the basis of your claim that the Sethupathi owned Kachchativu? You mentioned a brass plate. Which era does it relate to?

If you are unable to make your point, surely you will quit the discussion on the grounds that you cannot argue any further, which is exactly what you have done.

That shows everyone who is reading that you are taking a position not on logic but on emotion. Which is fine, but nobody who does not share your emotion will agree with you, whereas if you successfully argue your point, others will turn to your point of view.

Your choice.

I know well JS is expert in defense related issues in PDF I am great fan of his post that is different. But tamil issues is ours so I knw more than him , for eg: he don't anything abt kachativu now I provided evidence can he refute my post.

Where have you provided evidence? None of your posts have any evidence about Kachchativu.

I am living in my own land and need free nation ,who the hell are you to suggest me to do that or this thing? I know wat I am writing damn.

That is entirely your own wish. There is nothing to discuss, because it is what you want. So fight for it. Don't write about it.

Lets for discussions sake agree on the two points, here is my question - so what is India doing in Assam fighting ULFA? shouldnt the Indian army and ULFA be fighting the battle together in kicking out the illegal immigrants? What did India do to protect Kashmiri pandits? Both are internal issues but questioning the secular credentials of India.

If you see my posts, I did not state anywhere sacrificing the Indian larger interests for SL tamils though I share my sympathy to them. But I am questioning the Indian interests sacrificing TN tamil interests. I want India to deal with SL with a stern hand for two reasons - killing of TN fishermen and Katchatheevu. I don't think any members answered it here. Moreover taking the example of Assam and Kashmir, in my post, I am questioning the claim of Indian interests. My opinion is GOI weakness in dealing with some issue with a firm hand is masked as Indian interest here and the two examples - Assam/Kashmir showcases that. Here is why. in 1986, when SL was threatening indirectly to provide Trincomalee as the base to US while Jaffna was under siege, Rajiv called SL's bluff when he sent planes to drop foot packets in Jaffna. This scared SL president who came to Delhi to sign the peace treaty(read Operation Poomalai). Here is SL threatening India with base for China. Is there only one approach for India to deal with SL? And that is sacrificing TN interests?

For Katchatheevu and fishermen killing, I have seen only indifference from GOI for the past few years. If GOI does not care, then it is upto the TN politicians to influence the policies of GOI and if this includes interference in SL, so be it. After all TN politicians are there to represent TN people and their interests. And if fellow members here are talking about Indian larger interests, I want them to answer my questions around Kashmir,Assam and TN fishermen/Katchatheevu.

Refer post Nos 25 & 245.

Well the issue is settled -- why are we still arguing ? Did I not mention yesterday that we know how to make use of the 40 MPs we send to Delhi ?

Anyway its time for a grouphug, Indians...
grouphugg.gif

p.s:- I know the headline is stupid and emotive, designed to vitiate any difference between Tamilians and ROI on this issue -- but knowing TOI, I just move on.

Joe Shearer - Sir - I would be glad to discuss with you as I always look for any information to enlighten myself. Unfortunately I could not send this message in private as I do not have the privilege of a PM as I am not yet a senior member. I will wait till I achieve my senior membership as I do not want to let go of the opportunity to have discussions with an esteemed member. Thankyou.

Joe Shearer - Sir - I would be glad to discuss with you as I always look for any information to enlighten myself. Unfortunately I could not send this message in private as I do not have the privilege of a PM as I am not yet a senior member. I will wait till I achieve my senior membership as I do not want to let go of the opportunity to have discussions with an esteemed member. Thankyou.

Don't worry about that. For obviously serious and interested people, I have shared my e-mail id and have had very interesting conversations.

ok then make a country of TN and take raja as your PM

Nope we would rather make APJ Abdul Kalam as our PM and Sivanthu Pillai as the defense minister!(Just quoted this to remind they are also Indians)

So trolling is your birth right!

Where have you provided evidence? None of your posts have any evidence about Kachchativu.

He *supposedly* gave evidence using his other id, "neuro". Thats a clear confession that he is using multiple ids. According to pdf policies, thats enough reason for a perma ban.

Back
Top Bottom