What's new

Secretary Pompeo to IK "you were welcomed like a Rock Star".

Of course. That is what makes it a win-win situation for both USA and Pakistan. What could be better for both countries according to the principles of international geopolitics, the present thread of a rock star welcome included (to stay on topic).

Logic is logic, without pessimism or cynicism, for it is reality.
I see two things logic and lack of hope separately.
Who would have thought what Europe could be before renaissance, who could have thought what the future holds during US Civil war.
Yes I agree that Pakistanis should not become a victim of their own optimism.
Maybe you are telling something which all should listen.
I am of same opinion but what I saw that Trump and Imran had mutual respect. If Pakistan delivers it opens up chances for further respectable cooperation.
As long as it is mutually beneficial.

To see a Pakistani who is well regarded eloquently arguing Pakistans position is refreshing. Too often Pakistans voice is not heard.

When you compare it to the absolute shower that have preceded him.....

Americans have realized that there are few things happened in last 10 years.
1. decline of American power
2. deterioration of relationship with Pakistan.
3. improvement in relationship with India.

some wise man told them, you are the company you keep

Or may be USA does not care how much support there is as long as the people it chooses to interact with can deliver on their required roles in the pursuit of its national interests. After all, this is the country that went from calling the mujahideen the "moral equivalent of the founding fathers" to "terrorists" in a few years. Please never forget that. :D
and see what happen from a saviour they are now defeated superpower.

How do you think PTI got the funds to run a successful campaign in the first place, in violation of ECP rules? They know everything, or just about
Revolution doesn't requires funding

Had this statement made for Modi, every news channel and news site, would had made this their main headline for 3 days.

Before we all go ga-ga over this "great success" please keep in mind that USA has a history of celebrating every useful person that can serve its goals, only to dump them when they are no longer useful.

That is the most realistic and truthful statement.

But Americans do have a weakness ........ they like to remain lawful and try avoiding any bad publicity. I hope IK knows how to talk to them and speak to them. Receptions and welcomes are mere cosmetics, what counts is reaching the common American and winning them. Don't undersell and lock them in a situation where they cannot dispose you or dump you ....... taking their Ambassador with you on air travels is a failed strategy ....... making them face backlash from common Americans is the successful strategy, and keep reminding them of the legal implications, they have this habit of lending an ear to proper fully backed reasons.

Or may be the Americans have found a person suitable for their goals.
1) Step 1 take a glass
2) Step 2 Fill it with cold water
3) Step 3 Drink that water
4) Step 4 Take a midday nap :-)

That is the most realistic and truthful statement.

But Americans do have a weakness ........ they like to remain lawful and try avoiding any bad publicity. I hope IK knows how to talk to them and speak to them. Receptions and welcomes are mere cosmetics, what counts is reaching the common American and winning them. Don't undersell and lock them in a situation where they cannot dispose you or dump you ....... taking their Ambassador with you on air travels is a failed strategy ....... making them face backlash from common Americans is the successful strategy, and keep reminding them of the legal implications, they have this habit of lending an ear to proper fully backed reasons.
Optics go a long way in shaping opinion
The deep state for years tried to discredit PTI and boldly defended our national interests when it comes to media and ptm

Optics go a long way in shaping opinion

American interests outweigh everything. They weren't born yesterday. We need to capitalise on these optics and this time come up with a proper strategy to deal with them.

The US establishment observes everything very minutely and I think the success of this US visit has a lot to do with that Jalsa in DC. It clearly gave a message to the US that IK is indeed here with the support of his people and not as his opponents were trying to project him, a "selected PM" with no real support.

You guys have no idea about last 3 days in US. How people welcome Khan.

They did not become a superpower by not caring about things, they notice the very minute of things keenly, they saw that Pakistan now has a leader that has tremendous influence over a large group of people in the USA....

They don't need to observe that to know who he is. They knew who he is before he even entered politics. And they knew how and why he got elected as PM and what kind of support he enjoys at home.
They keep an eye on everything in the world, and one does not need to do a jalsa in DC to show them anything.

American interests outweigh everything. They weren't born yesterday. We need to capitalise on these optics and this time come up with a proper strategy to deal with them.
Their interests are their own however with them turning a blind eye to ptm and the media we have further strengthened our own interests

Please show me your appointment letter first. :D

Can we get back on topic now, O Great @Pakhtoon yum?

=========================

Before we all go ga-ga over this "great success" please keep in mind that USA has a history of celebrating every useful person that can serve its goals, only to dump them when they are no longer useful.
You mean the passport that iam still proud of, unlike the people that sell their identity to fit in.

But sadly @Pakhtoon yum, it seems PDF has no such policy for the useless gutter mouth, anti state trash on display, spewing filth against Pakistan at every opportunity.
It's ok, he needs to show his white masters that he is just like them. A person that hates his on background doesnt get far.

Back
Top Bottom