What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

So those little protrusions under the canopy are VG strakes then and not hinges? What engine is being used on the B version? Have the specs for max speed changed? And do you have any updates on Block 3?
They are hinges, whoever is claiming them to be strakes is lying, and the engine being used in B is the same RD-93.
During recent trials JF-17B has reached Mach 1.3 at 3000 ft, and is capable of as much as JF-17A. And yes I have updates on Block 3. What do you want to know?

They are hinges, whoever is claiming them to be strakes is lying, and the engine being used in B is the same RD-93.
During recent trials JF-17B has reached Mach 1.3 at 3000 ft, and is capable of as much as JF-17A. And yes I have updates on Block 3. What do you want to know?

But in your post above, you mentioned the strake/inlet area. Could you point out what you mean by strake then?

For Block 3: first, has the airframe changed at all? Any stealth/LO features added? Second, which engine is going to be used? Third, when are we expecting the first prototype to fly?

But in your post above, you mentioned the strake/inlet area. Could you point out what you mean by strake then?

For Block 3: first, has the airframe changed at all? Any stealth/LO features added? Second, which engine is going to be used? Third, when are we expecting the first prototype to fly?
Yes i mentioned the same :D, for correction inlet literally means intake.
Block III has two variants (dual seat and single seat)
Dual seat serial production is starting from May 2019 (it resembles the current JF-17B)
Engine is the same...
First 22 dual seaters will be produced
After 22 dual seaters single seater production will start which will have design changes.
And yes the aircraft will use aramid fiber enforced composites that will reduce RCS...
JF-17B already has use of composites (the whole dorsal spine and vertical tail is composite)

Lol! It's upto you to agree with me, I am luckily one of the few here who have knowledge about each and every bit of the JF-17, and I am also working on its simulator and have personally seen this JF-17B (also saw it today lol).
And observe the picture I've attached, the block II aircraft only has fuel in fuselage while in JF-17B we have fuel addition to the Vertical tail and Strake/intake areas. I still would have no problem if you don't agree :)
JF-17B-JF-17bl2.jpg

It's possible that there are fuel pockets underneath those composites /allu alloy.
Still it don't take away the fact that those green are alloys with high strength to weight ratio.

Thanks. Wondering why an "expert" is spreading misinformation about such an obvious thing. Not like it's gonna fool any adversary.
Now Indians have the opportunity to copy.

It's possible that there are fuel pockets underneath those composites /allu alloy.
Still it don't take away the fact that those green are alloys with high strength to weight ratio.
Stop making such assumptions PLEASE

Now Indians have the opportunity to copy.
I exactly know where is the use of composites in this aircraft, I can mark it for you. The fact will remain fact that green paint indicates areas with fuel :)

@Gallium Nitride what exactly is the contribution of Pakistani engineers to the structural design of various Thunder versions? Who lays out the design requirements? Do we have wind tunnel facilities at PAC?

@Gallium Nitride I want to know a bit about RD-93 are those being upgraded in China for increased thrust?
Chinese cannot upgrade them without permit..., yes wet thrust has been increased overall by installing new fuel pump

@Gallium Nitride what exactly is the contribution of Pakistani engineers to the structural design of various Thunder versions? Who lays out the design requirements? Do we have wind tunnel facilities at PAC?
The fact is that the project being a JV I would say both have same contribution. And yes PAC has a wind tunnel but new one is being built under Project Azm and it will be used to study aircraft aerodynamics because in the future we'll be manufacturing aircraft completely on our own

Are you sure that's hinges? What are they attached too? Too far away from the canopy.
Also if they are out certainly the aircraft is on the ground and this is a trick shot as such surfaces will interfere with the airflow

They are bolted to canopy and possibly help open and hold it.

Chinese cannot upgrade them without permit..., yes wet thrust has been increased overall by installing new fuel pump

The fact is that the project being a JV I would say both have same contribution. And yes PAC has a wind tunnel but new one is being built under Project Azm and it will be used to study aircraft aerodynamics because in the future we'll be manufacturing aircraft completely on our own

What's the max payload for B version, and also for Block 3?

More fuel means eventually more heat, than it must be the turbine blades also being upgraded with Chinese made!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom