What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

Actually they should have been like these.

View attachment 480782
View attachment 480783

Whole canopy is holded by 2 hinges and on closing they are not visible like JFT-B.
Now look closely what they were talking about....and how far away are the items in question....Why do people just jump on the bandwagon? Have you seen the pictures where I have even written and shown the issue. Have you read post about drag? Just please stop wasting time

Whole canopy is holded by 2 hinges and on closing they are not visible like JFT-B.
That aspect of design ... how many hinges and where to place, depends very much on the structural strength underneath.
jF-17 is a light frame a/c, load has to be evenly distributed across the length of canopy and i guess underneath there's a horizontal bar, while in examples shown by you, there ought to be extra strong elements vertically at the point of hinges and you only see hinges outwardly, missing out on hinges inwardly.

That aspect of design ... how many hinges and where to place, depends very much on the structural strength underneath.
jF-17 is a light frame a/c, load has to be evenly distributed across the length of canopy and i guess underneath there's a horizontal bar, while in examples shown by you, there ought to be extra strong elements vertically at the point of hinges.

I m not taking about strength here, I m talking about visibility of those on JFT-B.

jF-17 is a light frame a/c, load has to be evenly distributed across the length of canopy and i guess underneath there's a horizontal bar, while in examples shown by you, there ought to be extra strong elements vertically at the point of hinges.
Has anyone here done any stressing on aircraft

I m not taking about strength here, I m talking about visibility of those on JFT-B.

Visibility issue is superficial.... it's a war machine after all.
It's like comparing different models of LandRover.
You did compared number of hinges...

Visibility issue is superficial.... it's a war machine after all.
It's like comparing different models of LandRover.
You did compared number of hinges...

That visibility contributes in increase of RCS of JFT-B.

That visibility contributes in increase of RCS of JFT-B.

Let's assume that they are hinges.
One things is for sure they won't be there on the final version. Jingle design is simple and even 1st year engineering student can come up with better design than whenbyiu see. Export customers will not want to see that either and the B model is foe customers really

Afterburner

After burner or Wet thrust is AFTER the turbine stage.

Be mindful about the pump, it may have been designed for durability issues more than performance.

A pump's output is high pressure fuel.
The fuel nozzles and the combustion tubes are designed and optimized with a given pressure rating.
Thus the fuel pressure cannot be changed on the fly, without first re-designing the other parts.

Last edited:
Actually they should have been like these.

View attachment 480782
View attachment 480783

Closed canopy view.

View attachment 480784

Hi,

Superficially that is how it looks like---being held by two hinges---but that is only in the open position---.

When the canopy goes down---I am positive that there are latches/flanges/protrusions that slide onto the frame of the canopy to keep it down and locked during flight---.

Forebody VG can be installed at nosecone, starboard, canards, canopy, additionally base of dorsal spine, depending upon 'casus belli'. US has been playing with it for donkey years, as late as 2012 with super-hornet & british with UAVs, hawk and typhoons.
Why on starboard only?

Last edited:
They are hinges, whoever is claiming them to be strakes is lying, and the engine being used in B is the same RD-93.
During recent trials JF-17B has reached Mach 1.3 at 3000 ft, and is capable of as much as JF-17A. And yes I have updates on Block 3. What do you want to know?

Hi,

" Lying" is not a proper word to use for respected members---.

Hi,

" Lying" is not a proper word to use for respected members---.

The point is, even if they are hinges, they provide the designers an insight into the behavior of strakes, IF they were positioned around that area. Let's not forget this is a prototype.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom