What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

The point is, even if they are hinges, they provide the designers an insight into the behavior of strakes, IF they were positioned around that area. Let's not forget this is a prototype.

Thing thing about vortexes ..
for so long designers have abhorred the idea of these nasty devils and now they are being toyed as beneficial
design elements.

Lol! It's upto you to agree with me, I am luckily one of the few here who have knowledge about each and every bit of the JF-17, and I am also working on its simulator and have personally seen this JF-17B (also saw it today lol).
And observe the picture I've attached, the block II aircraft only has fuel in fuselage while in JF-17B we have fuel addition to the Vertical tail and Strake/intake areas. I still would have no problem if you don't agree :)
JF-17B-JF-17bl2.jpg
Most important Question for block Ill is obvious whether the engine would be Rd 93 or the 93 MA?

Yes i mentioned the same :D, for correction inlet literally means intake.
Block III has two variants (dual seat and single seat)
Dual seat serial production is starting from May 2019 (it resembles the current JF-17B)
Engine is the same...
First 22 dual seaters will be produced
After 22 dual seaters single seater production will start which will have design changes.
And yes the aircraft will use aramid fiber enforced composites that will reduce RCS...
JF-17B already has use of composites (the whole dorsal spine and vertical tail is composite)

Any Update on HOBS Missile and HMD/S ?

Any Update on HOBS Missile and HMD/S ?
if PAF need, we have ready made HOBS MISSLE (PL10)and HMD/S (J20)for BLKIII.

every HMD/S will be customized for the very pilot flying different jets. just like we do for J20 pilots.

to maximize the usage of HMD/S, we shall have EODAS on blk III.

i think this is just too much for BLKIII.

Last edited:
Hi,

No---that is a useless question---. the most important question is the EW package---.

This criteria has never changed and never will----.
More EW payload, powerful radar will effect the baseline weight and thus performance.
The need for aesa and stronger avionics is already confirmed

eventually everything will depend upon how that is compensated via stronger engine

This is exactly the bottle neck on other aircrafts as well

its better if more powerful engine comes into play. they will adopt more cimposite material in BLKIII to offset the weight increase of AESA and EW.
As @Gallium Nitride said that BLK-3 will based on JF-17B which already increase a content of 8 to 35% BLK1-2 to B i think there is enough % of composite materials for BLK-3 just my 2 cent @wanglaokan :angel:

And therefore need a higher thrust engine like WS-13, RD-93MA to cumpensate of EW,AESA@wanglaokan

The best rework really is a solution as in cars, which lifts the rear trunk , every thing is installed internally and nothing is visible on body on the outside

As stated before the two parts cost $20-$30 every thing else is just nuts and bolt installation
QL-21-11017-03%202005-2014%20Mustang%20Redline%20Tuning%20Quicklift%20ELITE%20Trunk%20Struts%20006.jpg

The trunk opens due to the two rods there is electricity or mechanical parts it is just pressurized part which extended once the trunk is unlocked the pressure in rod just lifts open the trunk

And the same concept should have been applied in the Canopy opening , pilot unlocks the Canopy lock the Canopy opens no hinges involved
MK7-AHPK.gif

Approach used in Rafale

Every example that you've given uses hinges. All the boots of all these cars are attached to the body with hinges, the hydraulic pistons' job is just to open, close and/or hold the 'lid' open. The one on the M5 are motorised hinges and hence do not need the hydraulic pistons. The canopy in the JF-17 already works the exact same way except that the hinges are crudely designed and hence visible on the outside. The F-16 uses the exact same concept as well, the hinges are only positioned differently (and hidden) and hence the canopy opens to a different angle.

Geely-EC7-RV-EC718-RV-EC-HB-EC715-RV-Emgrand7-RV-hatchback-HB-bagagliaio-di-un.jpg_640x640_zpsvfdsuz9a.jpg
QL-21-11017-03%202005-2014%20Mustang%20Redline%20Tuning%20Quicklift%20ELITE%20Trunk%20Struts%20006_zpstwogo2it.jpg

The hydraulic piston:

IMG_0202_zpsymnxpw6b.jpg

The best rework really is a solution as in cars, which lifts the rear trunk , every thing is installed internally and nothing is visible on body on the outside

As stated before the two parts cost $20-$30 every thing else is just nuts and bolt installation
QL-21-11017-03%202005-2014%20Mustang%20Redline%20Tuning%20Quicklift%20ELITE%20Trunk%20Struts%20006.jpg

The trunk opens due to the two rods there is electricity or mechanical parts it is just pressurized part which extended once the trunk is unlocked the pressure in rod just lifts open the trunk

And the same concept should have been applied in the Canopy opening , pilot unlocks the Canopy lock the Canopy opens no hinges involved
MK7-AHPK.gif

Approach used in Rafale

Hi,

You seemingly have no concept of aircraft grade material and aircraft grade quality---.

Those "hinges" have to be of extremely high quality material and quality to withstand all the centripetal and centrifugal forces that will be exerted on the canopy during the flight---.

It could be the most critical part of the aircraft---as it secures the pilot in the cockpit.

Hinges could cost in 1000's of dollars---.

8-) Well that is where Engineers and parts manufacturer come into play the concept is there to be copied

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom